More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:39:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  You think you might have a hack/mod conflict? Than check this tool!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You think you might have a hack/mod conflict? Than check this tool!  (Read 22752 times)
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
You think you might have a hack/mod conflict? Than check this tool!
« on: 2006 April 15, 07:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a tool over at Simwardrobe that permits you to check if some hack/mod you have install in your game have a possible conflict with each other.

Squinge over at the insimenator site trust it enough to make it a permanent post there.

You can install this in any folder you wish or even on your destop, it is fast and it seems to be reliable.  You simply need to unzip it (3 files to unzip)  and then double-clic on the .exe file and after the window pop-up simply clic on scan.  It will automaticaly do a report and let you know if you have possible conflicts or not.  It will not correct or fix it but at least you will know and can report to the modder about it.

You will need to install Microsoft visual basic too in order for it to work.

Here is a link to Squinge's original post about this tool, he also gave a link to visual basic in the same post:  http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=8821

It took me like 2 seconds to do a scan but I only have mods/hacks install in my downloads folder.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 15, 07:15:46 by MissDoh » Logged
viromancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: You think you might have a hack/mod conflict? Than check this tool!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 15, 10:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a useful tool, but it will also report potential conflicts between two hacks that share procedures because they've been designed to work together. The TJ re-write of Laserarcsims' Pregnancy For All was intended to work as a plug-in for the Jase-adapted versions of the Jenflower Teen WooHoo mod, but it generates three different possible conflict reports with it when you run this tool.

It also reported a number of possible conflicts between mods that have been quietly sitting together in my dowloads folder for months or years without affecting gameplay. So if you have some unexplained glitching it might help to pin down where it's coming from, but you shouldn't assume that everything it reports should be removed.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 15, 11:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It told me that two of Pescado's hacks conflicted with each other, as well as four of TJ's hacks.  Since mostly every single one of my hacks comes from this site (and then, the only hacks that don't are not global bhav's), I'm good with trusting that Pes and TJ are making sure their hacks don't conflict, or at least telling us if they do.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 16, 01:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found it useful so far; it does tag some mods that are designed to work together, but the creator has a note up to the effect that not everything it reports is necessarily a conflict.

It made me aware of one known conflict I had missed and prompted me to ask about a couple of others, which led to finding out they do indeed conflict and to Squinge updating the info for one of his mods to that effect.

So I'd say it's a great tool as long as you're willing to do a bit of sleuthing to discover what is a genuine conflict and what isn't.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 16, 05:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer Dizzy2's tool (available at MTS2). It hasn't been wrong yet as far as I've seen, and it checks GUID conflicts too, not just hck conflicts.

Fail.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 16, 23:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Dizzy2's tool also. It never fails.
Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 17, 16:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which tool is this? Dizzy's, I mean.

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why?...Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 17, 17:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes Mike please share.  Smiley
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 17, 17:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which tool is this? Dizzy's, I mean.
Yes Mike please share.  Smiley

Here it is: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=93081&c=1
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 17, 17:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a tool over at Simwardrobe that permits you to check if some hack/mod you have install in your game have a possible conflict with each other.

Squinge over at the insimenator site trust it enough to make it a permanent post there.

You can install this in any folder you wish or even on your destop, it is fast and it seems to be reliable.  You simply need to unzip it (3 files to unzip)  and then double-clic on the .exe file and after the window pop-up simply clic on scan.  It will automaticaly do a report and let you know if you have possible conflicts or not.  It will not correct or fix it but at least you will know and can report to the modder about it.

You will need to install Microsoft visual basic too in order for it to work.

Here is a link to Squinge's original post about this tool, he also gave a link to visual basic in the same post:  http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=8821

It took me like 2 seconds to do a scan but I only have mods/hacks install in my downloads folder.

According to this program, I have 9 possible hack conflicts. Take a look:
Report Start 4/17/2006 11:36:24 AM

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
Procedure Name: Interaction - Tip
Group ID: 0x7FD48616
Instance ID: 0x00001002
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Busker tipping hack.package
\downloads\tippingfix.package

Procedure Name: Function - Qualify for Level?
Group ID: 0x7F8F4EB6
Instance ID: 0x00002005
\downloads\harderjobs.package
\downloads\NL - No Friends Needed for Careers.package

Procedure Name: CT - Test - Invite Sim Over
Group ID: 0x7F739728
Instance ID: 0x00001016
\downloads\NL - Call to Chat - Invite Over Fix.package
\downloads\NL - No Call to Chat - Invite Over Fix.package

Procedure Name: Social - Memory - Congratulate - TEST
Group ID: 0x7F01EC29
Instance ID: 0x00002177
\downloads\NL - Congrats Fix.package
\downloads\NL - No Congrats.package

Procedure Name: CT - Test - Buy Cell
Instance ID: 0x000011B4
\downloads\NL - No Personal Electronics Wants.package
\downloads\nogizmowants.package

Procedure Name: CT - Test - Buy Handheld
Instance ID: 0x000011B5

Procedure Name: CT - Test - Buy MP3
Instance ID: 0x000011B6

Procedure Name: Sub - Get in T[0] - School Friend
Group ID: 0x7FBE051B
Instance ID: 0x00002029
\downloads\NL - school bus - bring friend dialog.package
\downloads\nofraternization.package

Procedure Name: CT - Test - Resurrect
Instance ID: 0x000011DC
\downloads\No Resurrect Want Spam.package
\downloads\noresurrectwant.package

End Of Report

9 possible conflicts detected.

According to dizzy2's tool,  I have none. Im not having any in-game problems so I'll be keeping this one.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 17, 18:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to a discussion in TwoJeff's forum, this is a legitimate conflict -- using the latest nofrat package keeps the 'want's to bring xxx home from school' dialog from poping up. You can only use one or the other right now.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 17, 18:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to a discussion in TwoJeff's forum, this is a legitimate conflict -- using the latest nofrat package keeps the 'want's to bring xxx home from school' dialog from poping up. You can only use one or the other right now.

Oh really? I didn't know of this. Once again, I have to choose between Twojeffs and Pescado, and I think I'll go with twojeff's hack.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 17, 18:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know what, I'll keep both because they both have valid information.
Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 17, 19:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the roadmap, Mike Cool

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why?...Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Ozzucay
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 17, 20:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know what, I'll keep both because they both have valid information.

Sounds like that's the way to go to me, too.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 17, 20:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same with this one, you need one or the other, they both do approximately the same thing.  Pescado did mention it in its post not to use both since they will conflict or was it in TJ's post I don't remember but it was mention somewhere.

No personal electronic wants is TJ'S
nogizmowants is JM's

In fact, it looks all the reports you got were about mods that are doing about the same thing.  Harder jobs and no friend needed I would ask but it makes sense to me that they might conflict knowing what they do.

This one especially looks like you should either use one or the other but not both:
« Last Edit: 2006 April 17, 20:54:19 by MissDoh » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 19, 17:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to point out that Shy has generously updated Dizzy's tool at my request. The new version is found here. The older version had a bug where it would not read any hacks that had spaces in the filename. As a result, it was totally skipping/ignoring some of TwoJeffs' hacks and did not catch the conflicts that Paladin's tool found.

I think both tools are extremely useful and supplement each other very well. Dizzy's tool is great, and I have been using it for a long time, ever since NL, but aside from the space bug, there is one caveat: All hacks that you are checking MUST be in the same directory. The tool is much simpler than Paladin's in that respect, but it was pretty much built back in the day when there were relatively few modders and relatively few hacks anyway that wouldn't really warrant subfolders per each modder.

Personally, I keep all my game mods in the same folder, especially since there are some mods that depend on load order. So this isn't so much of a concern for me. It depends on your organization style I guess. I keep all object mods in a separate folder as those type of mods are supposed to be self-contained with private BHAVs and therefore really shouldn't conflict with anything else since they don't really override existing Maxis code. I separate all other non-hack type CC into other folders as well, such as clothing, makeup, etc. since those shouldn't conflict with gamemods or objectmods either.

The one thing that I prefer about Dizzy's tool is the reporting style. Although Paladin's tool is great for listing the BHAVs, the files, and the location, I find the report output to be a bit cumbersome when trying to read it. I like the more concise way that Dizzy's tool reports conflicts such as this:

File: carpoolbringfrienddialog.package, conflicts:
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F8F4EB6, Instance = 202D in file nofraternization.package

File: CBOY_nudist.package, conflicts:
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FEABABA, Instance = 206D in file syberspunk-hottubclothesfix.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F5BA5F7, Instance = 1007 in file syberspunk-poolhack.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F585FFD, Instance = 1002 in file syberspunk-poolhack.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F585FFD, Instance = 1006 in file syberspunk-poolhack.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FB6CAE4, Instance = 1008 in file zvampirecoffinmod.package

File: CBOY_nudist_naked_emitter.package, conflicts:
   Type = 4F424A66, Group = 7FA4D046, Instance = 41A7 in file syberspunk-noshockforoutgoingandlovers.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FA4D046, Instance = 1001 in file syberspunk-noshockforoutgoingandlovers.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FA4D046, Instance = 1003 in file syberspunk-noshockforoutgoingandlovers.package

File: djssleeponcommunitylots.package, conflicts:
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F4437F2, Instance = 2002 in file echo_community_sleep.package

File: echo_community_sleep.package, conflicts:
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F4437F2, Instance = 2002 in file djssleeponcommunitylots.package

File: nofraternization.package, conflicts:
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F8F4EB6, Instance = 202D in file carpoolbringfrienddialog.package

File: syberspunk-hottubclothesfix.package, conflicts:
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FEABABA, Instance = 206D in file CBOY_nudist.package

File: syberspunk-noshockforoutgoingandlovers.package, conflicts:
   Type = 4F424A66, Group = 7FA4D046, Instance = 41A7 in file CBOY_nudist_naked_emitter.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FA4D046, Instance = 1001 in file CBOY_nudist_naked_emitter.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FA4D046, Instance = 1003 in file CBOY_nudist_naked_emitter.package

File: syberspunk-poolhack.package, conflicts:
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F585FFD, Instance = 1002 in file CBOY_nudist.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F585FFD, Instance = 1006 in file CBOY_nudist.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F5BA5F7, Instance = 1007 in file CBOY_nudist.package

File: vampirefixes.package, conflicts:
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FB6CAE4, Instance = 1002 in file zvampirecoffinmod.package

File: WooHooTeens_6f_OFB.package, conflicts:
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FE10572, Instance = 201B in file zHideTryForBabyOptions.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FE10572, Instance = 201B in file zHideTryForBabyOptionsWoohooTeens.package

File: zHideTryForBabyOptions.package, conflicts:
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F4EA230, Instance = 209A in file zHideTryForBabyOptionsWoohooTeens.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F5A0600, Instance = 200C in file zHideTryForBabyOptionsWoohooTeens.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F4437F2, Instance = 20D2 in file zHideTryForBabyOptionsWoohooTeens.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FE6B74C, Instance = 203F in file zHideTryForBabyOptionsWoohooTeens.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FE10572, Instance = 201B in file WooHooTeens_6f_OFB.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FE10572, Instance = 201B in file zHideTryForBabyOptionsWoohooTeens.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FEABABA, Instance = 209A in file zHideTryForBabyOptionsWoohooTeens.package

File: zHideTryForBabyOptionsWoohooTeens.package, conflicts:
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F4EA230, Instance = 209A in file zHideTryForBabyOptions.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F5A0600, Instance = 200C in file zHideTryForBabyOptions.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F4437F2, Instance = 20D2 in file zHideTryForBabyOptions.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FE6B74C, Instance = 203F in file zHideTryForBabyOptions.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FE10572, Instance = 201B in file WooHooTeens_6f_OFB.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FE10572, Instance = 201B in file zHideTryForBabyOptions.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FEABABA, Instance = 209A in file zHideTryForBabyOptions.package

File: zvampirecoffinmod.package, conflicts:
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FB6CAE4, Instance = 1002 in file vampirefixes.package
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7FB6CAE4, Instance = 1008 in file CBOY_nudist.package
38 conflicts detected.

It takes each mod, and lists all the BHAVs underneath that mod that have conflicts with any other mod. This way, I can check everything per mod, rather than per BHAV. I hope that makes sense.

According to this program, I have 9 possible hack conflicts. Take a look:
Report Start 4/17/2006 11:36:24 AM

<snip>

According to dizzy2's tool,  I have none. Im not having any in-game problems so I'll be keeping this one.

As I mentioned above, Dizzy's tool had a bug where it would not read/detect any hacks that had spaces in them. You should get the newer version, as it should now properly report the conflicts found by Paladin's tool.

Procedure Name: Interaction - Tip
Group ID: 0x7FD48616
Instance ID: 0x00001002
\downloads\Busker tipping hack.package
\downloads\tippingfix.package

This conflict is okay. I vaguely recall reading the RTFM for these and they should be compatible with each other in the sense that even though Pescado's mod overrides TwoJeffs' mod (at least in a WinXP/NTFS file format load order), this should be fine.

Procedure Name: Function - Qualify for Level?
Group ID: 0x7F8F4EB6
Instance ID: 0x00002005
\downloads\harderjobs.package
\downloads\NL - No Friends Needed for Careers.package

This is most likely an egregious error. harderjobs specifically redefines how sims will qualify for promotions. This particular BHAV, based on the name at least, is most likely essential to the harderjobs mod. Since TwoJeffs' No Friends Needed comes last in load order, then you are basically breaking Pescado's mod. In other words, TwoJeffs' mod takes precedence, therefore overriding any changes that Pescado made, and as a result it most likely renders Pescado's mod ineffective, or in the very least drastically changes how harderjobs is supposed to work.

I think these mods are both by TwoJeffs' and you are supposed to only choose one. I don't remember the RTFM for these, but I would think the first one fixes the annoyance reducing the appearance of the Call to Chat want and the second one prevents it from showing up altogether. Since that loads last, you are effectively turning it off.

Procedure Name: Social - Memory - Congratulate - TEST
Group ID: 0x7F01EC29
Instance ID: 0x00002177
\downloads\NL - Congrats Fix.package
\downloads\NL - No Congrats.package

Same thing here. Both by TwoJeffs, with the former reducing the occurence of the autonomous behaviour and the latter turning it off completely.

Procedure Name: CT - Test - Buy Handheld
Instance ID: 0x000011B5

Procedure Name: CT - Test - Buy MP3
Instance ID: 0x000011B6

I think both essentially do the same thing. The former being TwoJeffs and the latter being Pescado. I think Pescado reduces the wants, except in the case where you can actually buy them, say on a Community Lot. I think TwoJeffs disables all Electronic wants completely.

As Joe mentioned, this is also an egregious error where Pescado's mod pretty much prevents the school bus dialog from ever showing up. Choose one or the other. Alternatively... if you want to keep the Adult part of Pescado's mod (which I believe ensures that sims bring home co-workers who are only at the same or close to the same rank, and all sim wear appropriate uniforms according to rank rather than the same rank as your playable sim) then you can open up the nofrat mod and delete the conflicting BHAV Group ID: 0x7FBE051B Instance ID: 0x00002029.

Procedure Name: CT - Test - Resurrect
Instance ID: 0x000011DC
\downloads\No Resurrect Want Spam.package
\downloads\noresurrectwant.package

Again, the former being TwoJeffs' and the later being Pescado's. I believe TwoJeffs' only allows this want if the sim in question is a relative whereas Pescado's mod prevents it from showing up unless you actually have the resurrecting machine. Something like that. You would have to RTFM for details to be sure.

Ste

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 19, 18:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to point out that Shy has generously updated Dizzy's tool at my request. The new version is found here. The older version had a bug where it would not read any hacks that had spaces in the filename. As a result, it was totally skipping/ignoring some of TwoJeffs' hacks and did not catch the conflicts that Paladin's tool found.

Thanks for this info and the link, when I 1st tried Dizzy's one it did not gave me any conflict but Paladin's one did.  I was confused like many others since both tools did not came with the same results.  So I PM Squinge and ask him question on the reliablity of the Paladin's tool and he confirm to me that if there is a report, something is going on but it does not mean the mods cannot work together.  He said he trust 100% the result of this tool.

Since a well known modder (Squinge) strongly suggest to use it, I believed him and trust the reports Paladin's tool gave me.  I will download Dizzy's new version and reinstall it since I can count on that one too now.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 20, 00:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI, Paladin posted a new version of his tool in the last day or three -- it fixes some internal problems where conflicts were missed for various reasons.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 20, 01:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is taken from the post in regards of this tool over at the insimenator site.  The update was due to problem with some languages not the detection of conflicts:

"Paladin posted this over at N99:

There was a problem with my Sims 2 programs for users that were using some non-English versions of the game. Specifically, the German, Spanish, French, Dutch and Portuguese language versions of Sims 2 had a data path that was something other than "The Sims 2" (some other language versions may have been affected as well). The Sims 2 NPC Replacer was throwing an Error 76 on the title screen while the Hack Conflict Detection Utility was simply not doing any detecting.

Both programs have now been updated with new path detection code. This code should work with all language versions of The Sims 2 that use a western character set. The programs are identical to the original versions, so if you don't have a non-English version of Sims 2 with the problem, please don't download the programs again.

You can find the updated versions here: www.simwardrobe.com"
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 April 20, 13:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I noticed he changed the text on his website, too, to say it was because of language problems.  That's not what he originally had there when I first saw the new version, so maybe what I saw was leftover text from a prior release.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: