More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 02:36:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Obsessive Performing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Obsessive Performing  (Read 9069 times)
V
Senator

View Profile
Obsessive Performing
« on: 2006 April 15, 00:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a hack somewhere to stop Sims with no creativity skill from coming to my house and plopping out their tip jar and proceeding to assault everyone's ears with their terrible playing? They never leave and everyone else in the house wants to go give them money or spit raspberries at them.

Thanks SO much!

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
Re: Obsessive Performing
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 15, 01:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be the one called nobuskers in the hacks directory. You might need to download the director's cut and cherry pick the items you want though.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 15, 02:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, but I didn't know what "buskers" meant so I never touched that one.

LOL.

I'll try reading it over again and see if I can understand it better.

Thanks!

P.S. If you want to go ahead and tell me what buskers means then that would save me some time! :-)

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 15, 02:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

plopping out their tip jar and proceeding to assault everyone's ears with their terrible playing?

That is a busker.....and an untalented one at that!  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 15, 03:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

P.S. If you want to go ahead and tell me what buskers means then that would save me some time! :-)

"Busking is the practice of performing in public places to receive donations of money." - wikipedia
« Last Edit: 2006 April 15, 04:05:03 by Bitsy » Logged

Eschew Obfuscation.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 15, 03:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, thank you so much. That was helpful.

The only nobuskers download I have found refers to NL only. Do you know offhand if it is already ready for OfB?

THANK YOU!!!

Already you have helped tremendously just by giving me a point in the right direction.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 15, 05:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works. I am using that version too. Buskers will only perform at parties now after using that hack.

Go Away
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 15, 07:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simply download JM OFB director's cut, it is part of it and it works fine with OFB as all the other mods that are included in that file.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 15, 15:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for your help in this. If I were as clever as people IRL pretend to think I am I would have thought to look "buskers" up in the dictionary for myself some time ago. I thought it was some made up word specifically for Sims!

I downloaded the patch and had my sim start to chat with the busker who was already there when I closed the game. When my sim was all done talking to the visitor the visitor did NOT start playing again. Hallelujah.

I really appreciate your help. I had spent most of yesterday looking all through this site but I couldn't find the hack on my own.

Where do the dialogues about older hacks disappear to? I believe I read almost every board on this site and with following links for things to follow up on later I ended up with 10 IE windows open -- all from this site! lol

Thanks again to everyone for helping with this annoying little problem.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 15, 16:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

off topic, just curious...no buskers in your country?

Over my side, buskers can even fight each other for the most coveted spot...its a common sight.

ETA: I mean the busking is a common sight not the fighting... Roll Eyes

Go Away
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 15, 16:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

off topic, just curious...no buskers in your country?

Over my side, buskers can even fight each other for the most coveted spot...its a common sight.

They'll just have another name.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 15, 17:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In America they are more commonly called street performers. In chicago though we sometimes call them panhandlers and have outlawed them on most main thoroughfares. I kind of miss the music, sometimes. Too many people were complaining about it though.

Eschew Obfuscation.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 15, 18:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In America they are more commonly called street performers. In chicago though we sometimes call them panhandlers and have outlawed them on most main thoroughfares. I kind of miss the music, sometimes. Too many people were complaining about it though.

I thought panhandling was generally begging in America - I guess it varies.  My Jack Thompson sim panhandles all the time - smirk.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 15, 18:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Panhandling does mean begging. They just are trying to fool people into thinking performing on the streets for money equates to begging on the streets for money so they can outlaw it. Otherwise they would be infringing on the people's right to free speech, and America would never do that, right?

Eschew Obfuscation.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 15, 19:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no. We Americans believe in free speech very strongly. We would never do anything to stop someone from expressing an opinion about whatever they wish to express an opinion about.

How wonderful you know our country so well.

Roll Eyes

Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 15, 20:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How wonderful you know our country so well.

Yep.  Grin

First they required a license in order to perform, which I could still see as being ok, I guess, city property and all that. Banning it altogether smacks of being un-constiutional. I'm just waiting for the weather to take a turn for the better, someone will challenge it then.

Eschew Obfuscation.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 16, 15:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like the busking. It adds a nice touch to otherwise dull cities. Some buskers are really talented but others are just begging under the pretext of busking as you guys said.

Go Away
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 16, 17:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the street performers I ever saw in my hometown of Jax, FL were displaced preachers on crates down in Hemming Plaza (downtown). They had some street performers in St. Augustine, but they were usually in costume and licensed by the city.

I think I would like to see more street performers. I agree that it would be a nice touch to any city. Here in Utah I think they lump them all under the "begging" category and the police shoo them away as soon as they get an audience. Mostly they are just traveling through and finding that this is not a good place to stop if you are homeless. I've been here 6 years (leaving soon, TG) and I've only seen one man with a guitar not far from the downtown area. When we stopped to listen to him play my husband got him into a conversation and we learned that he had been playing on a bench in the historic downtown area, but had been told to move along.

I am going to have to make a point of visiting a town in USA that does have street performers around. Does anybody know where that is?

Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 16, 19:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see buskers all the time, frequently at White Sox park and downtown Chicago.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 17, 14:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, we have them here in the D.C. area, mostly working at Metro (commuter rail) stations. They do have to have a permit from Metro to work on their property, but most of the buskers are pretty good.  There's one blues guitarist that usually sets up by the Metro stop near my office who's REALLY good, and I've been known to be a little late getting home every so often because I just like to stop and listen to him. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 April 20, 02:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No buskers here -just people standing on street corners who hold signs asking for money. I've heard some of them make a good living that way.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 April 20, 03:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to hear and see outstanding performers, try the French Quarter in New Orleans. They are talented in everything from music to paintings. Jackson Square is a gold mine of talent any day of the week. Just makes you feel happy walking up and down the streets hearing all that wonderful music.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 April 20, 13:03:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to hear and see outstanding performers, try the French Quarter in New Orleans. They are talented in everything from music to paintings. Jackson Square is a gold mine of talent any day of the week. Just makes you feel happy walking up and down the streets hearing all that wonderful music.

I agree, at least pre-Katrina.  We were supposed to go down there for a couple of days last week, but US Air kept changing our flights on us to the point were we said the heck with it.  We love NO, and hope most of those folks are making their way back to the city.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 April 20, 13:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We've got a guy who looks a bit like the Pescado sim, only with a bowler hat, who plays the saxaphone outside Marks and Spencers. There's also a guy who does rubbish Elvis impressions in the tunnel near a pub. I don't know if the location is connected to the act.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: