More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 10:06:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Squinge found something interesting...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Squinge found something interesting...  (Read 82942 times)
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
Re: Squinge found something interesting...
« Reply #100 on: 2006 April 05, 21:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You people are worried about bottles and breasts? Your efforts would be better directed towards avoiding television, radio, drugs and debating infant care in gaming forums.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2006 April 05, 21:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a little tired of America's strange dislike of the human body. I understand people that don't want to see breastfeeding because many, many people have been raised to believe that their bodies are disgusting things that should be covered up.

This is the part that gets me about this thread is the general idea that a naked breast is "gross". It's okay for men to show their tits but womens' exposed breasts are "yucky" and comparable to belching, picking noses, and the like. This attitude just makes me feel a little sad but I'm well aware that many people feel this way.

As someone who nursed two children, I made attempts to be discreet but occasionally a little flesh might have shown. Believe me, when nursing a baby, priorities shift quite drastically.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 April 05, 21:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I nursed both of my children, in public, without a blanket, and most of the time, no one even knew what was going on.    It is possible to nurse discreetly, and to be quite honest, throwing a blanket over a kids head just broadcasts to everyone what is happening.

My thought about the whole thing is....do what is best for you and your baby, feed your baby how and where you want to, if someone doesn't want to see it, they don't need to look.  I'm not sure what the controversy or the issue is here.  If people don't want their sims nursing, then don't use the mod.

to whomever said something about pumps...my 5 year old never took a bottle, in the 18 months that she nursed.  She wanted it from the source, or not at all.  My younger daughter didn't care where it came from, as long as she was getting fed.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 April 05, 22:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

even knows.  You know why?  I lift my shirt discretely and the baby looks like s/he is sleeping in my arms.  If I threw a blanket over me, not only would I die from heat exhaustion here in Augusta, GA, but EVERYONE would know IMMEDIATELY what I was doing.  It is more discrete to not use a blanket.  Practice in a mirror at home.  And if I saw a woman's nipples while she nursed, well, so be it.

Give me a break. Roll Eyes You would not die from heat exhaustion from using a towel, and no one would care if they knew what you were doing, so long as they don't have to see it. If you can do it discreetly, fine, but flashing everyone is not discreet. I don't understand why people are so adamant about this. Caring about your baby and wanting to breastfeed is one thing, doing it in an inappropriate place or in an inappropriate way is another.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 April 05, 22:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a big difference between being discreet and broadcasting. Discreet I have no problem with. It's the tube top mamas I mentioned before that I have issues with. And most of you here and saying that you were intentionally discreet, sooo where is the argument? It's not as though we said ALL public breast feeding is bad, just the ones that are blatantly "I DARE you to say something!"

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 April 05, 22:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know the interesting thing is also that of all the women I have known who have been harrassed by museums, pools, mall security, restaurant staff, etc.  have ALL been covered with a blanket or been very very discrete.  The most recent one was a lady in Michigan who was a QUAKER who went into Victoria's Secret to use their lovely dressing rooms with benches and was told if she was going to nurse her baby, that she would have to leave.  I am not making this up.  Unfortunately the articles are no longer available, but here is a cartoon that appeared in the Grand Rapids, MI Press at the time:

And in keeping with the idea that it is indecent, here is a funny cartoon that makes the point pretty well:

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: 2006 April 05, 22:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious: is it the possible fleeting appearance of a naked breast or instead the assumed attitude of the so-called "blatant" breastfeeders that most offends?

(I said I wasn't going to get into this debate... I really need to step out now)

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 April 05, 22:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes - PCOS is polycistic ovary syndrome.

I'm yet another one who has it...  anyone who's been in chat in recent months would probably have heard me venting about it one time or another.

It is much more common than you may think.  Yes, we do need medication, yes we do have a higher risk of miscarriage - but that medication can often reduce that risk.

I also have friends with PCOS who have successfully had children - so it's not an automatic can't have kids ever condition.

That said - several of my friends have young babies.  They breast feed in public.  I have no problem with this, and realise that I am eventually going to have to face the same question myself.

Do you realise just how long it may take to feed a child?  It's not just a 5 minute deal.  Why should a mother out with friends have to duck off and leave the conversation/meal just to feed her child?  Tops don't need to be lifted that high, the baby covers most and light muslin throws are useful to maintain decency.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 April 05, 22:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, THAT is something I cannot comment on, having no experienced it myself. I can say that discreetly or non discreetly, no woman should ever be told to leave for feeding their children.

I know that I, personally, don't mind breast feeding in public if done discreetly. Half the time, I don't even notice. It's just again... the moms that pull their boob OUT of their clothing to do it. I do recognize that sometimes fussy babies make it hard to be nonchalant about things sometimes.

And to answer Pegasys' question, if you haven't noticed by now, my stance is against the blatant breast showing. I understand that there might be a "nip slip" even by the most prude, but still, the ones that just pop it out bug me.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 April 05, 23:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, and all I did was mention an interesting new mod -- never expected WW III over it. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 April 05, 23:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I think a thread about pay/donation sites turned into a huge debate/fight about gay/bisexual people.  It was like 450 replies or something at the end, and it eventually got moved to Retardo Land.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 April 06, 00:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of which, I couldn't find that mod under Squinge's profile (as I cannot look up the adult section at work).

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 April 06, 00:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of which, I couldn't find that mod under Squinge's profile (as I cannot look up the adult section at work).

You won't - it's in the adult section

Inteen for AL, yay!
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 April 06, 00:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bloody hell this is a long debate about a simple mod on a nother site. Mind you, that's how conversation goes, you start talking about one tihng, and go onto another, but I guess it wasn't completely off topic.

On the whole debate; I honestly wouldn't care less if I saw a woman breastfeed, since I guess Britiain nowadays has slightly more 'liberal' attitudes to this sort of subject. And because I'm not offended by boobs at all, I have two, and I'm definately not offended by my own, lol.

Besides, while babies can get into routines, they're not robots, and when a baby needs to eat, and there's nowhere 'appropriate' to feed, you can't always work around that, as you can't exactly ignore a baby screaming for food.

While I agree that a woman taking the whole boob out and making a whole display of the whole thing isn't exactly tasteful - those woman are not exactly common. All the women I've seen breastfeed you can't see any breast, at all.

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 April 06, 00:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, THAT is something I cannot comment on, having no experienced it myself. I can say that discreetly or non discreetly, no woman should ever be told to leave for feeding their children.

Tell that to Starbucks.  Apparently the people running the empire were all brought up on the bottle, which probably explains their dour attitudes.  Roll Eyes
Ashleigh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 April 06, 02:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't you be offended if someone judged the decisions you make with your infertility situation?

Being a nursing mom isn't a cakewalk in this country.You haven't yet been in this situation yourself so you don't know what it's like.

People judge us all the time, but you have to let it go or you get bitter and old before your time. No, I'm sure being a nursing mom isn't easy with all of the weirdos running around thinking breasts are a sexual object, but I'm a little confused. Actually, I'm a lot confused. Just because I haven't given birth to a live child doesn't mean I can't support breastfeeding rights. I would think that the pro-natural milk section of society would appreciate support no matter if it comes from someone who's had ten kids or none at all. If we (and there are a lot of potential crunchies running around) were going around yelling "OMG BOOBIEZ GROSS, WHERE'S THE FORMULA" all the time, it'd be different, but support is support is support. This isn't meant offensively, I'm just bewildered.

Would that be polycystic ovarian syndrome/disease? If so, that's what I have too, and the doctor told me, that I have a silm to low chance of conceiving without medication, and a high chance of miscarriage if I do happen to get pregnant without drugs. My mother had it undiagnosed before me, she had three kids with no problems, but she also had three miscarriages...

Yes, but my insulin is slowly returning to normal because I started taking medication last year. Most, if not all women with PCOS have insulin resistance, and when metformin is prescribed and the body processes insulin in a more effective and normal way which means the body's hormonal cycles begin to behave in a more effective and normal way. Metformin also makes you more fertile, and in some scenarios Clomid is also necessary. I'm assuming your insulin is being regulated, so that should help some.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 April 06, 02:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I'm one of those "Christian Soccer Moms", well, okay, a t-ball mom, not soccer  Roll Eyes, but I breastfed three babies in public.

I belive it's a cultural thing.  I'm sure that many of our friends "across the pond" are wondering why the hell this is such a fiery debate.  But, big business has done a lot to turn us from mammals nursing our babies to sluts selling everything from perfume to pop music.  Amish women can nurse their babies in their churches, but I can't nurse my baby in a shopping mall unless I go to the bathroom.  Go figure.

I'm in the Deep South--Bible Belt--Conservative Red State-Redneck and "Dubbya" lovin' Land.  I'm in my mid-30's.  I was "raised right", which means raised to be modest.  I spent a fortune on nursing bras and blouses that had pannels that allowed me to not flash any nipple just in case.  And, I still covered up with a blanket if I was in public, even went to my car on more than one occasion to nurse a baby.  I hated it, but I just didn't feel comfortable doing it because, again, our culture sees me nursing as something "dirty" and "sexual".  Its wrong, and it's not my fault, and it's definately not my baby's fault, but it's a cultural fact of life where I live, and I bend because I must live in the culture.

With my last baby I worked and I pumped at work.  I had an office and plenty of privacy, but "Just In Case" I made a little sign that had a cow on it and said, "Kristal is in but busy, please come back later."  A female co-worker was offended and made me take it off.  The males, well, they had no idea what I was doing!  LOL

Anyway, I'm with the majority I think when I say I want this mod in my game very much, but am willing to wait until there is a More Awesome one from Pescado.  Smiley  As much realism as possible, please.  Smiley
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: 2006 April 06, 02:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean, I don't know anyone who was breastfed by random strangers or other relatives, no matter how close your family was. Tongue

i think in other society's and "longtime yestergo's" this is known as a 'wet nurse"  Wink

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2006 April 06, 03:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been considering it.

I'm a little tired of America's strange dislike of the human body. I understand people that don't want to see breastfeeding because many, many people have been raised to believe that their bodies are disgusting things that should be covered up. If it's any better at all in Europe, I'd like to know.

Well, I know people are probably tired of me going "This is how it's like in Finland" but hey, this is where I've lived for the past year and where I'll probably live for the rest of my life, so it's what you get -

In Finland, and I am getting the impression in Scandinavia in general, the view of the body is a little more relaxed. It's still not perfect, but I don't feel the obsessively fearful edge about it I felt when I was in the States. One of the first ads that caught my eye was the profile of a nude woman for something rpegnancy related (not sure, I couldn't read Finnish at the time). As far as I can tell it is perfectly normal for women to breastfeed in public, and I have yet to see a single one who was 'letting it all hang out', even though it seemed 75% of the women I saw last year were pregnant and now an equal proprtion are wheeling around infants in prams.  Cheesy They simply do it because that is what one does when one's baby is hungry.

my "slightly off topic" opion is that this is WHY Americans are so overly obsessed with the human body.  All the puritanism led to repression, repression led to obsession, obsession led to something "i" think is a vast problem right now-which is that anything to do with the human body is now seen as sexual to where we practically make our sexuality our IDENTITY and all our thinking seems to revolve around it instead of it just being ONE of the parts of life. i wanna be more than that. Come to think of it-you don't see the lil native guys in south america with pin ups of boobs all over their walls-there are naked ones all over the place n they are seen as "bottles'-nuttin more or less-lol!  There's "modesty" which is natural, n then there's moribd fear (being taught everything to do with the body is dirty, nasty, etc)-which is not. Morbid fear leads to obsession >>steppin' off soap box<<  Cheesy

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: 2006 April 06, 03:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

C
ROFL!!!!

~G.K. Chesterton~
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: 2006 April 06, 03:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I think a thread about pay/donation sites turned into a huge debate/fight about gay/bisexual people.  It was like 450 replies or something at the end, and it eventually got moved to Retardo Land.
lol! i keep wondering if i'm gonna log back on to find this there  Grin i've been wondering how long Pescado's tolerance would hold out. He kinda reminds me of the way my hubby is-in that "semi-lovable grouch" way-lol! My hubby would sit here (if this conversation were going on in person) looking bored n blank for a while n then say with a raised eyebrow: "Can we talk about something else now?" n you'd KNOW he was "not at ALL impressed"-lol!

Added comment: WHOA! i was just a thread hog! so sorry you guys! That's what i get for commenting as i go, i spose  Roll Eyes

~G.K. Chesterton~
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2006 April 06, 03:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see it as sexual. Just gross.

eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2006 April 06, 07:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That said, I never understood why Maxis didn't have breastfeeding in game. It's a mother/child bonding thing but I suppose the media would turn it into OMG PORN! even though adult female sims don't even have nipples.

That's why they left it out of the game -- adult female sims DON'T EVEN HAVE NIPPLES, therefore HOW COULD THEY POSSIBLY BREASTFEED?!?

On second thought, I guess they do it the same way they go to the bathroom without ever taking their clothes off.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2006 April 06, 07:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. The blur would be there. No need for private parts, no need for nipples. That's the Maxis way. Roll Eyes

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2006 April 06, 07:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, it really creeps me out that female sims have nipples until they become teens.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: