More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 00:22:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  ofb's stage
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ofb's stage  (Read 4831 times)
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
ofb's stage
« on: 2006 April 13, 10:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey there Smiley
I love that we can have split level's without wonky walls, and that you can run stais onto them and then off to make them L shaped Smiley What I find frustrating is that we can only have the short drop of the stairs at the bottom, and that you cant wallpaper them to match the room ... hase anyone addressed either of those issues? Id love to make my RL house with the short drop at the top, or to colour my stage to match a room ro thme Smiley

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: ofb's stage
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 13, 11:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i haven't had any problems wallpapering the split level fondation but i know others have
there was mention of the problem at MTS2 so you could try a search there
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 13, 11:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Anelca, ill take a look Smiley

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 13, 12:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works intermittently for me plus it takes time for the wallpaper to show.  I end up resting the mouse on the stage for a good few seconds before the wallpaper shows up.

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 13, 12:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh boy, sounds a pain!

AnthonyK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 13, 12:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same issue with this as posie does... I'd say more often than not, it's jsut being patient enough to wait for it to appear when your trying to place the wallpaper. But, as I just got back into the SC2, I'm not a very good source of info as of yet. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out how OFB works. (The business part of it) hehe.

"I have no color prejudices, nor caste prejudices, nor creed prejudices. All I care to know is that a man is a human being, and that is enough for me; he can't be any worse." -Mark Twain
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 13, 13:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here is the trick to painting the stages.  Hover the mouse (with paint selected) over an area of stagewall that doesn't have a railing above it.  It is the railings on stages prevent you from painting it, but once you get it to show up, painting the rest is easy with the flood fill tool. (shift)
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 13, 21:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh wow, thanks for this info, I thought you couldn't wallpaper them at all!

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 14, 01:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah ha! So that's the trick to painting the platforms. Thank you for that tidbit of info.

Now if I could figure out why, sometimes, when I put a new floor covering on, a part of the platform will disappear. You can't see it unless the camera is at the right angle but when you do, you'll see the ground beneath for some reason. It's hard to explain I suppose but it tends to happen when you use the 45 degree angle platform tool.

Instant gratification takes too long.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 14, 14:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I haven't tried using the 45% cheat with them yet, but I have used a bit of stage in a bathroom behind the taps of the bath, as a kind of built in shelf, the wall above it is black from a glitch. 

Something to watch out for while painting stages with railings, it might crash suddenly so save, save, save.  I never could figure out exactly how the crash happens, only that it's something to do with painting the wall combined with railings and the stage.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 14, 19:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks Cheesy Ive actually been able to paint/wallpaper this .... my vampire sim-me is SOooooo happy to not have all that pail wood Cheesy

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 14, 19:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was quite disappointed that the split-level was not the height of half the walls-if you know what I mean? They were too short for me. The split level stairways I built looked very strange.

Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 14, 20:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would have been great if you were able to put several foundations on top of each other ... I'm not talking about putting an interior foundation ontop of an exterior foundation, but joining several of the new type to gain more height.
Although wallpapering would probably turn out very strange that way.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: