More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:46:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My sims complain a lot on my home business
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My sims complain a lot on my home business  (Read 6678 times)
Unnicknamed
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
My sims complain a lot on my home business
« on: 2006 April 16, 20:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well for the first time I made a home bussiness using the ticket machine, it is a videogame place, there are computers, vg consoles, tv, a  karaoke machine, pool table and a bathroom. But my customers insist on complain about I-don't-what. I look at their thought bubbles and they seem to complain at my sims that live in the lot. (It's not always the same sim).  So I don't have any clue.

So I'm making money but I'm not advancing, I don't what I have to do to make my customers happy and win stars.

Am I forgeting something?
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: My sims complain a lot on my home business
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 16, 20:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you post a screenshot?  It might help to see what they are complaining about.  It could be something as simple as the placement of the ticket machine.  Maybe they can't get to it easily because something is blocking it or it's placed backwards.

Karen
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 16, 21:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They will complain about sims that they dislike being on your lot...especially if they are enemies with the sim...perhaps that is it?
Unnicknamed
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 16, 21:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure.

Here is the screenshot of my lot. (It's a thumbnail) As you can see they can get to the ticket machine.

When they get the ticket a few seconds later they start to complain, is not always the same sim.

This family doesn't have any enemies.
Unnicknamed
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 16, 22:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that some sims want things from rooms that they aren't allowed to go.

But If they aren't supposed to go there why are they still trying to reach these things?
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 16, 22:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But If they aren't supposed to go there why are they still trying to reach these things?

Make sure those things aren't marked for sale.

Well for the first time I made a home bussiness using the ticket machine, it is a videogame place, there are computers, vg consoles, tv, a  karaoke machine, pool table and a bathroom. But my customers insist on complain about I-don't-what. I look at their thought bubbles and they seem to complain at my sims that live in the lot. (It's not always the same sim).  So I don't have any clue.

So I'm making money but I'm not advancing, I don't what I have to do to make my customers happy and win stars.

Am I forgeting something?

They complain for no reason, they do it all the time in my game.This is probably a bug. However, the complaining ceases when my employees earn a gold badge at what they are doing. Do your sims have gold badges? Maybe this could be related some how.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 16, 22:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before she quite the sims modding business, Inge made a patch to stop that behavior. Check this thread for a pointer to an archive of her files: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=3938.0

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 16, 22:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before she quite the sims modding business, Inge made a patch to stop that behavior. Check this thread for a pointer to an archive of her files: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=3938.0

Thanks for providing him with the right information, because Mike isn't do a good job at it.  Wink
Unnicknamed
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 16, 23:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks I think you are talking about this hack: http://www.nectere.net/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=95.0;attach=264

I thought it was more easy to make a pay per stay lot than a store.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 16, 23:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was more easy to make a pay per stay lot than a store.

I thought it was the other way around.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 16, 23:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you use the venue machine, the sims expect, besides the entertaiment stuff, to be able to socialize and have a good time - the same as you go to a night club, or a bowling center in real life.

Then, your job, as an owner is, to socilize with the visitors, give your friends and best friend free VIP entrance, and befriend as many sims you can. You don't have to strive to be friends with them, but walking from one sim to another, and just pay attention, as telling a joke, satisfy the sims a lot, and you gain loyalty points.

If your sim already have enough friends, it becomes  quite a burden  to maintain so many good relations, but if you want customers - this is your only choice.

I know that if my supplier, in real life,  won't give me some attention, or reduce some of the prices for me from time to time, as being a loyal buyer, I would stop to visit his business too...Smiley.

I don't socialize with hacks, but take care to keep the relations at least at 20/20  daily points. But there are many hacks with which you can gain a lot of loyalty points, by keeping the relations high.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 17, 01:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried sending your store owner over to show the customer a particular item?  That seems to work with my home business and always results in a positive interaction.

BTW, the business is a bakery but uses the ticket machine because the customers were spending all night in the family hot tub or playing pool on the covered patio, so I decided to start charging $50/hour. 
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 17, 03:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine tend to complain about an employee when that particular employee goes on break. I guess, according to the customers, they aren't allowed to take breaks?

They also complain about things that they themselves did. For instance, a shopper comes in and kicks one of your flamingo's over. That sim is going to complain about the flamingo laying on the ground. Another example, a sim comes over and eats a hot dog that you made for customers. That sim will now complain about the empty plate that they left on the ground or table.

WTF, I say. Bad sim! No doughnut!

Instant gratification takes too long.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 17, 04:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, Radiophonic, you are so right! But when they are in good mood - they stop the complaints.

...So, I cheat with the "eternal booster"... Grin Grin Grin
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 17, 04:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Squinge's Customers Stop Complaining hack

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=138958&highlight=Squinge

It works great.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 17, 14:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, that's the one.  Inge's original notes said that you may have to unlock and relock any doors that were locked before installing it for it to work right.  I've found it's also handy for dorms -- after OFB, and with JMP's "nodormieprotect" installed, all the low energy dormies would congregate outside my sim's room trying to get to his/her bed to sleep, and then all fall asleep on the floor blocking access to the room.  I just have the playables unlock and relock their dorm doors, and the stackup of tired dormies went away.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 17, 14:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am running a sort of bed & Breakfast.  It's located in a beautiful rustic cabin.  I made sure that there was some entertainement.  A Jacuzzi, a pool table, music, big screen tv, and a computer.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served and is included in the price.  That's the owner's main job, making food and clearing dishes.  Both actions seem to please the customers.

I have yet to get any sims to use the beds, despite trying two different hacks, but that's another story.

What I do is I make sure my sims are busy and I watch their queue. I just x out any complaints.  After a few times, the sim usually give up.

My business is almost level 9, with just minimal work on my part. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: