More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 05:52:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Graves and Cemetery Issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Graves and Cemetery Issues  (Read 8165 times)
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Graves and Cemetery Issues
« on: 2006 April 13, 11:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Boy, such drama around here these days!  I'm very glad we're back to normal now.

I've got a really irritating problem which has never happened to my game before.  I went on a townie killing spree using the teleporter and the flamingo of doom to populate my new community cemetery in my new neighbourhood.  I sent two graves there, but when I went to the lot in build/buy mode, no graves showed up on the pavement.   Weird.  So then I kill another townie and get the relevant Sim to transport the grave to the lot in her inventory.  That all worked fine, I placed the grave OK.  But the two previous graves showed up by the phone in live mode. When I went back in in buy mode to rearrange them, none of the graves showed up. 

What's with this?  I never had any problems with community cemeteries before OFB.  Did this expansion break community graveyards as well as community weddings?  Or does it have something to do with the flamingo of doom, which is a new download?
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
Re: Graves and Cemetery Issues
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 13, 11:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading a while ago that someone else had the same problem, unfortunately I don't know what the outcome was.

Axe murdered since 2006
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 13, 12:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've found a thread on TSR dealing with this issue.  It seems that a lot of people are having this problem.  So the cemetery bugginess has returned with a vengeance with either OFB or the latest patch.

Yet again thanks Maxis.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 13, 12:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mag, it happened to me too - I built at Strange Town a cemetary, and moved there all Olive's tombs. Then I took Olive to the cemetary - no tomb was showed.

I left, then return again, and all the tombes were near the public phone.

They show only on the second visit to the lot.
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 13, 14:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not the problem I'm having (and others too).  I went in and out of the cemetery a gazillion times.  They only show up in live mode, never in build/buy mode, so I can't rearrange them. Every time I take a sim to the lot, the graves have randomly moved and are all higgledy-piggledy.  I'm a neat freak, so this drives me mad!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 13, 14:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird, because in my game they appeared in buy mode, the second enter, and I indeed arrange them in a chosen place.
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 13, 15:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it seems that it's just one of those things that some people have and others don't.  Someone on TSR said she had no problems in her neighbourhood, but her husband's neighbourhood has this issue.  Same game, two different neighbourhoods.  Go figure.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 13, 16:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When this type of bug first appeared with NL, I did some testing and found out it appeared to be lot-specific. In other words, something would happen with the cemetary lot and nothing could be done to fix it - but a new lot would not have the problem with disappearing gravestones. I built a new cemetary right next to Gothier Greens for this purpose.

I don't know if it's the same problem as I haven't played around with tombstones in a long time, but you might try creating a new lot and seeing if the problem recurs.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 13, 17:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  I'll try it and see.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 13, 19:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That must be the reason, Pegasys, because I built a new cemetary in Strange Town. Thanks for clarifying things...Smiley.
Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 30, 10:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this same problem also and really didnt want to rebuild that cemetary. Tried placing it in LotCataloge and placing it back. That worked too  Grin.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 31, 18:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried placing it in LotCataloge and placing it back. That worked too  .

I'll try that! I've been having this problem, too -- and the only solution I could find was to take a Sim there (to the cemetary, in my case: Gothier's), use the buildmode cheat (boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false) in order to be able to grab the tombstones from the sidewalk and put them in the graveyard.  What a nuisance.   Undecided

Max
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 02, 13:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I did that last night -- used the dormbuild cheat to have a visiting sim move the graves.  Interesting thing is that after I finished playing her and went back into the cemetary in build mode, the graves were back at the curb -- but at least they were now there, and I was able to permanently place them.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 02, 17:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this exact issure and here is my work-around.  DO NOT build a cemetery until there is a need to have a cemetery in other words you have a tombstone to move to the cemetery.  My cemeteries are pre-built so while in neighborgood view I place the cemetery then enter the lot where I need to move the grave.  Move the grave, exit while saving the lot then enter the cemetery commnunity lot in build mode and usually the tombstone is there or this has always worked for me.  Just basically don't build that cemetery early, the game places sims on the lot apperently or writes something to it and then you never see tombstones in build mode at the cemetery. 

Hope this helps,

Pcgeekri
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 03, 19:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also having this issue.  I'm glad it's not just me.  So, which solution works the best?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 03, 21:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also having this issue.  I'm glad it's not just me.  So, which solution works the best?

Well, if you're like me and use pre-built cemeteries, then my method works fine, and is easier if you have aliases for the dorm build cheat in userstartup.cheat.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 04, 14:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks J.  Smiley  The cemetery is one I built with a church before NL came out in the hopes that we could have church weddings and funerals.  I tried binning the lot and the repositioning it, but that didn't work.  So, I'll try your cheat next.  Thanks again.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 17, 02:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to amend this: 
and the only solution I could find was to take a Sim there (to the cemetary, in my case: Gothier's), use the buildmode cheat (boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false) in order to be able to grab the tombstones from the sidewalk and put them in the graveyard.

This isn't saving the positions of the graves within the cemetary, as I'd thought:  they just keep getting returned to the curb  Roll Eyes

I wonder if it's true now that you can't move a grave from your regular hood to GGLawns in DT??? I'll try building a cemetery in my regular hood;  check to see if it makes any difference. 

EDIT:  I just tried moving a grave from the Goth lot to the Pleasantview Community Park -- and it worked with no problems whatsoever!  I was able to visit the lot from the Neighbourhood view, without bringing a Sim there, moved it with Moveobjects cheat, saved and returned: it was still there!   So it appears as that the Community Graveyard has to be in the immediate hood, and not one attached to it.  So, I'm off to build a Graveyard for Uni, and a proper one for Pleasantview now Smiley

Max
Max
« Last Edit: 2006 June 17, 05:24:51 by baaaflatfit » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 17, 15:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to amend this: 
and the only solution I could find was to take a Sim there (to the cemetary, in my case: Gothier's), use the buildmode cheat (boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false) in order to be able to grab the tombstones from the sidewalk and put them in the graveyard.

This isn't saving the positions of the graves within the cemetary, as I'd thought:  they just keep getting returned to the curb  Roll Eyes

Yea, I kinda forgot to mention part 2; once you do what I said, you can then go into the lot in build mode and the graves appear properly, but at the curb.  Using the dormbuild cheat makes the gravestones visible in build mode for some reason. You can then move them permanently to their final resting spot (so to speak Smiley ).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 17, 23:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the dormbuild cheat makes the gravestones visible in build mode for some reason. You can then move them permanently to their final resting spot (so to speak  ).

Just what I had said in my first post above, BUT when you next visit the cemetary, you'll find no graves.  At least that was my experience.  Only if you'd brought a Sim to the lot, would they be visible -- and onve again, thrown back to the curb. 

Seems Cemetaries only work now if they're in the same immediate hood, as I said above.  I've had no luck moving one from Pleasantview to Gothier's. :\

And you don't need to use Move Objects cheat, either -- you can just use the hand tool, as it used to be Smiley

Max
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 18, 14:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you don't need to use Move Objects cheat, either -- you can just use the hand tool, as it used to be Smiley

Unless my memory is faulty, aren't the buy and build tools normally locked out when a sim visits a community lot?  That's why I had to use the dormbuild cheat to get them active.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: