More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:43:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  A question for Motoki / Problem solved thanks to Sagana
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A question for Motoki / Problem solved thanks to Sagana  (Read 21519 times)
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: A question for Motoki (and anyone else who knows)
« Reply #25 on: 2006 April 06, 00:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sagana was right : I start a project in body shop (cloning the blue underwear that has the same shape has the pink nice one) and the project package looks exactly like my file : flag 0 no creator string and no binary index....
So instead of fiddling with simpe (as I don't know what I'm doing, I finished my project in bodyshop, importing the texture from the pink undies.
I hope now they will be buyable but even if it works, I know that my sims currently wearing it would have reverted to some maxis undies as it no longer is the same file (I clone it in bodyshop)

Big thanks once again to maxon, bitsy and sagana.
I'm off to hunting the swimsuit and teen male pajama to do the same, but will leave the elder and teen female undies alone : they are not worth the work in my opinion.
If anyone know of quicker way to find the package than to open every file, I'm interested.
pioupiou
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 April 06, 00:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sagana was right : I start a project in body shop (cloning the blue underwear that has the same shape has the pink nice one) and the project package looks exactly like my file : flag 0 no creator string and no binary index....
So instead of fiddling with simpe (as I don't know what I'm doing, I finished my project in bodyshop, importing the texture from the pink undies.
I hope now they will be buyable but even if it works, I know that my sims currently wearing it would have reverted to some maxis undies as it no longer is the same file (I clone it in bodyshop)

Big thanks once again to maxon, bitsy and sagana.
I'm off to hunting the swimsuit and teen male pajama to do the same, but will leave the elder and teen female undies alone : they are not worth the work in my opinion.
If anyone know of quicker way to find the package than to open every file, I'm interested.
pioupiou

Excellent - that makes perfect sense.

I'd look at the textures with Clean Installer - they pop up in the little box when you click on the file - it will also tell you all the information you need, including the filename.  Even easier, you can use the programme to move the file to an empty folder.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: A question for Motoki / Problem solved thanks to Sagana
« Reply #27 on: 2006 April 06, 00:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm really glad it worked.

And that Maxon remembered about project files. I can't remember today let alone yesterday.

Hopefully it'll be easier to find the others with Clean Installer as he suggested.

Now get some sleep ;)

Unsouper
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 April 06, 00:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd look at the textures with Clean Installer - they pop up in the little box when you click on the file - it will also tell you all the information you need, including the filename.  Even easier, you can use the programme to move the file to an empty folder.
I'd try that tomorrow. For this evening (undies) I used scanfolders in simpe, but the thumbnail is so small. I think your idea is much better as clean installer allows to see all the textures (scanfolder shows only one and sometimes it is the bumpmap, not too useful)
Thanks !
pioupiou
Quote from: sagana
Now get some sleep Wink
Excellent idea !!!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 April 06, 02:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm glad y'all worked it out. I was going to say, those didn't look like any Maxis stuff I had ever seen before.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
sgestner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 April 06, 04:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is available here.

Thank you much.   Dunno how I missed that...
pinhead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 April 06, 08:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad that you solve your problem
I have a theory about old stuffs been messing because of how the game handles clothings and stuff now.

I had problems with old custom contents after UNI and NL. Looks like maxis changed the way
that skin tones and clothings use the group IDs in the package.
For example, if you create now a skin tone the group ID that will use start with 0x7F000000. Clothes
and hairs are using now 0x5F000000.
Since the group of the clothes giving problem to you were using 0x7F, probably the game is thinking
that is a skin tone and not a cloth (i'm not saying that will show the thumbnail in skin tone sector).
I had a problem with a hair (when UNI was realeased) that was using this 0x7F group and everytime that i was trying to clone
a skintone, the texture of that hair is pulled by bodyshop in the project folder... was driving me insane. And this faulty hair wasn't showing in
the catalog.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 06, 09:00:24 by pinhead » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: