More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 20:40:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I love you, you love me, we're one big happy family
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I love you, you love me, we're one big happy family  (Read 9196 times)
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
I love you, you love me, we're one big happy family
« on: 2006 April 04, 23:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting rather annoyed with all the fighting, poking, slapping, arguing and general mayhem that seems to occur everytime sims are together for any extended period of time.

I don't want to eliminate this autonomous behavior ( I know Squinge did a mod for that). I like that my sims do more things autonoumoulsy since NL.  However it's over the top.  People don't fight THIS much, not even drunk in a bar on a Saturday night.  Okay bad example.

Anyway, couldn't we have a mod to tone  down this behavior?  Make it so that these negative behaviors will only occur if the sim is grouchy, in a bad mood or has negative attraction?   This probably already exists in the game, but judging from the amount of negative behavior the criteria need to be tightened, IMO

crammyboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: I love you, you love me, we're one big happy family
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 04, 23:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1286.0
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 04, 23:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i was thinking this today as the past couple of days playing, the welcome wagon has broken out into fighting every time they go over to welcome a new resident. doesn't matter what combination of the group it is, except for the Servo. she behaves herself as she should in someone elses home.

thanks crammyboy for the link. i didn't know about it because i have never needed to notice it before. the sims mainly stay polite but it was striking me hard (heh) today how severe the fighting had become recently, for some weird reason
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 04, 23:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've concluded that I must have one of the most boring games going since my Sims always are well behaved.  True, right after I installed NL there were the brawls, but those have gone away.

Maybe I'm overcontrolling - but I do hate discord.
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 05, 00:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh God, Barney! I liked that show (what?) but the kids in it creeped me out, mind you, kids in kids shows always seems to creep me out. o_0

I did notice the Downtownies fighting a lot when I installed NL, and when I got OFB, the grouchy sims got well, a lot more grouchy, they would just come up and poke the manager for no apparent reason, and what I found very annoying was Maxis didn't put in a option such as "Ban from store." or "Ask to leave." and the sims actually err, not returning 5 minutes later, yeah, very realistic. Roll Eyes

Thank god for hacks. Grin

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 05, 02:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All grouchy sims will stop fighting, if you befriend them with the ones, with whom they want to fight - even without hack. I never turned off the free will, since TS2, but always took care that all my grouchy sims will be friends.

Anyway - thanks Crammyboy for the Awesome hack, it may help a lot too...Smiley.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 05, 02:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting rather annoyed with all the fighting, poking, slapping, arguing and general mayhem that seems to occur everytime sims are together for any extended period of time.

When I read this sentence (before coming to the word "sims"), I thought you are talking about MATY  Cheesy

Go Away
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 05, 03:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I read this sentence (before coming to the word "sims"), I thought you are talking about MATY  Cheesy

Jysudo, this is allowed only at the Retardo Land - not at the Podium. We have  "serious" discussions here...Smiley

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 05, 03:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Crammy for reminding me about this hack.  I'll put it in my game for sure.

However, it's not just the fighting that is annoying me...it's all the other negative behaviors.  It seems to me that a fair percentage of my townies are walking around furious.  I just think it's over the top. I just want all the poking shoving, arguing, annoying toned down and made more realistic.   

If it was the same for romantic behaviors, every public place would look like the basement during a teenager party.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 05, 04:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. It seems to me - now maybe this is just my imagination, or all my townies have made up, that since OFB there is less fighting and negative behavior on community lots in general. I still do have the shoving and poking and whatnot, but these actions don't seem to escalate as rapidly as they did pre-OFB/post-NL. Has anyone else noticed this, or have I just been graced with some pleasant community outings lately?

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 05, 06:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it has got worse in my game , Pegasys, so yes i think you are blessed  Grin

playing again tonight, there is still a fair amount of argumentative behaviour but thanks to crammyboys mod there has been no unseemly brawling
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 05, 06:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know after NL, my neighborhood was plagued with burglaries, dormies were getting into all kinds of fights, and my neighborhood was starting to be over-ridden with furious sims.  It was so bad it was making me furious!

Since installing OFB and playing it a LOT, I've had one burglary.  It made me wonder if Maxis increased the chance of burglary to show off their new furious feature.  I've been less than impressed with that one from the get-go.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 05, 06:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You want *ME* to make *LESS* fighting? I DO NOT THINK SO!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 05, 07:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"The lawn asked the thorn to grow flowers"...Smiley
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 05, 07:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Crammy for reminding me about this hack.  I'll put it in my game for sure.

However, it's not just the fighting that is annoying me...it's all the other negative behaviors.  It seems to me that a fair percentage of my townies are walking around furious.  I just think it's over the top. I just want all the poking shoving, arguing, annoying toned down and made more realistic.   

If it was the same for romantic behaviors, every public place would look like the basement during a teenager party.

Well once you install Crammyboy mod in, the Sim will fight less with each other and will be less and less furious for no obvious reasons with each other since there will be less fighting.

I strongly suggest you also use Crammyboy's "reduced furious walkby fix" and also "noforcedwatchfight".

I have all these 3 in my game and I just love them.  I don't like Sims fighting for no reason like "I don't like your t-shirt" or "You like hot dogs, well I don't".  I am sure you get my point.  Tongue
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 05, 07:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They still fight with these mods installed-just not as much Grin

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 05, 07:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is what is so great about that mod, it does not stop it completely it just make it happens with a little more sense.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 05, 07:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Especially if you have Pescado's Fight Club mod installed also Grin

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 05, 07:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROFL, it probably makes a weird match.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 05, 09:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with you. The fighting makes me laugh.

Seriously, though, my grouchy sims are even more tetchy than they are usually. I tend to play mean buggers as they are more interesting than the somewhat insipid nice sims, and it is a bit disconcerting to have to turn the sound down (more, as I loathe the lift music TS2 comes with) because all they're doing is moaning and whining. What is funny is if you have a ticket machine installed on a home business and they come over to see a friend/lover because they will refuse to stay and just stamp off in a big huff.  Cheesy

Meh...
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 April 05, 19:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh I just knew you'd say that, lol. 

I just want the aggressiveness to make more sense.  In my mind only nasty grouchy people (in a bad mood) would go to random strangers and start arguing, poking and shoving.

Since all of your sims are nasty grouchy people, that would not generate less fighting in your game Smiley
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 April 05, 19:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know of any hack that speeds up the decay of the furious state?
I kind of like it but it lasts way to long.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: