More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 17:18:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Trapped on an owned community lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Trapped on an owned community lot  (Read 6960 times)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Trapped on an owned community lot
« on: 2006 April 23, 13:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an intermittent bug in my game which is really annoying. If I save on an owned community lot and then want to play that family again, sometimes the comm lot is locked in build mode, but I can't go back to the original family either since the game knows they're visiting a comm lot.

The only fix I know of is to move out the family and move them back in… which of course deletes all furniture etc..

Anyone else experiencing this?
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: Trapped on an owned community lot
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 23, 13:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this was one of the major OFB bugs...saving at community lots makes me nervous, as I do not trust Maxis to deal with that correctly. Therefore I save at community lots if I have done a lot of stuff there and plan to stay, but otherwise I just send them home before I stop playing the family. If the game crashes at a community lot after you have saved there, you can simply load their house and they return from the community lot, though nothing is saved after the save point. It sems much safer that way - and if you have the OFB patch (I don't, it scares me, too) that should have fixed the problem.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 23, 13:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately
If the game crashes at a community lot after you have saved there, you can simply load their house and they return from the community lot, though nothing is saved after the save point.

Yeah, if it WORKED. As it is now it leaves me with an unplayable family. Saving on comm lots simply is not safe Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 23, 14:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you patch yet? That was supposed to have been fixed in the patch. If it STILL happens, you might try the Lot Crowbar, but I don't have anymore. Does anyone still have it?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 23, 14:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've patched, of course. Never did pick up the crowbar… what was it supposed to do again?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 23, 14:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've patched, of course. Never did pick up the crowbar… what was it supposed to do again?
It would unjam your lot if you were stuck in build/buy on a community lot like that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 23, 15:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't patched yet (patches make me nervous) so I still have the crowbar, just let me know where to send it. Theres no rtfm with it though. I believe the object description in the game tells you how to use it. Just place and click really.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 23, 16:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Braveheart - can you e-mail it to me? jordik at gmail dot com
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 23, 18:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, it's not a bug, and even the patch doesn't fix it. The Official Guide says, that if you have a business in a community lot (not your house), you are forbidden to save the lot, with the owner in it.

If you do, you won't be able to enter the owner's residential house.

The community lot business is saved automatically, when the owner calls a taxi to go home, and travels away from it. Any other savings will cause the inability to enter the lot, and the house.

...That's why I prefer to own a home-business only.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 23, 22:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali is right, your Sim cannot be at 2 places at the same time.  You will have to load the community lot, make the Sim come back home and then you will be able to play with the family lot.

If you cannot load either one of them then you will have to use JM fix for this.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 23, 23:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would load the community lot if it had an interface. It loads in build mode where I can't exactly send a Sim home.

If it really is "forbidden to save" I wonder why Maxis ever did enable an interface for it…

I hope next time it happens the Lot Crowbar will be there and able to help.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 24, 00:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually it is not forbidden to save Sims on community lots, the problem is that when we do this we cannot load the family until we reload the community lot and send the Sims back home.

Was this lot stuck before you install the patch?  I thought I still had that crowbar in my hack folder but I don't unfortunately.  Hopefully someone that still have it will come along to your rescue.

Sorry about your misfortune.
humybyrd
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 24, 01:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lot crowbar (without rtfm).

[attachment deleted by admin]

I reject your reality and substitute it with one of my own.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 24, 17:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...downloading just in case I need it. What is the difference b/t the collection and the regular package?

thanks
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 24, 20:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The crowbar works. Smiley

Sent a bug report to Maxoid… not that I am confident they can fix it. The bug is to obscure and ephemeral.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 25, 01:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...downloading just in case I need it. What is the difference b/t the collection and the regular package?
The collection allows you to place the lot crowbar, since it is not made to appear in normal build/buy mode because the mere act of clicking on it can be hazardous. Both files are required and must be placed in the appropriate locations to get it to work.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: