More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 05:04:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Inge where are thou?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Inge where are thou?  (Read 47964 times)
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Inge where are thou?
« Reply #75 on: 2006 April 06, 13:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just discovered that Inge can either be "God" or a short form of "Ingeborg", meaning "may God protect".

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2006 April 06, 14:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I hope Inge still comes and posts here sometimes Smiley I would miss her if she didn't.

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 April 06, 15:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Blue, I've sent a couple of zips to you via email. I've also uploaded the school rar file with webpage included, plus some misc. OFB hacks.

The noempty potty is not working with OFB and Inge recommended - is it Crammyboy's hack?

BTW I'm nz_wiccan @ yahoo. And witch3 in my other email. Smiley

I saw Inge's response to you in her thread and even though I wasn't having a problem with her hack, based on her response I switched. After I switched, the sims still had to empty the potty. I reverted back to just using her (and only her no empty hack and not the midstream one) hack and didn't have any problems.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 April 06, 16:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have a recent version of her "noemptypot" hack. I got it after I installed OFB as I wiped my download folder at that time and I had to hunt down a lot of her stuff. =)  I'll have to go home and check.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2006 April 06, 16:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course a modder is more than just their work, but Inge put a lot of herself into her hacks.  The type of hacks she created and her philosophy about how she wanted to play the sims was her own.  She once said that she created mods in order to help the sims behave more logically, hence the name of her site, in contrast to Pescado's philosophy, which is that sims are innately stupid and should be under strict control and never allowed to do anything autonomously.  I like playing with a combination of these methods.  Inge was (is?) an excellent modder, and her hacks were of the highest quality.  She even helped me to convert her autonomous study bookcase for the other bookcases in the game.  I have those if anyone is interested...I finally got all the recolors working.  I may not have agreed with all of her views, but it is obvious from the discussions we've had here that none of us will ever totally agree with each other. 

I will just end this here by saying that Inge will be sorely missed.   Cry

Inge, if you read this, I want to add a heartfelt "Thank you" from me as well.

well spoken! hear hear  Smiley i'm kinda sorry i've been a "lurker" for so long n so i didn't know Inge herself either, but have long admired her talent (ofb drove me out of lurking-lol!)  Thank you from me, also, Inge.

The noempty potty is not working with OFB and Inge recommended - is it Crammyboy's hack?

Hmm, I have her 'noemptypot' in my game, and I have all three EPs, and it still works fine. Sure you have the latest version? (dated 10/31/04)

yeah-it works fine for me too, n i have all three eps

I have a lot of Inge's stuff in my game and will certainly miss her creations, not to mention the fact that it peeves me to lose a BRITISH modder who puts yoos in her words.  I am annoyed now because I never did get around to downloading the school stuff and also there was a new mod she put on a few days ago that I didn't download at the time for some reason and now I can't even remember what it was!

was it the new alarm clock? i decided to wait on downloading that one too  Undecided i was looking through my folders, and it looks like i only kept SOME of them. i hate it when i decide i have to STOP being a pack rat and clean stuff out-isn't that always when you find out you should've kept it? geez! i have all the school stuff, and the kids stuff, and quite a few of the globals. i forget what else. i don't know how to upload stuff to these forums, but i'll figure it out if you guys end up missing anything that i have. Maybe post a list later?

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 April 06, 18:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's too bad Inge shut down the site so abruptly, but sometimes a clean break is necessary. I was glad to read in her message that she'll be around forums as a player.  Smiley

It's good of you guys to set up the YahooGroup, so newcomers (and us slow downloaders who took it for granted that she'd always be there!) can continue to enjoy her work.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 April 06, 18:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too was waiting to download the newest version of things (I don't have OFB yet)...and I was so looking forward to the school.

Inge, thank you for everything you've done for my sims since The Sims Hot Date (yep, llllllllooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggg time fan of Simlogical)

Ditto to everybody else's remarks...especially the kleenex (thanks, Ashleigh).

I'll check in on the Yahoo when I get home (no Yahoo from work) and see if I have anything not there, although with JadeElliot helping, I'm sure I don't. (I REALLY admire your OCD, JadeElliot! Wish I was that good!)

I guess what we've all learned is not to take anything for granted, and to tell people how much we appreciate them while we can. Yes, I know Inge isn't dead, but her site is, and I'm mourning that.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
humybyrd
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 April 06, 18:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been so busy at school lately that I havent had time to do any simming. I got a few of the hacks in when I got OFB but not everything since I didn't know which ones I may need. Good thing I got some of them anyway. If it is of interest to anyone I have nearly all the sims 1 stuff and can get them out to those who show interest.

Inge you will be missed as a modder but hope to still see you around the forums and chat rooms. Thanks for the hard work. Honestly my first thought was you got sick or had family crisis, hope thats not the case, but know that I am wishing you the best just in case.

I reject your reality and substitute it with one of my own.
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 April 06, 19:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of Inge's things were the first things I downloaded, when it came to hacks.  I have always been impressed with her items.  I kept hemming and hawing about the reservable beds, and I never did download them (guess that will teach me, if I think I want something, I sure as anything should download it, and decide later.)

So, along that line, thank you, Inge, for showing me what playing TS2 should be like. (I loved her door that kept toddlers out of the bathroom)

on a related note...
She even helped me to convert her autonomous study bookcase for the other bookcases in the game.  I have those if anyone is interested...I finally got all the recolors working
  I would TOTALLY be interested in that.  I never understand, when a Sim has a want to gain a skill point, they don't go to the bookcase and grab a book.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 April 06, 19:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope Inge does stay around as a regular player; her sense of humour is wonderful.

JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2006 April 06, 19:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I REALLY admire your OCD, JadeElliot! Wish I was that good!

Thanks! I am thinking of selling my DLs folders to those who want the system but would rather chew their arm off than do it themselves! *grin* People ask me for them on a regular basis. For that and my Whimsy Valley hood.

Yeah, I was still really surprised at my emotional response to Simlogical going. I just thought she would always be there. Like a monument or something. If anyone remembers my posts showcasing my coffeeshop and gym in Whimsy Valley using all of Inge's stuff way before OFB was even an apple in our eye, then you get an inkling of how much Inge's mods mean to me.

I had not even set up my school system yet! Better get cracking.

The only other site I would get major freaked out at a sudden close up shop is N99...but luckily they are not going anywhere, thank goodness.

*heads back over to her nest at N99*

She even helped me to convert her autonomous study bookcase for the other bookcases in the game.  I have those if anyone is interested...I finally got all the recolors working

I would be very interested in that, too. Would you be willing to post it in the yahoo group?

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 April 06, 19:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope Inge does stay around as a regular player; her sense of humour is wonderful.

I agree. She's not a slave and she's certainly not obligated to mod anything and she may not even be in the mood to play the game anymore, but I'll miss her and her sweet granny avatar if she doesn't come around from time to time to post and comment. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 April 06, 19:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People ask me for them on a regular basis. For that and my Whimsy Valley hood.

I know, I still drool over it.  Grin

*heads back over to her nest at N99*

Don't go too soon, check your PM's lol.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 April 06, 19:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sad to see Inge not there. i have lots of her stuff and i think i have some or all of the school stuff as well...i just never had the time to set it all up yet. she was one of the first people i had mods for from TS1

i wish her well and hope to see her around on another forum in the summer (unsim related)
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 April 06, 20:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh sorry Database - looks like you got there before me.
No worries. Happens all the time Wink

Smirk

Inteen for AL, yay!
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 April 06, 20:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, you are my hero. One of the great sim modders out there is female! How many other games can say the same thing about their modders?
If you still need me to test your institution bunks, pm me and I will send the results to you.

I will miss your site and I hope you will feel like modding again in a bit.

INTJ
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 April 06, 20:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No-empty potty - Inge said Phedge used her code, with her permission, and it was better to use his potty. That works in my game, I took Inge's one out. I wonder if she was planning this after all?

I too will miss a female modder who spells correctly and can be more than a bit wicked. Hope I see her round the forums.

For those who are interested, there is a school.zip in the schools folder on the yahoo group that is fairly recent, 19/2/06 and includes the webpage with Inge's explanations. No idea if it's OFB compatible, I haven't used it yet.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 April 06, 20:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Sorry, my adsl router is playing up and I seem to have managed to quote myself. :/ Post removed.

@sciberg - sheepwrangler? IT support? Bet you feel like being a sheepmangler sometimes...

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 April 06, 20:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No-empty potty - Inge said Phedge used her code, with her permission, and it was better to use his potty. That works in my game, I took Inge's one out. I wonder if she was planning this after all?

Where can you find Phedge's version?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 April 06, 21:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can you find Phedge's version?
It's in the Peasantry.

To those who wish to see the bookcases I cloned from Inge's autonomous study bookcase, give me a bit to package it up and see how big the file is.  I'm a little bit pressed for time this week, but I will get to it soon, I promise.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 April 06, 22:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who are interested, there is a school.zip in the schools folder on the yahoo group that is fairly recent, 19/2/06 and includes the webpage with Inge's explanations. No idea if it's OFB compatible, I haven't used it yet.

They are all working in OFB. I have a daycare service for children in the neighborhood. I switched them all to Inge's home schooling, and Inge's homework table to generate homework for them to do.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 April 06, 22:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has she quit posting as well, or is she just taking a break until things cool down?

Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2006 April 06, 22:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She indicated on N99 that she wouldn't be here (MATY) as frequently.  She did say she wasn't leaving and never coming back.  She was just done modding.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 April 07, 04:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to her profile, she was last active here April 06, 2006, 10:57:52 AM (my time, which is EDT, or GMT -4).  Her last post was in that poll about "you know who."
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 April 07, 06:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Sorry, my adsl router is playing up and I seem to have managed to quote myself. :/ Post removed.

@sciberg - sheepwrangler? IT support? Bet you feel like being a sheepmangler sometimes...

You bet... I am not on anti-depressants for nothing. Hopefully I will get another job sometime soon.
 Wink

INTJ
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: