More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 12:36:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Custom objects on shevles in OFB- - Lots won't load now
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom objects on shevles in OFB- - Lots won't load now  (Read 7106 times)
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Custom objects on shevles in OFB- - Lots won't load now
« on: 2006 April 06, 17:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would really appreciate some help figuring this one out.  I got numenor's hack to allow me to place custom objects on sale shelves, and that seems to work fine, however now any lot that I have put custom objects on, doesn't seem to matter which ones, the lot won't load when you try to go back in.  It just hangs.  I have a few hacks, will re-edit this post after I make a list.  I checked the thread for numenor's hack and no one else seems to have reported this, so I don't think its that hack alone.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Custom objects on shevles in OFB- - Lots won't load now
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 06, 17:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These things happen when you mess with non-awesome things. This is not a product we support, so there's nothing we can do about it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 06, 17:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, just wondering if any of you guys have had the same thing happen. 
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 06, 22:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No sorry, I pretty much only use awesome hacks.  Its not the renyu senso orb thing is it?

Axe murdered since 2006
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 06, 23:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't think so.  It's weird, its some combination of Numenor's hack and something else I have.  WIthout any other hacks but Numenor's, the content doesn't screw up the community lots.  I'm trying to figure out what's doing it by moving my hacks back one by one, but I'm getting sick of it and thinking of just using the batch fix on sim pe and dumping it all together.  Wish I could figure out exactly what hack is messing up with Numenor's so I could report it in case someone else gets it.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 07, 00:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was numenors hack the last one you put in?

Axe murdered since 2006
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 07, 03:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have numenor's shelves and a ton of other hacks and thus far no problems (well the occasional misplaced restock sign, but I understand that happens even in clean games). We could compare lists if you thought that would help?

Unsouper
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 07, 13:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried loading the lot with testingcheatsenabled turned on?  That way at least you'd get an error log, and possibly you'd be able to load the lot anyway to find the offending object.

Karen
SockMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 19, 11:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be overstating the obvious, but I thought I would mention it anyway.  Did you empty all the shelves before you installed Numenor's hack?  He said it is a global hack and concerns all custom content picked from the catalog.  Can you think of something in your cc that was placed and may be a common item to all your businesses?

He knows his stuff, too, so I am surprised to hear about this.  However, but he is only human.

SM
vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 24, 14:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar problem with lots not loading due to some custom content on the lot.  I had some stuff from Sims Connection and didn't read about the problems with OFB until I checked the site for updates.  By chance are you using any of the pre-OFB stuff from that site in the lot?  I think it was mostly due to alot of the objects were cloned from the grocery bin and since it was a new object the sims weren't able to buy grocerys from it even though they wanted too?  I don't know.

The End.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 25, 12:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enable the testing cheats from the neighbourhood screen and then load the lot. It should throw up an error or two: first try reset, and if that doesn't do anything, delete.
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 26, 02:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey sorry about starting this post and not coming back to answer any of the suggestions.  Actually what I did was take out the numenor hack, and batch fix with SIM PE to make custom objects fit shelves instead per his instructions on the same post.  That works much better for me. So problem solved.  Smiley

Oh and yes the custom content I was using was pre-OFB things for stores from Sims Connection, and also from retail sims.  The lot that started the problem for me had the wizard santcum set from Retail Sims on it. 
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 26, 03:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try this tool to see if you have some hack conflicts:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=3994.0
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: