More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:36:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Game not generating townies.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game not generating townies.  (Read 8901 times)
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Game not generating townies.
« on: 2006 April 19, 15:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all I am uploading some error logs for some of the modder out there to see if they can tell me what is wrong with my game.
I created a new hood added the sub hoods I have all eps and deleted all of the sims that come with it. I have tried several times to create new townies and downtownies to but I keep getting this these error logs. I was wondering if there is a hack in there causing it. While I wait for a reply I am going to move my downloads folder out and try without it but I think my downloads are not the problem.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 22, 11:02:21 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Game not generating townies.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 19, 16:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any of Pescado's no respawn mods?

Without these  mods in place the game should generate one townie per lot visit until the minimum (30?) is reached. Ditto for downtownies (downtown areas) and YAs (colleges).
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 19, 16:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is a post about that problem here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=4031.0 as well as how you can make it work (for the most part)
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 19, 22:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any of Pescado's no respawn mods?

Without these  mods in place the game should generate one townie per lot visit until the minimum (30?) is reached. Ditto for downtownies (downtown areas) and YAs (colleges).

No I dont have any of JM no respawn mods. I moved all of my downloads out and it didnt make any differance.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 19, 22:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will second the suggestion that you go read the thread Nec directed you to.

We've tested extensively and discovered that deleteallcharacters and regenerating townies is broken in OFB.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 19, 23:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is a post about that problem here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=4031.0 as well as how you can make it work (for the most part)
I will second the suggestion that you go read the thread Nec directed you to.

We've tested extensively and discovered that deleteallcharacters and regenerating townies is broken in OFB.

Thanks guys I now will go and make my townies and downtownies the way it described in the thread. I have also tried to let the game genrate new towines as needed and the all I got was one male teen for the base hood and one female teemn for downtown. boy this is screwed need to make them one by one.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 08, 11:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

delete neighborhood manager in neighborhoods

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 08, 22:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks I will try that as well I still having an issue with townies.

Edit: Did that and didnt help. Thanks anyway
« Last Edit: 2006 May 08, 23:38:37 by Meek_Monkey » Logged
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 09, 04:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is that you added subhoods and then deleted all characters. That doesn't work with OFB.

Here is a tutorial I wrote specifically for thie

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4090.0

Hope this helps you Smiley
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 09, 04:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is that you added subhoods and then deleted all characters. That doesn't work with OFB.

Here is a tutorial I wrote specifically for thie

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4090.0

Hope this helps you Smiley

I followed those instructions and it still did not let me generate townies with the maxis townie creator and I hate making families to make into townies it takes so long.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 09, 05:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I followed those instructions and it still did not let me generate townies with the maxis townie creator and I hate making families to make into townies it takes so long.

How did you create your neighborhood? If you don't mind going through all the steps you took, perhaps that would help. And which terrains you used would be helpful, too. I will try to re-create the problem on my pc.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 09, 06:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started to create a new hood by following the step at the link u provided made a new hood I added a new shopping district then I  deleteallcharacters them I quit the game I think I should not have done that I then reloaded the game and tried to create townies no success at all I think it created adout 10-15 before I got the error.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 09, 06:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started to create a new hood by following the step at the link u provided made a new hood I added a new shopping district then I  deleteallcharacters them I quit the game I think I should not have done that I then reloaded the game and tried to create townies no success at all I think it created adout 10-15 before I got the error.

Yes, I would try only a base hood, and then deleteallcharacters, then generate without exiting the game. Since the business district doesn't add any new characters unless you choose Bluewater, it should work fine. Are you sure you don't have a hack hiding somewhere that may be causing the conflict?

By the way, I don't personally use deleteallcharacters. I delete the character files. But until this test for the tutorial, I never wanted to generate townies, either.

If you can make a new hood in an account without any downloads/hacks, that may tell you if it is a problem in your downloads folder.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 09, 07:15:03 by Nec » Logged
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 09, 07:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try again latter I dont think I have a hack that is conflicting though. I moved my entire downloads folder to my second HD and tried it, it made no differance, and I have not added any hacks since, I have just added some custom content that is all I will let you know how I got on and yes I added a brand new shopping hood as there were no shops or houses on it at all. I might try to just make a new hood and not add anything at all and see if that makes a differance base hood then shopping and then uni then downtown.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 09, 13:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game does not generate these the Grim Reaper, Mrs. Crumplebottom (If you have Nightlife), the Shrink, and the NPC-Remote Control Car, on looking at the character files after entering the lot there is on other character though. This time I am using the tree not the mailbox. Ok I have just made the 30 townies there were a few grim reapers and about 6 fathertime faces as well as a few new year toddlers as well lets hope there is not many in my game. I will now add shopping hood. ok I did that no extra files now adding downtown. exited game delete all files that were created with downtown added. Paper boy didnt arrive until all of the downtowns were created not hitch so far. Added uni quit game delete the files. Created all the requried townies not a hitch. I just remembered that I was using custom content when I tried before I made a character with no custom content at all add a lot without a house now to get rid of the ones I made I hope there are not too many father christmas's and grim reapers and father time and toddler new year.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 09, 15:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game does not generate these the Grim Reaper, Mrs. Crumplebottom (If you have Nightlife), the Shrink, and the NPC-Remote Control Car, on looking at the character files

It does. But as these are pulled from objects.package it won't waste a character file on it. SimPE hides NPCs in the last versions by default (NPCs = special Sims as the above, not the townies or servants).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: