More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 20:26:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a way to change the name of a household?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a way to change the name of a household?  (Read 6613 times)
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Is there a way to change the name of a household?
« on: 2006 July 08, 23:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found a way to incease the family funds of my Sims households by moving them one by one into already-occupied houses (I know there's a cheat to increase funds but my reasons for doing it this way are complicated and involve more than money). In the course of all this moving, the names of the Sims living in the houses are different than the name that shows up when you point the cursor on the house. Is there a way to change the name of the hoursehold? I have downloaded Sim PE but haven't done anything with it, so I can use that if I can figure it out. Otherwise, is there a way in the game or using a hack that will let me change the name?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Is there a way to change the name of a household?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 08, 23:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've shuffled things around and done it before...  if you have 1 sim more out, stick them on an empty lot, then move out the rest and add them to that lot, the household name will change it be that of the sim who you originally moved it.

It's a bit fiddly, but can be done without exiting the game.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 08, 23:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean the names of the houses or the names of the sims?

If you want the names of the sims changed, go into SimPE and go to

Tools>Neighborhood>Neighborhood Browser

At this point, select you desired neighborhood.

When it is finished loading, go to

Tools>Neighborhood>Sim Browser

When the next window opens, find your sims.  It is quicker to type the first letter of their first names and select than scolling.  Load each and then commit after each one and save in the end.  ONce you are finished, load up the game.

If you mean the house names, if you have OFB, you can select the house and hit the rename icon.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 08, 23:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I couldn't resist. You don't need the English help, but paragraphs are your friends!!

Translation:
Although there's a cheat to increase funds, I've increased the family funds of my Sims households by moving individual sims one-by-one into already occupied houses.

In the course of all this moving, the names of the sims now living in those houses are different than the name that shows up on Neighborhood view.

Is there a way to change the name of the household? I have downloaded Sim PE, but haven't done anything with it, so I can use that if I can figure it out.

Is there any other way, in the game or using a hack that will let me change the name?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 08, 23:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And that, Elf Puddle, is why you are our Stupid-to-English Translator.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 08, 23:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just mean the names of the houses, not the Sims themselves. I thought maybe there was a way to go into a file somewhere and change the name.
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 08, 23:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And that, Elf Puddle, is why you are our Stupid-to-English Translator.

I shall pretend that's a compliment. Thank you.

minonda, do you mean their "last name" or their address? For example, are you trying to change "Broke", or "123 Sesame Street"?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 09, 00:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

minonda, are you trying to change:
A)  An individual sim's name, such as Brandi Broke
B)  The family name associated with a household, such as The Broke Family
C)  The address of a lot, such as 123 Sesame Street

My guess is, you mean B.  If so, I usually use SimPE, although there may be an ingame way someone else can describe.

Open SimPE and use the Neighborhood browser to load the neighborhood.

Under Resource Tree (in the upper left of the screen), click on Family Information.

You will see a list of all the families in your neighborhood in the upper right of your screen.  Click on the one you want to change.

Then look at the bottom part of your screen, under Plugin View.  It will show the family name and a list of all the family members.  you can change the name there. 

Remember to Commit after each change, and Save after all are done.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 09, 00:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, gjam, I did mean 'b'. Sorry I wasn't clear about that.  Thanks for the help. I"ll try what you suggested.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 09, 00:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I shall pretend that's a compliment. Thank you.

It WAS a compliment.  Many people need to learn the benefits of writing organized prose.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 09, 00:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've learned a lot more than I expected to tonight.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 09, 00:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assumed option b right from the start...  and my reply indicates how I go about doing that in game.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 09, 01:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ness, I didn't really understand your reply. Also, as I mentioned in my original post, there are complicated circumstances surrounding the moves that involve moving them to existing lots, so starting with a new lot that will keep the name of the Sim that first moved in is not an option, based on the way I'm doing things (maybe that 's not what you said). Thanks, though.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 09, 01:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presumably there is at least one resident sim with the name that you would like to be the family name?

If so, move that sim out and place them in a new lot.  Then, at the neighbourhood screen, move the rest of them out and join them up with the first sim.

clearer?
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 09, 01:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not reallly. I was trying to avoid going into the boring details, but basically, here's the situation:

1. I create a household and move in a Sim with the name Farrell.
2. I move in another Sim so §20,000 will be added to their funds.
3. The situation changes, and I want to move Farrell over to Sinclair's house because I want Farrell to be with Sinclair's housemate and I want them to have a lot of simoleans (one household of two very low-earning Sims ended up with §98,000 to start when I did this, so I'm really wedded to this way of moving Sims from furnished households and increasing their funds)
4. Farrell & Sinclair have a baby and there's another house occupied by Boland which I want for them, furnished, so I move them there (separately).

So now Mr & Mrs Farrell are in Boland's house. I want to know how to change the Boland to Farrell. I know that there is a standard way  to move Sims, but I like this way better because they have more money and move into furnished houses. I also know about inventories, but it's the money part that makes this method so appealing to me.
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 09, 03:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome to run your game in any way you like, and I wouldn't suggest otherwise.

However, have you thought of the family funds cheat to arrange the money issue? Or a simple motherlode?

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 July 09, 05:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I couldn't resist. You don't need the English help, but paragraphs are your friends!!

Translation:
Although there's a cheat to increase funds, I've increased the family funds of my Sims households by moving individual sims one-by-one into already occupied houses.

In the course of all this moving, the names of the sims now living in those houses are different than the name that shows up on Neighborhood view.

Is there a way to change the name of the household? I have downloaded Sim PE, but haven't done anything with it, so I can use that if I can figure it out.

Is there any other way, in the game or using a hack that will let me change the name?

They're not paragraphs, they're sentences.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 July 09, 06:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, dear, they are. But they seemed to me to be topic sentences of unfinished paragraphs.  Tongue  Grin

minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 July 09, 08:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elfpuddle, as I mentioned above, I know about the cheats, but there are more reasons for doing what I'm dong than increasing funds. The funds are part of it, but not all of it. That's why I asked the question about changing the names of the residences.
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 July 10, 02:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problems. Cheesy  I was just double checking. As I said, play how you want. It's your game.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: