More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 06:52:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mod to pass business perks on faster!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mod to pass business perks on faster!  (Read 5242 times)
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
Mod to pass business perks on faster!
« on: 2006 April 17, 15:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure if you know this yet.

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=9084

This hack makes it so your sims can pass along business rewards a lot faster(1 second) it also makes the outcome always good meaning the other sim won't refuse.

By Squinge.

Go Away
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Mod to pass business perks on faster!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 17, 15:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely handy -- I think it's ridiculous how long the default is set to pass on perks, especially if the person passing them on has a lot of perks.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 18, 02:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mod works pretty well for me. It really took one second. In fact, it was so fast that I didn't even catch it 'happening' the first time round. Now all my sims can just spend their insignificant lives doing other significant things instead of this boring pass it on!   Tongue

Go Away
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 18, 02:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm quite lazy when it comes to the sims bussiness', I tend to just use a mod I go from MTS2 to get all the perks, as I can't be bothered with them 'earning' all the skills, badges etc etc. Tongue

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 18, 03:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, then what excitment do you get from playing OFB? I thought earning perks is important to keep one entertained in OFB.

Go Away
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 18, 04:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well,  usually just continuasly try getting the ranks up. Tongue

Though, these days I spend more time downloading and building than playing the households.

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 18, 09:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was sourta scared that this would feel way to much like cheating..but considering how long it takes to pass them on w/o doing it the Maxis made glitch way...I probably should download.  I have a sim who has every perk there is and I don't think there's enough time in his life to pass them on to his children.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 18, 13:16:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim who has every perk there is and I don't think there's enough time in his life to pass them on to his children.

Yea, that's the problem -- I have a sim who's about 4 days away from the great bit bucket in the sky, and it took her almost a whole day just to pass on one of her perks to her young live-in lover.  She'd never get them all passed on in time without this.

And if you don't want to use this all the time, of course, you can use the clean installer to toggle it on and off before you enter the game (true with any hack).  That way it's there when you need it...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

.::devil's little sister::.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 18, 21:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mod works ridiculously fast, which is great for the time issue but it still feels like cheating..meh..oh well.  Thanks for the heads up Jysudo Wink.

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 18, 21:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you don't want to use this all the time, of course, you can use the clean installer to toggle it on and off before you enter the game (true with any hack).  That way it's there when you need it...

Good point!  Maybe then it wouldn't feel so much like cheating if I wasn't using it all the time.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 18, 23:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though I may drop in there and ask Squinge if he can make a version that's not QUITE so fast -- maybe making it 50% faster, or something...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 19, 02:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I think he will help with ur request. He is an extraordinary nice person. Just look at the whines he put up with  Cheesy

To me, 1 sec is cheating. 5 sim hours is also cheating. It's just a matter of cheating faster or slower  Tongue but at the end of the day, we are still cheating.

Go Away
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 19, 09:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though I may drop in there and ask Squinge if he can make a version that's not QUITE so fast -- maybe making it 50% faster, or something...
As it turns out, this is surprisingly tricky and the "pass on perks" action is deeply flawed.

What happens is that perks essentially pass in two phases: "Thrashing" and "Conversing".

Initially, the pass-on action thrashes. This means that the attempt to converse drops out immediately, but the code is wired to just ignore the failure, increment timer, and try again. So it will "Thrash" for about 15-30 cycles (which is why you see an average of about 20-odd% gain everytime you just try to start the action). Then it will finally start the "conversation" part.

This part doesn't actually function too well. In fact, once it gets to this point, it basically stalls. I've actually tried to see how often that "converse" call actually returns and restarts, but it doesn't happen very often. This is why it literally takes 40 days and 40 nights from this point on. So when you cancel and restart the action, you go back into that "thrash" phase, and gain an instant 15-30% in "dead cycles" that fail.

Squinge probably tweaked the point-incrementation (normally 1 point per cycle out of about 100, IIRC), so that the thrash phases cause more incrementation, without actually making the thing work: So at some point, it will just happen instantly when the number of points gained from thrashing passes the 100 mark.

How can this be fixed? No real clue at this point. It's not considered a high priority.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 19, 12:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge probably tweaked the point-incrementation (normally 1 point per cycle out of about 100, IIRC), so that the thrash phases cause more incrementation, without actually making the thing work: So at some point, it will just happen instantly when the number of points gained from thrashing passes the 100 mark.

How can this be fixed? No real clue at this point. It's not considered a high priority.

From my currently limited understanding of the internal programming, a quick look at the mod in SimPE sorta confirms that -- it looks like he did change the point incrementation.

And yea, it's not a priority, just an annoyance, since the only time (at least for me) the 'pass on perks' thing comes into play is when an elder is close to kicking the bucket and is passing the business on to one of the kids or a younger partner/spouse.  So far, that's only been one business owner, but she has a LOT of perks built up, and it was taking forever to pass them on to her partner.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 19, 20:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the "thrash" effect: If you leave the interaction just running on its own, it will pretty much never finish. If you manually start-stop the action over and over, you can pass all 20 perks (cash perks are unpassable), in about 3-5 sim hours.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 20, 00:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, interesting -- I'll have to give that a try next time I have perks to pass on.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: