More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 15:21:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  issues with macros - and another odd problem.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: issues with macros - and another odd problem.  (Read 9120 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
issues with macros - and another odd problem.
« on: 2006 April 16, 03:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Figures that the day Pescado leaves for a break is the day I finally track down exactly what is going wrong with my game!  Posting this here in the hope that he will check in and read...

I have the latest updates of all macros - and I'm having big problems with skillinator dropping out...
it seems that every time the skillinator calls another macro (eat, use bathroom, kick stuff, etc), the skillinator macro drops out - it starts the sim on the required macro, the skillinator icon turns blank and when the other macro has finished it drops from the queue.  It seems to work ok on the dance skill macro, but nothing else.

No errors produced in debug mode, it just drops out

The other problem (and perhaps someone non-Pescado can help), is that with the full directors cut, apart from a few things removed I seem to be unable to generate townies after a deleteallcharacters.  I have removed the obvious things (notownieregen and nodormieregen), and I can't see anything else that could possibly be causing the issues.  This one is producing an error - I will upload a log when I manage to track one down again.

Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
Re: issues with macros - and another odd problem.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 16, 03:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the rtfm for those two hacks, removing them will cause townies/dormies to respawn.  However in order for them to do that you need to, for example, visit a community lot or move into a new dorm that isn't filled up.  If you slow down for a bit after entering the lot (it may take a little while) then you can tell that new Sims are being created to fill up the pool.  The hacks in question prevent that from ever happening.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 16, 03:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

those hacks are removed, and I am attempting to generate townies using the testingcheats option on the mail box...  that's when I get the error thrown up.  Same error occurs when trying to use the tree.

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a less obvious mod that I need to remove?
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 16, 04:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't say for sure if the testing cheats from the mailbox will actually create townies.  If you make them simply by visiting another lot or waiting for a random walkby to generate them, then there's nothing actually wrong.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 16, 04:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't say for sure if the testing cheats from the mailbox will actually create townies. 

now you're just making yourself look stupid... it works, or at least it used to before my game decided to be stupid!

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen it work successfully since OFB, so I'm now not sure if it is a mod issue or an OFB issue

Edit: dug out the error log I'm getting - attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2006 April 16, 04:30:50 by ness » Logged
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 16, 04:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ness, there is talk about this townie creation problem here - http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=3352.0

I never did get it to work with the mailbox either.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 16, 04:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Initially, I thought that thread was about something different - then I got down to where MissDoh outlined her problem - same as mine!

I can create townies one by one using the dead tree, but mass-creation of townies bugs out both on the letterbox and the tree.  I'm distinctly leaning towards an OFB problem here, not a mod conflict problem.

wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 16, 04:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem with townie generation even when I removed all my hacks. And you're right, it does seem to work if you just generate them one at a time.

Be your own fish.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 16, 06:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To solve this problem: go to your neighborhoods folder and delete NeighborhoodManager.package, as this is the file deleteallcharacters corrupts. It will recreate when you reload the game, and you will be able to create townies again.

This only works for certain if you have not created sub neighborhoods, have no townie-related hacks installed, and if you had such hacks installed, have removed them and deleted groups.cache, too. It does work with the teleporter plus shrub installed.

Checked with all sub neighborhoods. No dice. Otherwise, it fixes the problem.

« Last Edit: 2006 April 16, 09:05:23 by Nec » Logged
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 16, 06:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks Nec!

especially thanks for having the patience to sit with this and figure it out - something I am sadly lacking in!

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 16, 06:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem, I really had fun figuring it out! I was determined to figure out which file DAC corrupted, and find out if there was a way to fix it. Made my night, actually.  Cheesy
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 16, 06:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

now I guess all I have left to do is sit and wait and see if Pescado can fix my macro problem   Undecided

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 26, 12:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the exact same problem with the skillinator macro, so you are not alone in wishing for an answer.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 26, 13:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ness actually found the problem to her Skillinator failing. She had an old version lurking in her downloads along with the current version.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 26, 14:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it was a dumb Ness problem. Maybe you should check to make sure you're not doing a dumb Ness-type thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 26, 23:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, turned out I had an older version of the skillinator that had snuck into a strange place in my downloads folder - nasty!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: