More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:04:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Peggy Sims - worth the subscription?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Peggy Sims - worth the subscription?  (Read 18691 times)
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Peggy Sims - worth the subscription?
« on: 2006 April 16, 21:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm considering subscribing to Peggy Sims for a month - and was curious about people's opinions on the site, and experiences (i.e. whether you had trouble logging into the members area, download problems etc.). The price for a month doesn't seem too bad, I mena, I paid more than that for the Holiday Pack, and Peggy Sims CC seems very worth the money. Tongue

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
Re: Peggy Sims - worth the subscription?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 16, 22:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've subscribed in the past and am considering renewing my subscription when I have access to some extra funds...whenever that is. But I like her hairs. They look great in game. So I guess what I'm saying, is that yes, its worth the money for a month or so. But any longer than that you start getting antsy waiting for more stuff.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 16, 22:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have subscribed for a month and it was worth the price.  I also had a problem with a download (later found out it was on my end) and got immediate replies and was emailed a copy of the outfit.

Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 16, 22:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou for the info, I think I will see if I can subscribe, just under £10 isn't much for over 400 hundred hairs, a hundred or so objects etc. Smiley

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 16, 22:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the stuff there, but my only problem with the site is that it's so slow to scroll through pages sometimes, at least in the free stuff.  Is the subscription area any better/faster?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 16, 22:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im not a big fan of subscribing to things. Money talks, and its telling me he wants to stay in my wallet.  Wink
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 17, 01:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the subscription area any better/faster?

I can't recall any improvement in the site's loading time when I subscribed for a month, but maybe that's just me (using Firefox most of the time).
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 17, 01:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still a little sketchy on the idea - as I'm worried the subsciption would never be cancelled and money would just be coontinually taken from my account, though that's mostly my father's worry, lol. Though, from what I've heard the site is trustworthy, but still... Embarrassed

magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 17, 01:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've donated once and it was fine, I'm very happy with the downloads and the communication. I had browser problems, couldn't log in with Explorer, had to use Mozilla then had a cookie problem, the webmistress was very nice and reset an account for me.

I'd say you're likely to get better support than on TSR for instance Wink.
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 17, 02:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, someone said earlier they couldn't downlad an outfit, and it was e mailed to them.

Just curious, if you wanted, would the webmisstress remove your credit card details for you after the subscription finished?

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 17, 02:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If someone subscribed in Jan and got the Jan special donator's gift, can you pls PM me? I got something to ask you about those hairs. Thanks.

ETA: Thank you to everyone. I really appreciate the folks who PM me. Problem solved  Smiley
Can't thank you guys enough!  Tongue
« Last Edit: 2006 April 29, 16:49:07 by Jysudo » Logged

Go Away
Raevell
Asinine Airhead

The instructions made it look so easy...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 17, 08:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, someone said earlier they couldn't downlad an outfit, and it was e mailed to them.

Just curious, if you wanted, would the webmisstress remove your credit card details for you after the subscription finished?

Use paypal to pay. That way they don't get your credit card number, just the funds. And paypal is awesome, I've had a card registered there for six years and have never had any trouble.

I love Peggysims, definitely worth the money for her creations. I thought of signing up for Rose Sims but she wants nearly $40.00 for half of the content! If you like fancy clothing and hair, you'll love Peggy. My only problem with it is if I start downloading a lot sometimes the browser tells me I need to donate, but logging out and then back in fixes the problem. Also the webmistress is very nice and helpful with any problems.

And yes, the subscription pages load much faster than the free pages.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 17, 13:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone else have trouble finding things at Peggy sims?  The page has a confusing format for me.  Maybe it's just my ADD and the busyness of the layout.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 17, 14:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to hear -- guess I'll sign up for a month next time I wander in there. 

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 17, 23:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone else have trouble finding things at Peggy sims?  The page has a confusing format for me.  Maybe it's just my ADD and the busyness of the layout.

C

no, the layout is awful :p

too many flashing, girly graphics

Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 18, 00:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont like the layout and flashiness but I would say a sub there to get the hair at least would be worth it to me...

ISFJ
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 18, 00:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use paypal to pay. That way they don't get your credit card number, just the funds. And paypal is awesome, I've had a card registered there for six years and have never had any trouble.

I love Peggysims, definitely worth the money for her creations. I thought of signing up for Rose Sims but she wants nearly $40.00 for half of the content! If you like fancy clothing and hair, you'll love Peggy. My only problem with it is if I start downloading a lot sometimes the browser tells me I need to donate, but logging out and then back in fixes the problem. Also the webmistress is very nice and helpful with any problems.

They don't get the credit card number? Very useful, thanks for the info. That's what my dad was most worried about, but since she doesn't even get the number, I don't think there's much to worry about anymore. Smiley

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 18, 00:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Paypal does most things like that, and they are very secure.  It's easy peasy.

Not that I really like Peggy Sims, but that's a decision you make for yourself, whether there's enough content to satisfy you.
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 18, 00:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou for all the replies, and information. Smiley I think I've more or less decided I'll subscribe, but only for a month, as I don't really want to pay about £20 for custom content. Tongue

Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 18, 01:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I would add to this is the fact that some of her objects overwrite the item they are cloned from. You might just keep that in mind, noting the name of the object before installing it.
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 April 18, 01:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking at that site is like being attacked. I can only stand to load it in Firefox, with all the Flash and blinking text and animated gifs blocked out. It actually looks decent that way.

I've, ahem, tested the donation hairs, and they don't look so great in-game (as is the case with the free hairs). Peggy is a master of making beautiful preview pictures, but in reality her meshes look unconvincing when they're viewed from certain angles, and some of them have transparency issues.

I'd say a month's subscription is worth the price if you really enjoy her free content--just keep in mind that the donation content isn't, in my opinion, significantly better.

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 April 18, 01:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks again.

I agree about the blinkies and such on her site - totally unneccesary, and it make sthe page take far too long to load.

With her free content, I've downloaded a fair amount, and they tend to wor fine in my game, and look quite nice aswell. I wasn't really expecting her pay content to be a vast improvement at any rate.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 April 18, 02:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've, ahem, tested the donation hairs, and they don't look so great in-game (as is the case with the free hairs). Peggy is a master of making beautiful preview pictures, but in reality her meshes look unconvincing when they're viewed from certain angles, and some of them have transparency issues.

This statement really applies to Rose Sims as well  Wink

Go Away
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 April 18, 02:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One last question (my last one, I swear! Tongue) how is the animation on the hair? As I've downloaded a few hairs that have awful animation, and go 'through' the sims bodies. I'm not too bothered about movement, just as long as her hair doesn't have odd animations or goes through the sims bodies, it just looks odd.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 April 18, 02:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bleh! Ask as many questions as you want. I'll answer them all at $1 per question  Roll Eyes

There are no animations on the hair. Every single one of them just 'sit' where the hairs are supposed to be, especially those with the buns and curls. They looks absolutely awesome for pictures (if you are writing a story) but looks a bit odd in movies (because they don't move).

I believe some of them go through the sims' bodies at certain angles only such as the sim is bending up or now, or sideways (think making out). But seriously each and every one of those hairs behave slightly differently as in the way they poke out or go through the bodies. I am not sure how much you would observe these stuff. I am personally extremely picky and I notice these stuff. But I carry on using these hairs because they are pretty  Embarrassed

As a general guideline, I think Rose Sims' hairs behave worse in the game than PG2.

And PG2 paid hairs are too smooth in texture, making the hairs look really unrealistic on sims who have realistic skins such as those skins where you don't have to use make up on the sims. They look ok on sims with shiny skin though.  And each and every one of those paid hairs have the same texture which really brings down the bang for ur dollars. Personally if you ask me, hairs aren't worth paying for. I like hair but I won't pay for them because its a lot of money for something which only looks good.

ETA: Don't count on her paid objects as good either. I have some of them and they look too bright and unrealistic in the game. Gimme 4ES anytime! I love Carol's works!
« Last Edit: 2006 April 18, 03:11:52 by Jysudo » Logged

Go Away
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: