More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:26:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question on DeleteAllCharacters
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question on DeleteAllCharacters  (Read 3525 times)
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
Question on DeleteAllCharacters
« on: 2006 April 11, 04:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have a kickass custom neighbourhood with named streets and houses, and everything Just So.  However, because this Nattie-cat was a dip, I didn't deleteallcharacters when I started.  I want to do so now, but I want to keep just a few of my extant families.

My question is this--if I move their houses into the F2 bin, will that shield them from the DeleteAll Characters, or is it best to just kill the sims and rebuild?  I read somewhere that moving a family into the family bin severs all their ties, but I don't know if that was true, or if it was just hooeysmoke.

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Question on DeleteAllCharacters
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 11, 04:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moving a family into the bin won't sever their relationships, but it also won't shield them from the deleteallcharacters either.

Isn't there some sort of cloning thing in SimPE you can do to save them?  I'm not sure how that works... Embarrassed
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 11, 04:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleteallcharacters deletes all characters no matter where they are.  If do don't have notownieregen installed then townies will regenerate.

All I can think of to save sims would be to write down their personalities and use SimSurgery in SimPE to save their looks.  I haven't used it recently so I don't know if there's a utility directly for preserving sims.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 11, 04:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you can save it by lotbinning them, but then you will never be ble to get rid of all the excess character files properly, either.

Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 11, 04:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can think of to save sims would be to write down their personalities and use SimSurgery in SimPE to save their looks.  I haven't used it recently so I don't know if there's a utility directly for preserving sims.

SimSurgery!  Why didn't I think of that?  I won't mind the townies regenerating when the new, realistic looking face templates are in Peasantry, but right now, I have too many fuglies.

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 11, 04:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimSurgery!  Why didn't I think of that?  I won't mind the townies regenerating when the new, realistic looking face templates are in Peasantry, but right now, I have too many fuglies.

Ha! Fuglies is a great way to describe them!  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: