More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 10:35:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Anti-Humble Hacks
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anti-Humble Hacks  (Read 18371 times)
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
Anti-Humble Hacks
« on: 2008 February 28, 04:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

f you have Free Time, you've probably noticed that every lot will receive a visit from Rod Humble, and he will give your Sims a free computer along with the Lies and Propaganda that is The Sims 3 game. Thing is, some sims are meant to be miserable, and giving them free computers along with an addicting game is simply not wanted. Plus, some may view this as cheating that EVERY house will get a free computer for nothing.

As a result, I've made a hack for those who want the choice of whether or not to get the free computer as well as one for those who don't want to see this Rod Humble character and his free computer at all.

PICK ONLY ONE!
djsantihumblehack will prevent Rod Humble from showing up at all.
djshumblechoicehack will allow you the choice of whether or not to accept the computer.

Since I can't upload it here, a picture of how the Humble Choice hack works can be found here: http://forum.djssims.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=399

Enjoy!

* djsantihumblehack.zip (0.23 KB - downloaded 805 times.)
* djshumblechoicehack.zip (0.64 KB - downloaded 621 times.)

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
toriamos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Anti-Humble Hacks
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 28, 05:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have freetime yet getting tomorrow.  Just a question does this free computer do anything that is needed for FT that the other computers won't do or is it just a marketing tool for EA for the sims3? So I know which one to download.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 28, 05:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. It's a marketing tool. An incredibly obvious and annoying one geared towards 10 6-year-olds that could be done once, not every time you play a new lot and the first time you play every existing lot after Freetime was installed. It also sells for $1350, which defeats the purpose of putting a sim in a trailer with a shoddily sodded yard and giving her one pottery wheel with which to support herself.

Yay for jfade.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
toriamos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 28, 06:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. It's a marketing tool. An incredibly obvious and annoying one geared towards 10 6-year-olds that could be done once, not every time you play a new lot and the first time you play every existing lot after Freetime was installed. It also sells for $1350, which defeats the purpose of putting a sim in a trailer with a shoddily sodded yard and giving her one pottery wheel with which to support herself.

Yay for jfade.

Thanks Zazazu, I will download  the one that he doesn't show up at all. .
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 28, 06:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I grabbed the dialog one. Some sims would use it better...

Yes, I'll remove the funds from them. It's a nice looking computer.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 28, 07:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

L&P is that this computer can be used for blogging for the hobby, and it's "special" since it can't be bought.  Has anyone confirmed if you must have this PC to do these actions? Cause it kinda looks outta place in my apocalypse neighbourhood.  Grin

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 28, 08:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can blog from any regular computer.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 28, 08:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

L&P is that this computer can be used for blogging for the hobby, and it's "special" since it can't be bought.  Has anyone confirmed if you must have this PC to do these actions? Cause it kinda looks outta place in my apocalypse neighbourhood.  Grin
Why is it L&P?

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 28, 15:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because until The Sims 3 is in the hands of the FOJ, it doesn't exist. Therefore it is lies and propaganda from the liberal media until proven otherwise.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 28, 16:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and we know from some of the things they showed in the marketing materials for FT (and earlier Eps) that half what's promised doesn't show up.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 28, 16:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this, I already hate that guy Roll Eyes Like anyone would give you free computer in RL Roll Eyes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 February 28, 17:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Improved version available in the Firing Range that properly sets the "Begone Forever" token for the fambly, so Humble stays away even when the hack is deactivated afterwards, and makes the computer buyable, minus the L&P game. Because seeing it offends me, and the way sims animate when playing it looks even more ridiculous than SSX3. At least SSX3 is hate we can trust.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 February 29, 10:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EAxis seems to try and force their L&P on the player by all means. After accepting the free PC and selling it right away (I have jfade's version because some of my sims can use the extra money), my sim went to a hobby lot. When he came back, I got a message saying something like "One of your sims brought home a new computer game - now all you need is a computer so you can play it" (like when you buy clothes without having a wardrobe). Too bad most of my households don't have PCs.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 February 29, 18:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because until The Sims 3 is in the hands of the FOJ, it doesn't exist. Therefore it is lies and propaganda from the liberal media until proven otherwise.
But that doesn't make the blogging features L&P.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 February 29, 19:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blogging is available on other PCs. They all have the same Internets.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: