More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:53:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Squinge found something interesting...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Squinge found something interesting...  (Read 82937 times)
atavera
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Squinge found something interesting...
« Reply #50 on: 2006 April 05, 09:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Renatus for inadvertedly reminding me I've got work to do, heh! Genes to clone, bacteria to feed, etc etc...
And welcome aboard atavera!
Hey DrBeast, good to see ya again too.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2006 April 05, 09:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If an Awesome version appears (please please) let it be for birth mothers only. I desire realistic levels of realism.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 April 05, 09:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If an Awesome version appears (please please) let it be for birth mothers only. I desire realistic levels of realism.

Agreed!  I would love a version that's enabled for females only, unlike Squinge's.  I have no aliens in my game and don't particularly want to see fathers attempting to breastfeed. 

Karen
Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 April 05, 10:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't particularly want to see a man breastfeeding either though it would be kinda funny.. in a sick Maxis kinda way  Cheesy Kinda like breastfeeding from the cowplant.. could you imagine that?

On another note.. please back away from the very educated on the subject childfree woman who was just expressing an opinion. I don't want a controversy, thanks.

~~ Larxene
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2006 April 05, 11:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i downloaded this yesterday (while i was trying to figure out something ELSE. i'm easily distracted-ahem!) but never played a lot that had babies/toddlers. Nevertheless-it was a hoot that whenever you click on a sim with the intent of a social interaction with another adult (or ANYthing really) you get the "breast feed baby" option. Made me snicker since it DOES apply to a lot of adults i know  Roll Eyes

update: i finally got around to playing again tonight and the option to "breastfeed baby" only came up on HUNGRY babies this time-not with every click like it did at first.  i didn't try it with the baby controller, so i don't know what happens with that. otherwise-haven't had any wierd stuff happen.  Works like a charm so far.  Thought you guys who were hesitant to try it because of the "annoyance" factor would like to know the "every click" option must've been a fluke

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 April 05, 11:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So alien babies are denied the right to breastfeed?  For shame!

I say, anyone who gets pregnant should have the chance to breastfeed.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 April 05, 11:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So alien babies are denied the right to breastfeed?  For shame!

I say, anyone who gets pregnant should have the chance to breastfeed.

I would agree with this if there was a way for this hack to allow only the father of the alien baby to breastfeed, and not just any random male adult who happens to be holding the baby.

Karen
pearlbh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 April 05, 13:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the subject of who should be allowed to breastfeed (in the game), I feel compelled to point out that in real life, breastfeeding advocates say that it is possible that a woman who adopts a child and was not pregnant herself can breastfeed.  I don't know where they stand on men who got pregnant by aliens, I've never asked.   Roll Eyes

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 April 05, 13:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I phoned George Clinton and he confirms that aliens can only breastfeed on the mothership.

Welcome to station WEFUNK, better known as We-Funk,
Or deeper still, the Mothership Connection.
Home of the extraterrestrial brothers,
Dealers of funky music.
P.Funk, uncut funk, The Bomb.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 April 05, 13:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah but what's his stand on Sir Nose D'void of Funk breastfeeding?

~~ Larxene
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2006 April 05, 13:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have wanted this for ages so I can only reiterate the request for an awesome version.  I will probably try out Squinge's in the meantime.  Does it only work on babies?  It should also work on toddlers.  I breastfed all five of my kids, the longest being my youngest daughter who very reluctantly gave up at the age of 3 1/2 (it was all habit then, she wasn't really using it for nutrition, and it was sorta getting embarrassing in various ways!).  All my kids have had very few colds and similar viruses, especially my youngest daughter.  I can't remember the last time she had a cold, but it certainly wasn't in the last few years.  Yet again I will say - HEALTH EXPANSION.  They could incorporate breastfeeding into this and educate the public.  What a chance they are throwing away.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 April 05, 14:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Breast is Best <== I own a t-shirt that says that.

It's such a shame the way people look at it in the U.S.  I was breastfed until I was 2!  Poor Mom.  Embarrassed  But I'm big and strong like a Mongolian with a super immune system.  Also kids who are breastfed longer have higher IQs.  Wink

My daughter wore a onsie at least twice a week that was white with black letters that said "Got Breastmilk"  (I had some old guy in target tell me that it was disgusting, and I shouldn't subject my child to wearing it, but then again, I had someone tell me that the bathrooms in the mall were the appropriate place to nurse a baby)

Anyway...thanks for finding this..I rarely check the downloads at insim, so I wouldn't have found it.
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 April 05, 14:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad Maxis didn't release it.  If it's Maxis, it's glitchy and the last thing I would want is a glitch where the mother gets stuck in the action and she spends the rest of the day with a baby attached to her tit.  Shocked

Hell, I get that now! (Sorry the pic is so big, but I'm at work and I can't adjust it here)

that poor baby, and mom.  the bath and shower are the only times I get away from my kids.
Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 April 05, 15:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Breast is Best <== I own a t-shirt that says that.

It's such a shame the way people look at it in the U.S.  I was breastfed until I was 2!  Poor Mom.  Embarrassed  But I'm big and strong like a Mongolian with a super immune system.  Also kids who are breastfed longer have higher IQs.  Wink

My daughter wore a onsie at least twice a week that was white with black letters that said "Got Breastmilk"  (I had some old guy in target tell me that it was disgusting, and I shouldn't subject my child to wearing it, but then again, I had someone tell me that the bathrooms in the mall were the appropriate place to nurse a baby)

Anyway...thanks for finding this..I rarely check the downloads at insim, so I wouldn't have found it.

That's offensive? I've seen far worse things on t-shirts than that. I'd have probably looked at it oddly, chuckled and walked away. Mall bathrooms? Icky, that's why my mom went to the car or used a recieving blanket when we were in public, much nicer and comfortable for her and my little sister (made cleaning up any milk-puke easier as well).

As for IQ? My sister is as dumb as a box of bricks, I'm the creative genuis of the family and I was bottlefed. Go figure   Undecided

~~ Larxene
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 April 05, 16:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I should make a more awesome version.

Thus the question exists: Can we plan on a more awesome version?  Or do I go ahead and download Squinge's version if I want my Sims to breastfeed.

As always, your humble servant...
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 April 05, 16:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's definitely disturbing to think a parent has to hide to feed her child, isn't it? Smiley
[/quote]

No. It's polite. Quite frankly, it looks gross, and no one should have to see it in public. It really irritates me, anyway. I mean, being discreetly covered is one thing, but some women just let it all hang out... YUCK

Ashleigh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 April 05, 17:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. It's polite. Quite frankly, it looks gross, and no one should have to see it in public. It really irritates me, anyway. I mean, being discreetly covered is one thing, but some women just let it all hang out... YUCK

Does this mean that next time I see an adult letting all their food hang out of their mouth in a restaurant, I can tell them to put a blanket over their head or take it to the bathroom?  Grin

Also, it's definitely possible for someone - male or female - who has never given birth to lactate. Although I can't imagine a man going through the process of actually attempting to begin lactation after being ass-probed by a rather unattractive alien and being unceremoniously dumped out on the pavement.

An awesome version would definitely be... uh, awesome. The drawbacks for this version for me thus far are a) my baby's feet keep going through the mother's arms, b) she can only nurse when the baby's hungry, and c) she doesn't stop nursing on her own. I'm not sure if that's just my game being wonky or if it's actually a problem.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 April 05, 17:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's definitely disturbing to think a parent has to hide to feed her child, isn't it? Smiley

[/quote]

Gross?   Huh  Like picking your nose, right?  Gross like that.  Gross like vomiting on your plate.  That's gross.  Gross like a 200 pound woman shoved into 100 pound shorts.  Gross.  Scratching your armpit and smelling your fingers.  Yuck!  Belching at the table or talking with your mouthful.  Yuck!  Just like breastfeeding.  Just like using those lumps on their chest for their intended function and the continued survival of your offspring, just like providing an infant with the perfectly designed food for it.  Gross like that.  Yep. I can see that.  Boobs should TOTALLY be reserved for selling beer and cars and magazines and soap.  Boobs should only be visible in the mall when you are walking past Victoria's Secret or Ambercrobie and Fitch.  No one should EVER have to look at them with a baby's head in the way.  That's just gross.  It's like Visible Panty Lines!!!!!!  So totally offensive!!!!!!!!   Cheesy

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 April 05, 17:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you wonder why both VPL and breastfeeding were not enabled in the game by default.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 2006 April 05, 17:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What if someone came on this forum and started talking about how gross being gay was? Would that be acceptable to the cultural mores of this forum? But its somehow acceptable to insult what is obviously a portion of this forum, considering the posts by breastfeeders in this thread, by calling us gross? Feeding our babies is gross? Really? Wow.

Do you go to public swimming pools? Beaches? Watch advertisements on televsion? Look at magazines? Using breasts for titallating men is not gross but using them as intended is?

You really really need to evaluate your feelings on this issue and find out where its coming from. Because seeing this kind of mysogyny and ignorance on this forum is "gross."

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 April 05, 17:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I do agree that mother's shouldn't just "pop one out" in public. That is why there are places provided for breast feeding women. There are pumps and there are secluded areas provided for this type of activity. If all else fails, blankets. I think it is in poor taste for a woman wearing a tube top to just yank it down for her kids. Still, I think that breast feeding is the best bet for kids. I want to breast feed my kids when I have them. (In fact, I am postponing a needed breast reduction because I'm afraid it will impede my ability to do so)

I would also like to throw in my hat for the request for an Awesome version of this hack. Especially one that is baby controller friendly. =)

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 April 05, 17:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always been puzzled by the debate over public exposure of breasts, breastfeeding or not.

It's socially unacceptable for exposed breasts to be shown on national television, at the beach, or a popular teen rated video game.

Yet.

It's okay to breast feed in the mall food court, sell comic books with artistic depictions of breasts to youth, and hang reproductions of Boticelli's "Primavera" in junior high art classes.

I guess you could argue that the last bits are "nature" and "art" but I'll keep them firmly in the "anatomy" category.

Related to the main topic:

This raises a lot of questions concerning the original intent of the game, and how much was changed to pander to people that find the human body offensive and evil. For the sims to breastfeed, wouldn't they need nipples? Might they have had them originally? If not, but I suppose we can have suspended reality for the game. And then there is the question of the social interaction I miss most from the promo shots: the sim woman flashing her husband. I found that hilarious and would like to have seen it stay in the game.

PS- I'll support public breastfeeding when I can take my top off at the beach!
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 April 05, 17:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you wonder why both VPL and breastfeeding were not enabled in the game by default.

LOL Thanks JM, for the humor.

Now, all y'all against breastfeeding, just take your Soma and have a holiday.  I'll be out on the Savage Reservation if you need me.

"Lenina was left to face the horrors of Malpais unaided. They came crowding in on her thick and fast. The spectacle of two young women giving breast to their babies made her blush and turn away her face. She had never seen anything so indecent in her life. And what made it worse was that, instead of tactfully ignoring it, Bernard proceeded to make open comments on this revoltingly viviparous scene. Ashamed, now that the effects of the soma had worn off, of the weakness he had displayed that morning in the hotel, he went out of his way to show himself strong and unorthodox.

"What a wonderfully intimate relationship," he said, deliberately outrageous. "And what an intensity of feeling it must generate! I often think one may have missed something in not having had a mother. And perhaps you've missed something in not being a mother, Lenina. Imagine yourself sitting there with a little baby of your own. ..."

"Bernard! How can you?" The passage of an old woman with ophthalmia and a disease of the skin distracted her from her indignation.

"Let's go away," she begged. "I don't like it.""

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Ashleigh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 April 05, 17:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, what's VPL?!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 April 05, 17:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

VPL = Visible Panty Lines (debate raging in another thread).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: