More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:49:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Got a bugfix request
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Got a bugfix request  (Read 3238 times)
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
Got a bugfix request
« on: 2006 April 11, 05:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondered if it's possible for someone to take a look at the bars, which seem to generate non-stop revenue for your business when you have a bartender standing at them.  Periodically, +§16 will ring up over the bar, with no corresponding -§16 anywhere else on the lot.  This is the same amount a Sim gets if they tend a bar at a nonowned community lot, btw.

Additionally, when a really tired Sim is trying to tend the bar this will ring up repeatedly until they're unassigned.

Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
Re: Got a bugfix request
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 11, 20:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should probably add that this isn't hack-related, it happens with custom content switched off.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 11, 23:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's odd. I was just wondering why sims don't use my bars.

I set up a bar, put a bartender on it and nobody even looks at it.

Hmm...

Instant gratification takes too long.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 12, 03:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There tends to be a lot of advertising stompage. This is because Sims only recognize a few concepts, each relating to a motive. They don't do things for the sake of doing them, or because they have any particular value. In fact, they don't even really understand whether or not something is true. This is why they tend to go for the most highly-advertised object on the lot in a giant swarm and ignore everything else.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 12, 16:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I was noticing the other day was on community lots, the dance floor is usually empty. Whether or not there is a restaurant attached. I want to see Sims dancing. Is there a way to up the advertising of the DJ booth? Is this a simple hack in SimPE, just locating some particular number? Or would I have to remove all higher advertising objects off the lot (e.g. hot tub, etc.)?

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 12, 16:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As interesting a concept as this sound, I am mildly concerned that doing this would absolutely savage your profit margins of any restaurant-equipped clubs, given the labor requirements (and extreme finickiness) of restaurants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: