More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 16:03:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A RUMOUR about the next expansion pack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A RUMOUR about the next expansion pack  (Read 39882 times)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Re: A RUMOUR about the next expansion pack
« Reply #25 on: 2006 April 06, 07:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh gawd...
I hadn't even thought about the wants revolving around a pet EP.

*goes get spoon to gag myself on now*

They miswell go ahead and include some more want slots...they're clogged up with obsessions now...
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 April 06, 08:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the idea of sending my Sims on vacation but really only if there's some strategy/challenge involved. If it's just like going to another community lot with a few extra animations and objects thrown in, it doesn't interest me as much. But I can't see how going on vacation would involve a strategy or challenge so I'm not sure how exciting it'd be. Perhaps the challenge would be saving up enough to go on vacation? I never played Sims 1 vacation so I have nothing to compare it to - what was it like?

I can just imagine the want slots now - Go On Vacation - 4000 pts  - Go Fishing 1000 pts - Go Boating - 750 pts...

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 April 06, 09:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never bought Vacation either, it just seemed like a boring ass concept.

Pets could be great if done right, vacation - meh.

Although Vacation would be less of a pain if done wrong then pets would be. Pets could be throughally miserable if done wrong.

Pets were cute in sims 1 but boring, I'd like to see them fleshed out a bit more in sims 2 with the same kind of enhancements as the sims have gotten (well maybe not aspirations, as it doesn't really make sense), especailly genetics, I'm a genetics nut and I'd love to see the genetics play a larger role in the game. Would be nice to have pet shows and have to work to breed a pet with the looks/personality to be a champion. *drools*
simposiast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 April 06, 10:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My hope is that it won't be pets, it'll be farms.  I'd love the option to raise animals or grow crops for cash, or to eat, and if they can throw in horse-riding, weather and seasons too that would pretty much be a dream expansion for me.

Whatever the expansion pack is, it'll have a game element, so it won't be pets just so people can have pets. There will be something that makes pet ownership a challenge.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 April 06, 10:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If pets is just going to be a feature of the ep, though, I wonder what the ep theme will be.

So far you ahve been able to screw all the new things in the game. Aliens, corpses, different types of corpses that don't like the sun, robots...

It also has to make all the sheep happy.

It will be a combo vacation/pet expansion!!!

Here is a clip from the advert soon to be released.

TS2 TRIP TO WALES!!!
Features include

-MORE OF THE LETTER L!!!
- Visit lovely Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch or the traditional English town of Hammersmith.
- Go down to the local "pub" and meet the locals! Maybe make a few new "mates", but don't upset the local "Bobbie"!!!
- New outfits for teens and YAs!!!
        -Featuring Chav-wear!!!
- Sheep themed furniture, clothes, and wallpaper!!!
- Start your own farm!!!
- Own, raise, and care for pets and farm animals!
      -AND FUCK THEM!!!     
         - Including SHEEP!!!
                - YES SHEEP!!! The animal with the most anatomicly similar vagina to human females!!!
                        -The pride of Wales!!! Fucking sheep for hundreds of years longer than New Zealanders!!!

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 April 06, 10:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is a thread at the BBS about the mechanical bull, stripper cage, stripper cake

lordy I miss those  Grin

I do find myself missing things from House Party moreso these days than any other expansion pack from the Sims 1 (although the spa items from Superstar would be nice for spa businesses in OFB).  The dance cage, the mechanical bull, the parties that weren't timed and scored, the cake, and one thing that annoys me with their absence in the Sims 2: different dance styles for different types of music.  Christ, they dance the same way for techno that they do for jazz, and classical, and hip hop, and metal, it's just silly.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 April 06, 10:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice, Sanmonroe. I'd buy it.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Zandi
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 April 06, 11:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've probally said this a billion times but here I go once again.

Part of me wishes Maxis would give these people their freaking fur balls all ready and be  done with it.
We know that no matter what Maxis dose with them half of the people who have been so hot to get them will have screaming fits that it's not good enough and there will be the months of crying why oh why aren't the pets and assioated things better. So why not get that out of the way now and move on to better things.

I'd personally rather see them in a booster pack so they don't get jammed in to an EP with things I want so I can avoid getting stuck with them ( I got Uni for alot of the objects and HATE the EP in general) but somehow I see Maxis pulling one of their typical moves and putting pets in a pack with other things people have wanted from the start like spiral stair cases high dives pool slides and so many other non pet related things just as was done with UL.

I'll be glad when the Pets pack comes out so people can quit this Pets are next crap for once and for all!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 April 06, 12:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vacations would be kind of a terrible idea. I mean, what would you DO on a vacation that you can't do already? Now vacations AND animals together in one expansion pack, that would be interesting. Because life's a bitch, and then you're raped by WILD BOARS!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 April 06, 12:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just the Welsh or New Zealanders who're fond of sheeps, but East Side Scots... (Don't think I'll be visiting Edinburgh anytime soon  Grin).

I hated Vacation. It was dull. I liked Making Magic and that would be cool as the next EP. Why would we need to have pets except as an option? Surely Maxis could amalgamate... oh, silly me but we're talking money. Course they won't. 

Meh...
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 April 06, 16:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never bothered with Vacation, my friend bought it and I watched her do everything that one could do on a Vacation and I promptly decided to save my money.

Never bothered with Makin Magic either. My computer didn't have enough strength to really play the sims after I got Unleashed, so I never bought an expansion pack after that. Well, I bought SuperStar, but that was when I did a memory wipe and I had lost the Unleashed 1st cd so I didn't have to reinstall that one. My poor lil sis pouted for weeks because she didn't have her puppy anymore.

I too, miss the rodeo bull and the cage dances. The strippers were funny too. I know I was PISSED that they took out all the romantic booth interactions that were in Hot Date. Those were my favorite sets of interactions. >=\

Oh, and they need to figure out how to make sims drunk. Maybe then they would finally lay off the champagne at wedding parties.

And honestly, if they DO make pets, they HAVE to add the breeding option in, I mean... the sims can die, so the pets should be able to die too. And if they can die, then they can breed too. That was my biggest complaint was the fact that they stayed puppies FOREVER. Hopefully, they will do the pet show thing too, and make it a lil like Nintendogs. I would consider that "pets done right."

Uhm... anyways, what would you all consider "Pets done right"?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 April 06, 16:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not done at all.

Does that even count?

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 April 06, 16:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if they HAD to make them, and they stuffed them in an expansion pack that had a lot of items, features, careers, and LTWs you REALLY wanted? How would they be tolerable?

Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 April 06, 16:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe if the EP was bug-free and they bribed me with at least double the production cost.

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 April 06, 16:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And honestly, if they DO make pets, they HAVE to add the breeding option in, I mean... the sims can die, so the pets should be able to die too. And if they can die, then they can breed too. That was my biggest complaint was the fact that they stayed puppies FOREVER. Hopefully, they will do the pet show thing too, and make it a lil like Nintendogs. I would consider that "pets done right."

Uhm... anyways, what would you all consider "Pets done right"?

Put that phrase in google with safesearch turned off and I  am sure you will see what maxis is planning.

Mark my words, there will be something new for your sims to rub their virtual genitals on in the expansion, and it will likely be something that bizarre fetish internet sites exist for! They have a track record.

Someone mentioned were-wolves with a pets expansion? That sounds like a very likely way maxis will sneak beastiality into the game.

I am contacting my congressman and Jack Thompson!!!

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 April 06, 16:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, no one said anything about necrophilia, with the zombies and the vampires, so I don't think anyone will get up in arms about werewolves.

Although, if they DO put it werewolves.... then I will finally be able to have my Anita Blake sim with her harem done right....

Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 April 06, 17:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, no one said anything about necrophilia, with the zombies and the vampires, so I don't think anyone will get up in arms about werewolves.

Although, if they DO put it werewolves.... then I will finally be able to have my Anita Blake sim with her harem done right....

I've already been looking for the appropriate eyes for Nathaniel and hair for Michah so it better not just be wereWOLVES.   Wink

Erm. Does that make me nerdy?

Anyways, I'm easy to please. I liked all the original packs and I've liked the TS2 packs so far. I think that pets could be an interesting addition to game play. However, I hope they leave strays out of it. Annoying. The only hack I ever downloaded for TS1 was an anti-stray type thing and it went on every lot.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 April 06, 17:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I may point you towards my versions of Micah, Nathaneil, and Damian?

They're not furry, but I like the way they turned out.

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=123274

draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 April 06, 17:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if they HAD to make them, and they stuffed them in an expansion pack that had a lot of items, features, careers, and LTWs you REALLY wanted? How would they be tolerable?

Well, for me pets would be highly tolerable if they should grow, breed and die like any other sim.
I believe that (saw this in another thread) there's the need of an EP for family sims (I've got plenty of them in my game). Farming, pets, vacations may all be part of a happy family life. Well, I am a bit of a family sim myself although I have no farm and can't afford to go on vacation. But I do have a dog!
Simmers here don't seem to be the family type.
Zandi
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 April 06, 17:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tolerate Uni with the help of a few hacks and a few shots of trquila before I play cause I truly hate alot of the crap the EP added to the game but it's the only way I could get a bunch of things I wanted in my game like the gym stuff full lenth wall mirrors, instriments ect....  But I still resent the fact that I have this load of crap on my drive to gain so little.
This si exactly why I beleave they'll pull the same stunt.
Think about how many people got NL for thr "driveable" cars ....
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 April 06, 17:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My simmies are usually family and fortune sims. When I'm feeling playful, I'll play a romance sim, but then because of syberspunks risky whoohoo mod, I always renusensor orb them into a family sim when they get knocked up.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 April 06, 17:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read this post on pets (on the BBS no less) and I did a search for it because damned if I could remember who wrote it.  I finally found it:

Okay, to begin with, I LOVED Unleashed. First there were Sim-people, and then there were Sim-pets.

But the Sims have evolved for The Sims2. I think that it's only fair for their pets to do likewise. A Sim is now smarter, more aware of their surroundings, more aware of their past, and all together more human than they ever were before. It's time for the cats to be more like cats and less like piece of the furniture.

Here's a list of the things that I would REALLY like to see in an expansion pack with pets:

#1-Pets have memories-just like sims.
#2-Pets have 5 age-stages. Newborn, Puppy/Kitten, Adolescent, Adult, and Elder. Each stage should last approximately 1/2 to 1/3 as long as a Sim's similar stage to give them shorter lifespans than Sims like in real life.
#3-Pets have their own genetics and traits that can be passed down--just like Sims.
#4-Just like you have CAS, you should have CAP (Create-A-Pet). Unlike in Unleashed, where you had no control over their personality, now you should be able to choose the pet to best fit (or clash) with your family.
#5-More control! Your pets should be as "playable" as the Sims (Not only would it be more fun, this could be a HUGE plus for those who like to make movies. A Sims parody of Lassie, perhaps?)
#6-Aspirations. Hear me out on this one, okay? It could work. For example, three aspirations could be:
Guard Pet = Pet wants to protect the house from all intruders (Like Burglers, Neighbors, and Mailmen)
Family Pet = Pet wants to "mother" and protect youngsters--if not their own pups, then their Sims "pups" (Children)
Lap Pet = Pet craves social interaction and friendships
And, with Aspirations, come wants and fears. Like "Wants to bite the mailman" or "Fears Timmy will die". And think of all the wild things that could happen with pets if they hit Aspiration failure? I mean, most cats act pretty crazy as is (I know. I have five of them). How would it be if they had a bit of a breakdown?
#7-No more strays just walking into the house. I might pet that kitty on the corner, but that doesn't give it permission to come parading into my livingroom. Perhaps there should be an "invite in" option to give a stray the run of the house for a visit, but other than that, they should stay where they belong--Outside.
#8-More interesting species! This is the Sims2, after all! The Iguana Tank was a step in the right direction--the more "exotic" species just need to be more interesting.

In short, Pets are Sims too. The Sims have become so much deeper and more colorful in the Sims2 that it would be a crime if Pets didn't evolve as well. I'd love to hear other people's comments on my ideas (Any flames will be used to toast marshmallows.)

P.S. I want the raccoon back, too.

Now, while I agree with this, I do believe the pet should not be added to the family count of 8.  Unless they have a separate count for the pets alone.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 April 06, 17:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. I don't want the damn family dog's litter of pups ruining my sim's chances of getting knocked up. I don't think they should be controllable either, that makes it a lil unrealistic.

Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 April 06, 18:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is a thread at the BBS about the mechanical bull, stripper cage, stripper cake

lordy I miss those  Grin

I do find myself missing things from House Party moreso these days than any other expansion pack from the Sims 1 (although the spa items from Superstar would be nice for spa businesses in OFB).  The dance cage, the mechanical bull, the parties that weren't timed and scored, the cake, and one thing that annoys me with their absence in the Sims 2: different dance styles for different types of music.  Christ, they dance the same way for techno that they do for jazz, and classical, and hip hop, and metal, it's just silly.

Oh God do I miss those! My Sims USE to have wild parties that lasted all night! The parties in Sims 2 quite frankly suck (Only 2 guests?! COME ON! What happened to putting balloons outside and seeing who showed? It was a great way to meet Sims!)

~~ Larxene
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 April 06, 18:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh God do I miss those! My Sims USE to have wild parties that lasted all night! The parties in Sims 2 quite frankly suck (Only 2 guests?! COME ON! What happened to putting balloons outside and seeing who showed? It was a great way to meet Sims!)
You only get two guests cuz your computer sucks. As for the balloons....it's easy enough to re-create the random-guest-train from balloons...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: