More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 03:17:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Two brothers - friends and enemies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two brothers - friends and enemies  (Read 4015 times)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Two brothers - friends and enemies
« on: 2006 April 08, 07:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two adult brothers who are living together who have been at each others throats for some time now. (One is Pleasure, the other is Romance, and their vendetta started a long time ago, when sharing dates, I suppose.) Anyway, I still want them to live together and they both work at a nightclub one of them owns. I don't want one brother to move out because then that brother would have to be an employee, and hence not free labor.

I would like them to be friends, or at least not mortal enemies. But the problem is that they are always autonomously queuing up to slap/shove/poke each other, driving their relationship way down. I have to keep the mouse hovered over the queue, constantly canceling out these negative actions. The weird thing is that I had them apologize to each other repeatedly with the Cool Shades on, so now they are both friends and enemies at the same time (relationship score around 100/-60). Obviously the problem is the lifetime part of the score, but other than daily decay, is there any way (outside of SimPE, etc.) to more quickly advance their lifetime score? None of the actions that increase lifetime score seem to be available to them. It is very frustrating the least to have finally improved their score, only to have one Slap undo all the progress.

Oh and yes I know I could turn Free Will off, but I really prefer not to play that way.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
Re: Two brothers - friends and enemies
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 08, 07:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you wanted to cheat you could use boolprop and just keep pulling the sliders up

Axe murdered since 2006
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 08, 20:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would just let the lifetime relationship slowly improve (which it will if their daily relationship remains positive).  Keep forcing them to do things together that keep them conversing.  If I ever want my sims to gain (or regain) lowering relationships, I make them do things like play chess together - the normal conversation that they'll have during the game usually results in good daily relationship gains.  Also, just keep them busy so that they don't have time to ruin their relationship...keep them studying, or working out, or whatever.  Anything to keep them away from each other!
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 08, 20:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try making their interests similar and then chat. The  more deliberate 'friendly' interactions you make, the better relationship they will get.

INTJ
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 09, 03:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keep forcing them to do things together that keep them conversing.  If I ever want my sims to gain (or regain) lowering relationships, I make them do things like play chess together - the normal conversation that they'll have during the game usually results in good daily relationship gains.  Also, just keep them busy so that they don't have time to ruin their relationship...keep them studying, or working out, or whatever.  Anything to keep them away from each other!

[nods head] That is how I got Angela & Lillith to be friends in one incarnation of my game - if it can work for those two I'm sure it can work for your set of brothers.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 10, 20:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, chess seems to be the "magic socializer" in the game.  I did the same thing to get the Pleasant girls to be friends, and it also worked with Lillith and Mary Sue.  And it's good for couples that are on the outs, too.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 11, 04:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Friendly hugs should work well, I think. You need to experiment with the positive interactions to see which ones will be accepted, and use the strongest one every time.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 12, 10:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just simpe 100/100 and problem solved immediately when I hit the "commit" problem.

Why don't you do that too? Tongue

Go Away
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 12, 10:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE is a pain in the butt because you have to go outside the game. You can end up spending all your time in SimPE instead of playing. Can't stand bodyshop for the same reasoon.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: