More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 06:44:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Can someone give me a hand with my Servo Replacements?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can someone give me a hand with my Servo Replacements?  (Read 4434 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Can someone give me a hand with my Servo Replacements?
« on: 2006 November 28, 16:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been working on a Servo Texture replacement set on and off since I first started playing OFB.  Just for my own use.
I was especially horrified at how terrible the female servos look, both with the hidious crayon lipstick and the awful tent of a formal dress, but I also wanted to get rid of the blue tint.  Fixing the textures was easy.  Female servos look perfectly fine with no lipstick at all, and the eyelashes and the antennae-bow keeps them different from the males anyway.  As for the dress, I was afraid I'd have to learn meshing, but I decided I could just swap the dress mesh for the rather charming tuxedo mesh the males use, and maybe make a pink recolur or something.  It took me a while to find out how to replace meshes, but I got it working, but now I'm stuck.
I have got the female servo to use the male body mesh, but she is also using the male texture.  That's OK, but I would rather like to know why, and how to change it.
Are there even more textures I have to change?
I don't know who to ask about this kind of thing, not many people mess with clothing in SimPE in this way.

I've attached the body package.  The head replacements are in a different file, but they're just textures, so they shouldn't be interfering in any way.

Edit: Removed attatchment.  Will upload full version when it's perfect.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 29, 12:42:46 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Can someone give me a hand with my Servo Replacements?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 28, 16:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wes_h at MTS2 helped me out.  I think I've got it almost perfect now.
Just a little more testing and adjusting of textures and I'll see if I can get the whole lot uploaded somewhere.

Edit:  Seems to be perfect now:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=206963
« Last Edit: 2006 November 29, 13:50:35 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: