More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 05:58:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Good reason for *not* getting FFS (Family Fun Stuff)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Good reason for *not* getting FFS (Family Fun Stuff)  (Read 46992 times)
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Good reason for *not* getting FFS (Family Fun Stuff)
« Reply #50 on: 2006 April 15, 03:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just goes to show you!  EA is jelous of Pescado!  Why else would they be dropping clues about him?  "Los Pescados of the Wall?"  And the initials are FFS!  It's a scam!
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 April 15, 04:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got this thing from somewhere and I have this to say.  Don't install this thing if you're planning on using anything that modifies the cameras or don't like the "Family Fun Pack" logo everywhere.  They all get messed up.  After I tried fixing all of these files by deleting parts of the Family Fun Pack directory, I only ended up restoring a few parts of the OFB UI, and the UI text has to either be the family fun pack stuff or nothing.  I ended up just uninstalling the thing after seeing how much they actually added.

Before deleting anything, make sure you back it up.  I am not responsible for any damage that happens when you neuter your game.
----
To get the old music back, delete Splash.package in your TS2 FFS\TSData\Res\Sound Folder.  I personally even replaced that splash music with some of my own.
To "fix" parts of the UI, delete UI.package in your TS2 FFS\TSData\Res\UI Folder.  This will probably screw up some of your collections icons, but I haven't investigated this far before getting rid of the thing.
----

If you can get your money back from a store or EA in return for the product, I suggest you do so.  You can buy $20 games that give you more playability than this "donation" pack.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 April 15, 05:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, people are buying heavy amounts of this pack, either that or one very determined fan.  According to Amazon, it was the most ordered PC game.

The Sims Community brought these packs onto themselves.  People found that it was right to pay for Custom Content, and now you pay for Maxian Custom Content.

I feel sorry to hear that it was the most ordered PC game but is this accurate? I cannot imagine this winning over Oblivion, F.E.A.R, Godfather or stuff like that...
Anyway, I wouldn't want to pay for Maxian content. They suck and are US$1 each (almost) ...it's way too expensive than what I get by shoving my $ to TSR or other of my fav paid sites.

And this is not worth the effort of torrenting. If MATY won't support it, you might just render some of ur most impt hacks unusable and paying US$20 to do that to bring trouble upon yourslf is just totally insane.

Go Away
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 April 15, 05:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading all the complaints on the official site and now here, I am *definitely* not getting Family Fun. It sounds like a complete waste of money to me. D:

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 April 15, 05:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading about all the problems people have had with this and how little it actually adds to the game, I am not even tempted to somehow find it on my hard drive.   Roll Eyes
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 April 15, 07:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These packs only adds objects, clothes and hairstyle.  No new interaction, no new gameplay experience. New gameplay experience are reserved to ep (thank God!).

So, considering this, why would I want to waste 20$ on a bunch of useless thing when there is a whole community out there that will do great stuff for free?  And worst, it is buggy like evevything else Maxis release these days.

No way I will get this for sure.  These should be included in EP instead of packs!
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 April 15, 07:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel sorry to hear that it was the most ordered PC game but is this accurate? I cannot imagine this winning over Oblivion, F.E.A.R, Godfather or stuff like that...
I probably should have clarified that it's the one of the most-ordered games for this week, not of all-time.

There seems to be a lot of excess content in the FFP that wouldn't make sense actually to add.  Why do we need GUI pictures for University, Nightlife, and OFB if they already have folders?  I'm beginning to think having a "The Sims 2 ExpansionShared" folder wouldn't be such a bad idea....  However I guess it's easier to uninstall a new EP/SP this way though.

Actually, if you didn't have the attraction system in place it was added, but there's 2 expansions that have it already.
higginsmemberships
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 April 15, 11:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see what is wrong with buying the pack even though it only has 60+ items, some 'crappy' CAS stuff (although it depends on taste and I think the stuff is great) and a few walls and floors. It is a choice to buy, it is not forced upon you!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 April 15, 11:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, if they are requiring you to register it, and treating it as an EP that you have to have if you want to download a house by someone who had it, then you *are* being forced to buy it.

And what's wrong with buying it is that it only reinforces Maxis' lame attempt at a booster pack, which they clearly did not test even a little bit, and that we are all lame AOLer's who will buy any piece of buggy shit just because it says EA/Maxis on it!
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 April 15, 12:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before we knew what was in this pack, I really wanted it because I was looking forward to new interactions and so on for toddlers and kids, but since it doesn't come with those it's pretty much worthless. I'm not paying $20 for a bunch of shoddy items and ugly wallpapers that I can't delete out of the catalogue! And that's not even getting into the whole bug issue. I kind of hope that it TOTALLY DESTROYS the games of all the BBSers who buy it. That would amuse me.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 April 15, 13:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of hope that it TOTALLY DESTROYS the games of all the BBSers who buy it. That would amuse me.
You're a funny dude, dude..
I fail to see how funny it would it be to see people, like my kids (who have probably spent weeks saving, and getting excited about this), lose everything.  Maybe you were being "sarcastic".... Huh

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 April 15, 13:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see what is wrong with buying the pack even though it only has 60+ items, some 'crappy' CAS stuff (although it depends on taste and I think the stuff is great) and a few walls and floors. It is a choice to buy, it is not forced upon you!

Of course it's your choice to purchase and there certainly is nothing wrong with buying the pack.  People used to buy Yugos, too.

There are also more discriminating players who look for quality, not quantity, and don't want more wacko Maxis crap (or bugs)

That's the beauty of downloading custom content.  Not only can you get it free, you get precisely what you want and if you tire of it, you can remove it from your downloads folder.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 April 15, 13:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I probably should have clarified that it's the one of the most-ordered games for this week, not of all-time.

Even a single week is bad enough...because it means EA will be encouraged by the sales to produce more booster packs.
Great, I anticipate the next EP(if there is going to be one) will probably be a single disc and probably only 50mb.

Go Away
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 April 15, 14:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And managing to be the most glitched one.  Tongue

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 April 15, 15:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adding to the crappiness, it seems that the community lot skilling doesn't work now *sigh*. I'll start the game once more to check it out though.

I hate that there's so little content in this pack and that the fairytale room set should so obviously have been included in OFB which had the fairytale build set but in softer (prettier IMO) colors.

The one thing I DO like about this pack, though are the new kiddie clothes and meshes, especially the monster PJs. Otherwise, it's a big disappointment and certainly not worth the money.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 April 15, 15:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on the public boards is reporting this as a bug:

I have also discovered that since installing Family Fun, recolors of
Original Maxis stuff can no longer be deleted.

I assume they mean from inside the game.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 April 15, 16:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you can try return it for a refund. There is a 90 days money return after all.
Its better to spend the money on food or whatever than this  Undecided

Go Away
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 April 15, 19:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah - mine is going straight back to Amazon unopened

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 April 15, 20:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found one possible hack conflict with the Family Fun pack -- since installing it, the 'noemptypot' hack (the Pesantry version found here) seems to have stopped working.  The 'nomidstreamstop' hack still works fine, though.  I don't think the FF pack added any new potties, so I'm not sure why it would break this one.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 2006 April 15, 20:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even a single week is bad enough...because it means EA will be encouraged by the sales to produce more booster packs.

Agreed.  When I first heard of the booster packs I wasn't at all thrilled.  Now the more the bring them out the less thrilled I am.

Great, I anticipate the next EP(if there is going to be one) will probably be a single disc and probably only 50mb.

It didn't bother me in the least that there was only one disk for OFB--in fact, I was rather glad of it.  I just wish they'd have left out the ridiculous statues and 'mascot' uniforms and hats and given us a few more objects.  Overall, the build mode stuff is way nice, though.  The problem with too much of the content in x-packs is that it's merely a novelty that wears thin after a very short time.

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 April 15, 20:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh.  I never had any desire to get the holiday pack.  I have even less desire to get this.

I'd much rather wait for the next EP to break my game instead of this.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2006 April 15, 21:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will say that in comparison, the Holiday Pack seems like it was a far better value. I did get the Holiday Pack, and was pleased enough with it; it included object-based interactions (does FFP have any new object interactions at all?), two new NPCs, a new party, a new way to die, fireworks which can be used at any time, etc.  But the main reason the Holiday Pack was preferable is that it wasn't presented as a mini-EP; it didn't change the splash screen, music, add yet another folder, or apparently change any hacks or other custom content.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 April 15, 21:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on the public boards is reporting this as a bug:

I have also discovered that since installing Family Fun, recolors of
Original Maxis stuff can no longer be deleted.

I assume they mean from inside the game.

That's also a "feature" of OFB.

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=b1b9f42ed4fd1027f0054f07f1725eac&directoryID=103&startRow=1&openItemID=item.103,root.1,item.43,item.41,item.23

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 April 15, 21:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check the reviews of the product on Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EHIXJY/ref=wl_it_dp/102-3120709-9548942?%5Fencoding=UTF8&colid=3NFZ9BCEMSA52&coliid=I1RE081K9TV27N&v=glance&n=468642

The average ratingi is 2.5 stars.  I gave it one. 

I thought the review from Katherine Pitts was most interesting.  She gave it 5 stars even though she says it wiped out all the stuff from her collection that she had downloaded.  Other than that, she says it's awesome.  Roll Eyes  Also, every sentence ends with a !, which is a pet peeve of mine.  Tongue
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 April 15, 21:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.  I thought you may be exaggerating about that review, Rainbow, but you were really not.  Roll Eyes  Oi.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: