More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:49:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Family load screen is not accurate/up to date
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Family load screen is not accurate/up to date  (Read 6301 times)
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Family load screen is not accurate/up to date
« on: 2006 April 13, 17:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a new and strange glitch (at least for me).

When I load a family, the load screen (that shows them all standing around) isn't up to date.  I have families where the offspring still show as babies but they're now children and the newest offspring aren't even present.

BUT, the screen that shows the different sim thumbnails (with name and aspriation level) shows everyone acurately. 

Also, I had a sim move out of one house and into the bin.  When I went to retrieve him from the bin, his name was correct, but the picture was of a completely different sim.  He moved into his new place without a hitch, but now his load screen STILL shows the wrong sim instead of him and his new roommate (and the wrong sim is still safely in the correct house).

Other than this crazy glitch, my game runs fine.  I'm worried this is a sign of impending doom for my custom neighborhood (by the way, I have no hacks/mods/dowloads/or third party content of any kind--100% vanilla maxis game here).

Any ideas what on earth is going on?

Thanks.

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Family load screen is not accurate/up to date
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 13, 17:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(by the way, I have no hacks/mods/dowloads/or third party content of any kind--100% vanilla maxis game here)

Thats the problem. A clean game doesnt mean a "safe game." You need to "awesomize" your game to avoid conflicts like this. There are so many bugs in the Sims 2 and it doesnt matter if you have patches installed or not. Its probably too late to actually recover from this, but if you were to start over, it would be a safer experience if you used "awesome hacks."
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 13, 17:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to awesomize your game, a good way to start is by downloading the Directors Cut located here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=8.0
Choose the file that is labeled with the game you have. NO one is forcing you. Its just a suggestion.
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 13, 18:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds alot like what was happening to my game when my neighborhood had a bunch of errors due to lotbinning sims.  I would look for the post JM made explaining the overstuffed neighborhood problem. 
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 13, 18:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this error before, and I did have an overstuffed neighborhood. That was also at the time when I didn't have any hacks/fixes from Pescado. Could it be caused by both?
Kochanski
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 13, 19:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got exactly the same thing going on in my game. It's been like this since I installed Nightlife.

The hood wasn't overstuffed when it happened (although it is now), I had the Directors Cut in my downloads folder and I don't lotbin sims (learnt my lesson long ago!)

It doesn't seem to cause me any problems and has just become annoying more than anything else.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 14, 03:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it can also occur by continually reinstalling the game without making sure the registry is cleaned out.

Axe murdered since 2006
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 12, 02:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I had this happen, after asking around desperately, I finally ended up deleting my thumbnails and had the game regenerate them, and it updated finally. I believe it was a thumbnail file under Program Files/EA Games and not the regular thumbnails under My Documents - anyone else know for sure?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 12, 03:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incorrect family thumbnails is generally a harmless problem. It tends to eventually correct itself if you ignore it long enough.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 12, 09:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always had this problem in my own game- don't worry about it. It doesn't affect anything, and after you load it a few times it eventually updates.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: