More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 14:53:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Split-Level Interior Foundations
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Split-Level Interior Foundations  (Read 7617 times)
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Split-Level Interior Foundations
« on: 2006 March 25, 20:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plain and simple, they don't work. If there's another topic about this already here, just point me to it so I can bitch there.

I'm able to put Interior Foundations inside a room, but connecting stairs won't connect to them (indoors or out, I tried both) so there's no access. Fences and rails can't be built atop them. Furniture will go on them, but only with moveobjects on cheat, but it floats up near the ceiling and pokes up through the second floor. The "DownShift" hack at MTS2 doesn't help ~ tried that.

Yes, I've run the patch. I thought it might fix this, but nope. And I couldn't find a damn thing about it on the BBS (surprise!).
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: Split-Level Interior Foundations
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 25, 21:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is very odd because one of my restaurants has a 'split-level' area in it complete with stairs, railing and DJ booth (it's the dance floor).  I haven't tried putting them anywhere else, though.

I've yet to install the patch.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 25, 21:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are having problems, save and exit the lot, then re-enter. It usually works ok then.

TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 25, 21:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The split-level foundations work fine for me. Connecting stairs work, furniture works...Maybe you have a conflict somewhere?
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 25, 21:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the replies. It's good to hear that they're not globally broken! I'll try going back into the lot and see if that helps.

I've had so few problems in my game until now...I have a very low threshhold for frustration with this.  Wink
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 25, 23:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i had this problem
it was caused by a foundation script change i had made a long time ago that i had forgotten about, and couldn't even spot when i did go to look
i just uninstalled all the games and reinstalled so that the script files got overwritten by the originals (as of course i had deleted the backups  Roll Eyes )
dropped my backed up EA games folder into the new install and the stairs connected to the split levels, no problems.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 25, 23:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Numenor's custom walls hack may also interfere with split level flooring.

They work 100% here.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 01, 22:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, hmm... I can't recall ever making a change to the foundation file. Would that have been the file that had to be changed to use the first recolorable connecting stairs? Because I remember doing that. I just don't remember which file(s) I changed. I looked around MTS2 to see if I could find out, but it appears those older stairs have been removed, since new ones have been made that don't require any core-file changes.

If anyone does remember which files had to be changed for those older stairs, let me know, and I'll undo the changes. It makes sense that that would be the problem. I never used Numenor's walls that required file-changes, just his walls that work without file changes.

Thanks so much for your help, everyone.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 01, 23:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

its the original foundation scripts which have the pool scripts in
Numenors windows and walls also had foreverjadons pool mod in at one point, and it is this which it seems interferes with the abilty to make the connectable stairs work in OfB on the split levels
it's not the recolourable stairs, though as you say thats the most obvious. it was the first thing i looked for when i had the problem and there was no script change there, though i do remember doing one originally. my point being, i had no script change and still i had the problem
then someone else who had the same problem discovered the pool script change, by which time i had already done the uninstall/reinstall thing
« Last Edit: 2006 April 01, 23:50:58 by anelca » Logged
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 11, 07:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

its the original foundation scripts which have the pool scripts in...
YES! (Sorry it's taken me so long to reply ~ had to find out how to edit my hosts file to get in here.) I put a pool on a lot the other night, and noticed that the greenish pool thumbnails now show the interior foundations instead. My big "clue-by-four."  Grin Now to track down the file and change it back to the original...and keep my fingers crossed that I indeed did make a backup before making the change! (If not, I deserve the headache it's gonna give me.)

Thanks for the confirmation.
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 11, 10:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and all - pools, stages, decks and foundations - share their IDs. So if you add something, follow Numenor's suggestion and leave space.

Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 13, 01:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did have backup copies of the files. All fixed, everything's working.  Grin

I'm relieved that all the stairs and railings I've downloaded that players have made also work fine on the foundations ~ without them, there wouldn't be much point in having the foundations working!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: