More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:19:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  how to make alien sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: how to make alien sims?  (Read 12490 times)
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
how to make alien sims?
« on: 2006 March 27, 09:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm sorry if anyone has posted this before, but i'm in a hurry as i'm going to have my test real soon and my lecturer will be coming in any second now.

how can i make alien sims using bodyshop? has it something to do with using boolprop? thanks so much! oh here he comes! wish my luck!!

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: how to make alien sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 27, 14:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the neighborhood screen, type boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true.  Then head on over to the Create A Sim screen.  Press shift-N, and you'll get a little message about CAS being in debug mode.  When you're creating a sim, select custom skin tone, and there it is, green and shiny!  Oh, and you can also select a sort of dead-white color.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 27, 22:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That white skin tone is for the mannequinns (body shop).  Don't use it if you want your sims to have children, as there isn't a baby skin!  I tried it once, not knowing this, and my game locked up when the mother was having her baby.  Use a custom skin if you want white.

The green alien skin works great, though.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 27, 22:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the white skinned tone was the one they use for Vampires, and since when vampires have babies they are not Vampires it would explain why there is no baby white skintone.  Undecided
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 27, 23:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the white skinned tone was the one they use for Vampires, and since when vampires have babies they are not Vampires it would explain why there is no baby white skintone.  Undecided

IIRC the vampire 'skin tone' is a semi-transparent (all body) overlay which gets put on when the vampire is made.  You can see the sim's original skintone underneath. 

The white skintone is the mannequin, AFAIK.

Inteen for AL, yay!
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 27, 23:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the white one is the skintone of the mannequins in bodyshop.

Isn't there also some hairiness with the alien skintone and babies? Or has this been fixed in an expansion somewhere?
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 27, 23:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dang.  Is it possible for someone to create a baby mannequin skintone?  I totally had a family planned out (the Spook family) and they were going to use the white skin tone.  I experimented a bit in bodyshop, and it appears to work just like the alien skin tone (that is, all children born to a white skin tone will have the white skin tone, and there is a chance that their children will also inherit it), but since CAS doesn't create infants, obviously I never ran across that.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone is feeling creative and could construct an infant skin tone using that white.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 27, 23:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dang.  Is it possible for someone to create a baby mannequin skintone?  I totally had a family planned out (the Spook family) and they were going to use the white skin tone.  I experimented a bit in bodyshop, and it appears to work just like the alien skin tone (that is, all children born to a white skin tone will have the white skin tone, and there is a chance that their children will also inherit it), but since CAS doesn't create infants, obviously I never ran across that.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone is feeling creative and could construct an infant skin tone using that white.

I'd be surprised if that hasn't already been done.  It'd be really easy if you could extract the skin in Bodyshop, more fiddly if you had to use SimPE.

Inteen for AL, yay!
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 28, 00:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no need for anyone to make this has it's been done a million times before.

a quick search of www.modthesims2.com will yield you a ton and a half of very very pale skintones.  Gothic there as elsewhere is IN.

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?f=346&showType=2

If you find nothing  that suits you there, take a look at this section : http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?f=202&showType=2 section.

Lots of creators have modified existing skins in order to make them very pale.

uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 28, 02:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thanks for the info.  I'm not too familiar with using custom skintones (and by "not too familiar" I mean that I've never done it), so I'm curious - do they work like the alien skintone in the game?  That is, the child of a custom skintone will always inherit that skintone (it's dominant) but a child of that child only has a chance of getting it?

Like...

F1 skintone parent + custom skintone parent = custom skintone child carrying F1 gene as well
Child of the above parents + F1 skintone parent = baby with either F1 skintone or custom skintone

That's why I liked the mannequin skintone, as it seemed to function like the alien skintone, and I'm not sure if custom skintones do that.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 28, 03:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a white skintone, it's available as a regular custom skintone and as a default alien skintone replacement

regular
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=147

alien (this link also has the picture of the skintone)
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=137

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 28, 22:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made my own white skintone using body shop, as well as several other custom colors for a genetics test 'hood I've been playing.  I didn't like the mannequinn one anyway, so mine is different.

And yes, the genetics are inherited like you said.  That's what I've been experimenting with.  A bad combo is turquoise skin and red hair.  Ugh!  It will be interesting to see what traits they pass on to their children in the next generation.

And the white mannequinn skin has been available since TS2 came out, so it has nothing to do with vampires, anyway.  I think they changed the skins when NL came out, because my old files didn't look right when I loaded them into body shop to do some minor changes and had to start all over!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 28, 22:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone is looking for a pale skin, I did an "extra pale" recolour of Louis' skintones. If you are still using the maxis skintones, it may be too realistic looking comparitively though. Also, it isn't pasty white so much as just very, very pale.

Anyway, here is a link for anyone interested:
 Extra Pale Skin Recolour
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 30, 19:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks so much!! i'm like living in the stone age, with no broadband in my area and all dial-up services are having trouble logging me in. now i can finally make pretty aliens for my sims!

uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 30, 22:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 16, 08:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is no way to get those huge black alien eyes! do i have to download them? help and thanks so much!

Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 16, 11:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not being an avid user of body shop (it crashes on me most of the time  Cry) I wouldn't know, but I know you can access the skintone and eyes in CAS with testingcheats enabled. Remember to press shift + N.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 16, 16:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you run the CAS with testingcheats on and create a sim with the green alien skintone you should get the option to select the solid black eyes. I think it's somehow linked to the skintone though and it won't let you select the eyes without the green skin. At least it doesn't for me. I cut and pasted the texture though and made alien 'contacts' so I guess I could upload or send you those if you want.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 16, 17:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried selecting the alien skin, the black eyes, and then changing the alien skin to something else?  Just curious if that would work.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 16, 18:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried selecting the alien skin, the black eyes, and then changing the alien skin to something else?  Just curious if that would work.

When you deselect the alien skin, the alien eyes leave as well.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 April 18, 01:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't mind the pay site, Nofrena at Wood For Sims has made alien simmies....her alien skin is blue, but the eyes are VERY close to the Maxis version, and are not connected to skin tone (they are custom eyes, and will be a dominant gene unless you change it in SimPE, but at least they're available). You can find them here http://www.wood4sims.de/html/skins.html

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 April 20, 08:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

really? i chose the alien skin, but i can't find the eyes..am i missing something? haha..

Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 April 25, 05:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=30573&highlight=demon
okay, this is a little late but maybe somebody can still use it. Tongue
 I knew I had these alien eyes but I kept forgetting to check how they actually work in game. They are not contacts, they show up as custom eyes and work well with all the various skintones I've tried in CAS. I do NOT have the maxis alien skin in my game at the moment so I don't know how that would work together.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: