More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 12:24:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Good reason for *not* getting FFS (Family Fun Stuff)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Good reason for *not* getting FFS (Family Fun Stuff)  (Read 47015 times)
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
Re: Good reason for *not* getting FFS (Family Fun Stuff)
« Reply #100 on: 2006 April 21, 19:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that is one of the best trolls I have seen in a long time. Make a complaint and fabricate a 3 day medical crisis for sympathy.

The reason they moved the reqs up is to force people to upgrade now, so they won't have to upgrade when the next EP comes out and further bloats the system.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Jewel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 April 23, 07:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so glad I read in here.  I never saw anything worthwhile in this pack so didn't consider getting it.  Thanks all for your posts.
Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 2006 April 23, 18:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sheesh.

Am I the only person on the planet that has not had any problems with FFS?

You can all call me stupid or a Maxis/EA worshipper if you like  (of which I am neither).

I avoided FFS clothes (which are pretty hideous anyway) in CAS, and have had no problems whatsoever.

I am not saying I am totally thrilled with the pack, because I am not, but there are a few Items in it I really like. (The undersea stuff makes nice bathroom decor).

I was just wondering if I was the only one, and thought it would be nice to see a dissenting opinion in this thread.

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 April 23, 19:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have any problems with it -- I'm just not sure it's worth the money for what you get.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 April 25, 02:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it as a gift and haven't bothered to install it yet, so I can only go by what others have said. The majority seems to be having problems, so I have decided to wait for a patch. Now that the patch is out, I will wait to see what effect the patch has. Tongue

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 April 25, 02:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I am going to install it tonight.  I figure I can always uninstall it if I hate it, and I don't care about my game since I had to reinstall the damn thing again this weekend.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 April 25, 03:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't install mods such as Gunmod's Lighting and Radiance or Gunmod's Camera Mod this thing will work swell.  You'll just need to put these config files in the FFP directory if you're going to use them.  I just don't like how they've added it to the game, therefore I don't like it.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 April 30, 22:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've played it for a while and I haven't had any probs.  It certainly not what I was hoping for, but I guess if I didn't have the other expantion packs that I would love it for giving me the attraction system;ect.  I have the camera mod that was included in Matyville(I'm not sure which one it is) and I was freaking out cause it wasn't working--till the next day when I realized that it had been written over--so I put it back and it works fine.  I guess it was too late that night to think clearly.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 April 30, 22:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I am buying anymore packs.
Quote from: BBS
Subject:   Re: Family Fun Pack Problems

Okay, I have the Sims 2 and all the Eps and have never had a problem.  I had never even needed to download a patch before.  So I get Family Fun Stuff.  First question, why did the specs change for a bunch of objects and clothing any way?  The specs did not change for Open for Business and it actually included lots of new game play.  Well my computer's graphic card did not meet the new specs.  I did not even dream that they would change the specs for a bunch of objects so I installed the game.  I got flashing walls and a three day stay in the hospital due to seizure I had because I have epilepsy.  Well, my dad ordered me a new graphic card since he felt bad for me but I don't think I want this game anymore anyway.  I can download much nicer objects that do not mess up my game (read the above and learned of all the new glitches).  My second question is why does Maxis continue to release games with such major bugs?  I realize that it would be hard to catch all the small bugs as ever!
yone's computers are different and with cc and all.  Are they trying to go out of business by releasing games that only a few can play without major problems? I am not usually one to complain but it is getting ridicules!

Am I the only one who is questioning why a person who has epileptic seizures was playing a video game that is prone to flash?
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 May 01, 01:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have the Sims 2 and all the Eps and have never had a problem.  I had never even needed to download a patch before.  So I get Family Fun Stuff.  First question, why did the specs change for a bunch of objects and clothing any way?  The specs did not change for Open for Business and it actually included lots of new game play.  Well my computer's graphic card did not meet the new specs.  I did not even dream that they would change the specs for a bunch of objects so I installed the game.  I got flashing walls and a three day stay in the hospital due to seizure I had because I have epilepsy.  Well, my dad ordered me a new graphic card since he felt bad for me but I don't think I want this game anymore anyway.  I can download much nicer objects that do not mess up my game (read the above and learned of all the new glitches).  My second question is why does Maxis continue to release games with such major bugs?  I realize that it would be hard to catch all the small bugs as ever!
yone's computers are different and with cc and all.  Are they trying to go out of business by releasing games that only a few can play without major problems? I am not usually one to complain but it is getting ridicules!

Am I the only one who is questioning why a person who has epileptic seizures was playing a video game that is prone to flash?

'nuff said

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 2006 May 01, 01:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have never had a problem with the game flashing and I imagine prior to this then this person probably didn't either.  It's quite possible that they hadn't read anything pertaining to the flashing either.

Axe murdered since 2006
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 May 01, 07:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Link
Quote from:  VioletBrokeGoth
Its the seashell shaped headboard...Look through the OFB collection folder to find it. I think Maxis even made an under the sea folder...If you have never used collections before its the folder under Room Sort in buy mode
Is that true? Why would the bed be in the Open For Business collection if it wasn't in the shipped game?

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 May 01, 07:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because it was supposed to be in the game, and part of the set is, but they instead removed it from the OFB files (but left the references in place) to wring more money out of you chumps.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
redmachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 May 01, 08:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When is the game prone to flash? I've never had the game "flash", why would a person who has epileptic seizures be wary of playing? I've not had any problems with the FFP (apart from regretting purchasing it) but why should someone with epilepsy be wary? Huh Huh
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 May 01, 08:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A very small percentage of people with epilepsy or a seizure disorder are prone to photosentive seizures, which can be triggered by strobe lights, flickering in video games or the television, or even sunlight reflecting off of moving water. There are many variables that have to be just right for photically induced seizures to occur and although it's highly unlikely to happen, it isn't entirely out of the question.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: