More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 15:58:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A RUMOUR about the next expansion pack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A RUMOUR about the next expansion pack  (Read 39845 times)
pearlbh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
A RUMOUR about the next expansion pack
« on: 2006 April 06, 00:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IT'S ONLY A RUMOUR.  It's here:

http://p218.ezboard.com/fstarlightsimsfrm51.showMessage?topicID=10457.topic

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: A RUMOUR about the next expansion pack
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 06, 00:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cannot read without being a member, cut and paste important bits, pretty please?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 06, 00:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I get is a "You Must Be A Member" notice.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 06, 00:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seriously hope this hasn't been posted before but...

I heard from out EA Rep in-store today that the next Sims 2 Expansion is going to be...

PETS. 

Obviously I have no details whatsoever, but that's what I was told today by our lovely, lovely EA guy 

Just want to clarify- this is what I was told by our Rep from EA. As far as I'm concerned this is NOT AN OFFICIAL announcement, so please take it with consideration UNTIL EA OFFICIALLY CONFIRM IT. I don't want to be responsible for a 'hoax'. Our guy has always been reliable on info, so I have no reason to doubt him

**Edited to shorten the obnoxiously long post this person made.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 06, 00:46:48 by BlueSoup » Logged
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 06, 00:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they were extremely annoying in Unleashed and really didn't do all that much that was of interest but I'd like to see pets make a return (even though we all know they will).  With the new 3d engine and expanded gameplay, they could do a lot more with them.  They probably won't but they could.  As long as pets isn't the main focus and there are no uninvited strays this time, I'll buy it.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 06, 01:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope this remains as a rumour!

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 06, 01:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh.  If I can't turn them into zombies or vampires then I'm gonna get bored with them pretty quickly.  And who wouldn't love a couple of Zombie Vampire Hellhounds to gaurd their house along with the sentry bots?

As for this rumor I think I'll take Pescado's stance on things like this.  This is vaporware.  IT DOES NOT EXIST.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 06, 01:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This time, they better do pets right and not screw us over by not giving us new objects by giving us 1 CD.  I sure hope that this isn't the next expansion but all the signs point to it.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 06, 01:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JUst watch, instead of a CD next time, I swear it'll be a floppy disk.
Ashleigh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 06, 02:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never had Unleashed, and I'm not a pet lover, but it might be interesting. I want some farm animals. I want farm animals I can BREED.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 06, 02:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you knew they were going to do it sooner or later didn't you? If even it isn't the next expansion pack it WILL be one of them. Everyone at the BBS whines about it all the damned time so they'll have to shut them up sooner or later.

I also think that maybe they think TS2 is starting to run out of gas if they are going to play the pet card now since in every poll it seems to be the most requested expansion and those BBSers do go on and on and on about it. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 06, 02:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think TS2 is running out of gas, really.  Aren't there still hordes and hordes of sheep people bleating carrying on and on about pets at the BBS?

I do think pets is the EP, but not because of any rumour.  I think it's going to be pets based on the lack of information released about the next EP.  Why would they let that info out if it was pets, seeing as a lot of people may choose to not buy their booster packs  Roll Eyes and OFB if they knew pets were coming.
olomaya
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 06, 02:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt they're running out of gas either.  I think putting out pets this soon is just an answer to the OVERWHELMING demand for them.  It's getting belligerent.  Maxis probably just wants to shut these people up and for good reason.  Also, they're always going to put out their "star" EP during the fall quarter so people buy it during Christmas time so if they didn't put it out this year, they'd probably have to wait until '07 and by then some crazy BBS-er would probably storm Maxis headquarters and hold the staff hostage until they put pets in the game.  It's better they do it now.  At least the Suggest an Idea board will be cleared up.

If pets is just going to be a feature of the ep, though, I wonder what the ep theme will be.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 06, 02:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So NL was supposed to be a star episode then? I thought it was pretty lame actually. *shrug*

olomaya
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 06, 02:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally think that so far ALL the eps have been lame, though I'm glad at least Uni and OFB were original ideas as opposed to NL which was Hot Date 2.  By "star" eps, I guess I mean, an ep that is guaranteed to be a safe bet in its mass appeal.  Uni and OfB stood to isolate many simmers but NL was a no brainer.  Pets will be one too.
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 06, 04:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also heard a rumour that it's Vacation coming up next: http://boards.ign.com/the_sims/b5219/113429423/p1/

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 06, 04:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... if they didn't put it out this year, they'd probably have to wait until '07 and by then some crazy BBS-er would probably storm Maxis headquarters and hold the staff hostage until they put pets in the game.  It's better they do it now.

roflmao, I can just see it...

I just really hope it will be combined with growing things again, like in Unleashed. And not be a lame idea like vacation, which I never bought, and wouldn't now. Pets might be fun, if it is done differently...

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 06, 05:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also heard a rumour that it's Vacation coming up next: http://boards.ign.com/the_sims/b5219/113429423/p1/

Well... all I have to say is that if it's a Vacation expansion, hopefully it'll be better and less repetitive than the Sims 1 version of it. I think Vacation was my least favorite expansion, because other than when I first got the expansion, I never sent sims on vacation.  Undecided

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 06, 05:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I like about Sims 1  vacation is seeing skimpy dressed sims shivering in the winter LOL.
I really don't like Pets and Vacation...guess the next EP is going to hold little attraction for me. But I'll still get it because probably most cc will require that silly EP anyway...

Go Away
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 06, 05:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is a thread at the BBS about the mechanical bull, stripper cage, stripper cake

lordy I miss those  Grin
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 April 06, 05:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, they're always going to put out their "star" EP during the fall quarter

Just my opinion here, but Uni and NL combined are barely worth one OFB.  NL added some cool features and fun activities, but the ONLY things good about Uni are the enhanced wants, perma-plat, musical instruments and the plastic surgery machine.  OFB actually gives my sims something to do with their time instead of painting or writing novels all the time.

I enjoyed Vacation.  My only problem was I hardly ever had sims who could afford to take expensive vacations.  I was late getting into the game so very few of my sims got to travel.

I also want a farm-type expansion pack--one where I can raise real simulated animals, grow and harvest crops and sell them at my roadside stand.  This would be such a great enhancement to OFB.  If they decided to throw in some dogs and cats I wouldn't mind that, either.  Just keep the dad-burned mice!

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 April 06, 06:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just my opinion here, but Uni and NL combined are barely worth one OFB.  NL added some cool features and fun activities, but the ONLY things good about Uni are the enhanced wants, perma-plat, musical instruments and the plastic surgery machine.  OFB actually gives my sims something to do with their time instead of painting or writing novels all the time.

I completely agree with you here. The first two expansions were mostly worthless. Like you said, that surgery machine is a big plus, especially since Maxis insists on making such fugly sim templates to generate off of. And the best thing about NL was the inventory system, but that's been carried over to OFB anyhow.

OFB to me is almost like a whole new game, or at least a new minigame.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 April 06, 06:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep OFB is great, it finally gives us a reason to have elders.  They have plenty of time to start their business and pass it on to their family.  We also have different goals now for our sims, will they stay at home and start a family and when the kids are teens start their business at home, will they prefer to have a regular steady job or work for another business, we have more options for our Sims faith now. 

I prefer Maxis do something completely new instead of re-editing "Sims 2 style" old expansion packs.

I was not a huge fan of OFB at 1st, the information Maxis given us never made me excited about it and I thought I would never purchase it.  After I read comments about it in here, I change my mind and really don't regret my pruchase, for me this is their best expansion so far.

University is not bad, it was also completely new things for our Sims to do, the only problem is that it is a bit too long if you don't use any hack to shorten it a bit.  Tongue  Nightlife is more of a big fun house for me but it is not bad either.  I love the discotheque!

As for what will be the next expansion, I'll just wait and see but I don't expect Maxis will release "official" news about it until May or June because of the family pack.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 April 06, 07:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... all I have to say is that if it's a Vacation expansion, hopefully it'll be better and less repetitive than the Sims 1 version of it. I think Vacation was my least favorite expansion, because other than when I first got the expansion, I never sent sims on vacation.  Undecided

Ugh, I sent my sims on vacation ONE TIME but it was so boring I had them come home after like one day. I don't see why we would need a vacation pack since we have all the different neighborhoods and sims have days off work and so on. Seems like it would be pretty pointless. I would only buy it if it came with lots of cool new objects and interactions.

... On the other hand, I really want pets. I know that makes me sound 13 but, well, I thought they were fun.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 April 06, 07:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, following the chain of expansion packs, doesn't it make more sense that a vacation-style expantion be next?

Where are we? Colledge (work) -> Nightlife (fun) -> Business (work) -> ?

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Sorry.

Pets? Gimme a break. Sounds more like an add-on to me and I can see the irritating wants now:

Sleep with rover on the bed.
Pet Rover.
Play fetch with Rover.
Teach rover to play dead.
Sick Rover on zombies.

You don't really want that, do you? OK, well maybe the "sick rover on zombies" want at least.

Speculation, all speculation. Hell, I might just be bored with this game before the Fall anyway.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: