More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:11:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A RUMOUR about the next expansion pack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A RUMOUR about the next expansion pack  (Read 39908 times)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Re: A RUMOUR about the next expansion pack
« Reply #75 on: 2006 April 17, 11:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just curious if there was a big hype about pets when Unleashed was released for TS1?  (I dunno, I didn't post on sims sites in those days)

Was it as anticipated then to some people as it is now?

Or is it more of a thing of people wanting to take a trip down memory lane and they think it will be much cooler this time around?

*realizes she should probably go ask that on TSR and the offical site*
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 April 17, 11:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just curious if there was a big hype about pets when Unleashed was released for TS1?  (I dunno, I didn't post on sims sites in those days)

Or is it more of a thing of people wanting to take a trip down memory lane and they think it will be much cooler this time around?

You know I can't remember - I was rather ill at the time.  *I* remember it as a lovely surprise but then I really like animals.  It was a very successful EP though because it brought a lot with it as well as the animals.  The expanded neighbourhood, the stuff you were able to make.  It was one of my favourite EPs for Sims 1 - actually, I think I'd say favourite.

Inteen for AL, yay!
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 April 17, 12:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth I seem to remember it being one of the EPs with the most threads on the TS1 BBS - but then, it was particularly bug-filled too... It was by far the most glitchy for me personally.
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 April 17, 12:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm all for a sims pet expansion.. especially if it were a sims zoo/safari/big game hunting pack  Wink  Think of it:

Own your own tiger.. better than a guard dog.. unless you forget to feed him!

Train a monkey to pay the bills at the box!

Rabbits getting in your garden? Shoot'em and stew'em!

Tired of a sim? Send them to a community zoo.. oops all the cages are open.. run simmy run!

A new business just opened down the street.. Sim Morty's Taxidermy To Go. Want a rhino head, deer head or a sim's head on your wall? Just stop by and pay a bounty!

The ideas are endless.

Grin
~misty

You must have read my mind - I thought that a safari type EP would satisfy both those clamouring for vacation (mind-numbingly boring in sims1) and pets.
In the absence of a guard dog (or tiger lol) I keep a cow plant near the entrance to ward off unwanted visitors so I hope that isn't maxis' idea of a pet

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 April 17, 22:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever it is, I hope they don't add a new city for it.  All they do is spawn npcs and I haven't even installed the bluewater town yet.  I can put everything I need in the default town, thank you very much.

Agreed - however, if you want to add a shopping district, the game doesn't seem to generate any new character files (except the reporter) as long as you add a district that is empty - i.e. NOT Bluewater.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 April 18, 00:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? I thought it generated new people to hire...

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 April 18, 01:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? I thought it generated new people to hire...

Well, I only ran the test - in a test neighbourhood - for a short time (3 days I think it was) but in that time the only new file was a reporter (dressed as Santa!).  So I'll stand to be corrected but that's what I found.  The people to hire were all existing sims in the neighbourhood.

Inteen for AL, yay!
trancejeremy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 April 18, 06:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's been my experience - it only generates 3 new reporters, nothing else.

When I installed OFB, I stupidly added the sample neighborhood, which adds about 100 sims (a number of them just for the family trees of the playable ones added). Thankfully I made a backup, and just made an empty shopping district (though in retrospect, that was pretty pointless, as they are the same as a downtown)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 April 18, 09:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know I can't remember - I was rather ill at the time.  *I* remember it as a lovely surprise but then I really like animals.  It was a very successful EP though because it brought a lot with it as well as the animals.  The expanded neighbourhood, the stuff you were able to make.  It was one of my favourite EPs for Sims 1 - actually, I think I'd say favourite.

I had just gotten into The Sims when Unleashed was released.  My fiance had the base game laying around and he installed it for me and I fell in love with it.  One day he surprised me by bringing home Unleashed.  I didn't even know about the EPs before that or anything hehe  Unleashed was fun at the time, but not so much for the pets.  Of course I enjoyed them for a little while.  That was long before I knew about the buggy-ness of computer games and all that.  Ah, such an innocent time...wish I could go back to it lol
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 April 18, 13:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth I seem to remember it being one of the EPs with the most threads on the TS1 BBS - but then, it was particularly bug-filled too... It was by far the most glitchy for me personally.

That's pretty weird - I had most of the TS1 expansions and I didn't see a single bug until Makin' Magic. Even then, I only saw two bugs (Bonehilda wouldn't go back into her coffin and just stood in the bathroom for hours on end shaking her head and sighing so that all my sims stood behind her peeing themselves because they couldn't get to the toilet, and the screwed-up graphics bug that randomly happened when you visited/returned from Magic Town). Now with TS2, I consider it a victory if I can go for an hours play with no bugs.

It's always kinda fun to see how other people's milages vary, I suppose. Wink
Lady_Z
Asinine Airhead

I Byte

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 April 18, 21:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had all the TechTV Sims in my Sims 1 game..Leo LaPorte and company....and I sent them on 'Vacation' then totally forgot that I had and never saw them again.  After you did the few things you could on the vacation lots what was there to do? 

As for pets.....they were cute for 5 minutes, but they went EVERYWHERE with you...and were so exhausted they collapsed when your Sim got them home.   

I always wonder about the lack of creativity in many Sims 1 players..they want the same stuff back in Sims 2.  Maxis surely can be challenged more than that.. more than to just re-create all the same things we all played for those years.  If everyone bleats (sheep joke) for the same old stuff, how are we going to get new stuff?

When I am tired of NL and OFB I want NEW STUFF.

I play games, therefore I am
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 April 18, 21:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always wonder about the lack of creativity in many Sims 1 players..they want the same stuff back in Sims 2.  Maxis surely can be challenged more than that.. more than to just re-create all the same things we all played for those years.  If everyone bleats (sheep joke) for the same old stuff, how are we going to get new stuff?

Yes, I agree with you there.  Trips down memory lane are ok for a while, but exploring new stuff is more interesting.  When (if?) they do bring back pets, the basic concept really needs to be considerably expanded.  I quite like the idea of running a farm but then I like to see my sims slave for their money.

Inteen for AL, yay!
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 April 18, 23:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When (if?) they do bring back pets, the basic concept really needs to be considerably expanded.

I'm just afraid they will do to pets what they did to Servo in terms of raising the annoyance level. 

I can just imagine Sims homes filled with dead mice - but maybe the CleanBots will be reprogrammed to pick them up as well as old newspapers.  And the SentryBots will fry the strays Grin
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 April 19, 00:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets? Gimme a break. Sounds more like an add-on to me and I can see the irritating wants now:

Sleep with rover on the bed.
Pet Rover.
Play fetch with Rover.
Teach rover to play dead.
Sick Rover on zombies.

You don't really want that, do you? OK, well maybe the "sick rover on zombies" want at least.

You forgot, "sick rover on annoying gypsy woman" and "sick rover on neighbor cat that keeps wandering into the yard"  Wink

You can always hope that it'll be possible for the pets to get run over with the cars. That would certainly stop the strays.  Grin

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 April 19, 01:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to recall just as many people begging for a pets expansion back then as they are now. It was the only thing the sheeple talked about.

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 April 19, 05:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with you. I want new stuff such as new careers and new interactions (more interactions/activities for elderly would be good) too. I think The Sims 1 players just want their comfort zone back with all the familiar things they used to love - in 3D format. As a whole, people( read: sheep)  just don't think about the possiblities of what they can do with their sims beyond what they are presently familiar with.

I almost wish EA won't give us pets because I am so sick of all the whinning for them. What they need to give us are more interactions and also further the gameplay possiblities for our supernatural creatures (such as zombies and vampires).

BUT what are the new stuff we have been getting lately? Party packs! *rolls eyes* and most of those stuff are EXACTLY the same crap what Maxis have been giving us all along- non matching furniture etc and ugly wallpaper. Who ever have pink castle wallpaper and pink color carpets for their kids? This is utter crap.

And speaking of gamebugs, its very interesting how people seems to have different bugs surfacing in their game at different times during gameplay. Other than saying its "interesting", I don't want to go on about it because its no point bursting a blood vessel over Maxis's incompetency.

Go Away
SockMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 April 19, 15:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are we making bets?...Pets - It's probably going to be Pets.

My mind gets a vapor lock just thinking about how utterly bloated the files would be - if they do it right.  They nearly have to do it all or nothing to satisfy the hungering public.  Surely the pets wouldn't be treated like babies where the Humane Society equivalent of the SW intervenes and rescues the poor Sim beasts from neglect - Would they? 

I think in order to allow and teach responsible Sim pet ownership, Maxis should include the less pleasant side of life and introduce euthanasia, too.  Before everyone pulls out their flame throwers - Don't get me wrong - I love my many real pets.  I honestly think, however, that pets are too emotional an issue for this particular line of games.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 April 19, 20:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mind gets a vapor lock just thinking about how utterly bloated the files would be - if they do it right. 

LOL. LIke they've done any of them 'right' yet. They don't know that word 'right'.... or 'correct' or 'test'! LOL!

PS. I'm also convinced they all have different versions of the game on their indivdual PCs and that is why the requirementsand bugs etc keep getting changed back and forth. So: they don't know the words 'uniformity' 'update' either.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 19, 20:22:29 by MutantBunny » Logged
SockMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 April 20, 00:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mind gets a vapor lock just thinking about how utterly bloated the files would be - if they do it right. 

LOL. LIke they've done any of them 'right' yet. They don't know that word 'right'.... or 'correct' or 'test'! LOL!

PS. I'm also convinced they all have different versions of the game on their indivdual PCs and that is why the requirementsand bugs etc keep getting changed back and forth. So: they don't know the words 'uniformity' 'update' either.

Your are absolutely right - What they really need is a good Continuity Director or maybe some NightLife of their own.

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 April 20, 02:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PS. I'm also convinced they all have different versions of the game on their indivdual PCs and that is why the requirements and bugs etc keep getting changed back and forth. So: they don't know the words 'uniformity' 'update' either.

Don't forget 'bugs'!  It's not in their inventory, but 'feature' means the same thing to them.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 April 22, 21:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to see something that had historical period stuff.  I suppose that could be taken care of by custom content, though.  I miss my Roman Sims!  Cry

Oh man, the first thing I did in TS1 when we had the ability to have multiple neighborhoods was make a Roman-themed 'hood. Those were the days. It's fiendishly difficult to find quality Roman stuff for TS2. One of these days I'm going to learn how to make skins and wallpapers and then force my brother to make objects so that I can have a Roman-themed neighborhood again.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2006 May 01, 02:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was crazy about Unleashed because of the expanded Neighbourhood. Going from a maximum of 10 lots up to the 50 or so in Unleashed - wow Smiley. In comparison to our amazing, huge Neighbourhoods where lots can be placed almost anywhere, the original Sims 1 Neighbourhood is ridiculously limited.

I was fairly "meh" about the pets, especially when I found out the only control you had over them was "Go here". I didn't see the point of Old Town simply duplicating a bunch of features of Hot Date, and the "New Orleans" theme didn't appeal to me at all. But the expanded Neighbourhood, new building options and spiral stairs - oh man!

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 July 10, 01:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancy is bad, m'kay?  Especially about non-existent products.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: