More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 02:03:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Recolors are eating my objects!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Recolors are eating my objects!  (Read 5905 times)
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
Recolors are eating my objects!
« on: 2006 April 19, 21:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, this is weird. Last weekend, I re-installed my game. Nothing was going wrong, I just hated all my sims and so got rid of them all. I had made a copy of my DL folder (of course) and saved it to my desktop (of course). After the install, I plopped the old download folder in ... please note that I changed nothing!
And now, the problem: my original objects thumbnails show up, but the color options are only custom content. For example, I must have twenty recolors of the Lady On Red painting. If I were to click that painting to hang in a house, the menu shows me twenty color options...none the original. If I don't click any option, sometimes the original will be placed (although unpredictably so). Usually, however, one of the recolors appears.
This has never happened before, and I've re-installed the game about as frequently as it reticulates splines (re-re-re...).

Any thoughts or ideas?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
SockMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Recolors are eating my objects!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 19, 22:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use SimPE I would run the folder through the Scan Folder option and see if there are an 'Unhealthy Packages' conflicting with your current install.  If there are, you can have SimPE attempt to fix the object.  If it cannot and you really like that picture/object then I would try export it myself and see if this action corrects the recolor.  Easier - just delete the painting and possibly redownload it from whence it came.

Just a thought.
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 19, 23:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thought had crossed my mind, and it sounds reasonable, except for two things:
1) Before running the game w/new downloads, I always run my DL folder through Clean Installer....and there are no duplicate packages
2) I didn't add or change anything to said folder before re-installing it. There was nothing funky with it before, and now there is.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 20, 00:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to come out of lurker-mode to answer this  Grin Being non-awesome it may be the only time I have an answer to a problem  Grin
I've had this issue in the past. Reinstalling the CEP fixed it.....make sure you get the latest version.
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 20, 19:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't even think of that! I think that I have the newest version, but I'll try that tonight when I get home. Good thinking, and welcome out of lurker-dom!

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 20, 19:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a new one out, 4.1.  It came out for the FFS pack.
Morganthe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 20, 23:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason you need to redownload CEP for the recolors to show up after reinstalling a game, is because it appends other files in the directory, and references them as well.  As far as I can tell you always need to reinstall it, as it won't update.  The CEP controlly-thingy thats in your downloads folder is generally set to "Read-only" and so won't record if you reinstall the game
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 21, 18:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*hits thanks button many times*
Thank you all. The newest CEP is now dld. Things now work swimmingly (thank all the deities that are), and I'm much happier. Humbler, but happier.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: