More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:07:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!  (Read 351430 times)
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!
« Reply #325 on: 2009 February 02, 04:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Employees assigned to work as baristas do not seem to be treated the same way as other employees by BRY - they are not made to use the bathroom, eat, caffeinate, kick stuff, etc. when their needs are low, and, in addition to what they are actually being paid by their employers, they receive $16 every 5 sim minutes or so from a mysterious barista-paying entity which IIRC has been around since it became possible to work as a barista on non-owned community lots in nightlife.  Can this be fixed?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2009 February 02, 07:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BRY handles baristas just fine, but it's a "constant" action, so BRY won't kick in until the employee aborts for motives normally. Cannot verify existence of Barista Paycheck Bug, either.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cococure
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2009 February 02, 20:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the BRY for some time now, and it used to work wonderfully with the SW timeclock (I had two shifts come in, one in the morning one at night, to tend, water, and harvest my plants)  I don't know when but BRY wont let my employees garden anymore.  Ive gotten rid of all my SW hacks, and installed the new version of BRY, but my employees won't garden.  They tidy just fine, but wander around aimlessly when there are clearly plants that need tending.  Where did I go wrong?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2009 February 03, 01:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you set them to Farm?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cococure
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2009 February 03, 13:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes sir I did.  They take a few steps here, a few steps there, a few more steps in a third direction.  No plant tending occurs.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2009 February 03, 15:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like normal "business-be farmer" activity on a lot where there are no plants that currently need tending.  Make sure you do not have a "perfect plants" or "perfect gardens" hack installed.  If all your plants are perfect all the time, there is no need to garden, and no farming or gardening can be done.  Your sims will continue to pace up and down with no purpose.  (You can actually give them something else to do while they wait for plants to grow, without dropping the "be farmer" thing from the queue.)

Tribulatio proxima est
cococure
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2009 February 06, 00:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any hacks like that in my game.  I waited a while, and employees still wandered aimlessly when there were plants which needed tending before they arrived, and when plants grew weeds while they were on the lot.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Servers don't clean up plates
« Reply #332 on: 2009 February 14, 16:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seached "server" and "clean" and nothing came up, so I assume nobody raised this issue.

So in a restaurant (home) business, the employee assigned as a server does not clean up plates after the customers are done. I observed for a long period of time; he would rather idle in the kitchen or go to clean the toilets than cleaning up the plates. When I assign my owner/family member to be a server, they clean up plates when there is no other urgent tasks. On the plus side, I'm happy to see the employee runs to greet customers (as the podium guy) in between serving.  Is it because I assigned him to be the host for a few times and he remembered that skill?

I use the latest BRY, 09-1-2.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2009 February 14, 16:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I think it's actually an EAxis bug that prevents non-fambly members from cleaning up plates, because apparently, people complained that they used to do this constantly on community lots, so now they can't. It's not BRY-related.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: 2009 February 19, 19:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make cashiering more attractive to sims with the appropriate badges when there are customers waiting to be rung up?  I don't know if you changed something recently, but now it seems that employees will not cashier even if they have gold register badges unless they are explicitly told to.  My playable will cashier, but she seems to think it is more important to restock all of the shelves than to ring up customers before they throw down their bags and leave.

Also, when I wrote this:

Employees assigned to work as baristas do not seem to be treated the same way as other employees by BRY - they are not made to use the bathroom, eat, caffeinate, kick stuff, etc. when their needs are low, and, in addition to what they are actually being paid by their employers, they receive $16 every 5 sim minutes or so from a mysterious barista-paying entity which IIRC has been around since it became possible to work as a barista on non-owned community lots in nightlife.  Can this be fixed?

I in fact meant bar tenders not baristas.  (I know, I r smrt linguist.)  Also, under more detailed scrutiny, I notice that the $16 is actually going to the business owner, not the bar tender - major DNW.  On a slightly related note, I dismissed said bar tender for several consecutive days, and then deleted the bar.  A few days later I called him back in and attempted to reassign him with the hammer and sickle - the pie menu on the H&S remained unchanged (with no options greyed out) and the business info continued to list the employee as the bar tender.  Is this BRY related, or did I break it by deleting the bar?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2009 February 20, 01:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make cashiering more attractive to sims with the appropriate badges when there are customers waiting to be rung up?
Cashiers treat cashiering as first priority. So if they're not cashiering as their next task after whatever they are doing now, something is wrong. I will ponder increasing the lookahead on the job, though.

I in fact meant bar tenders not baristas.  (I know, I r smrt linguist.)  Also, under more detailed scrutiny, I notice that the $16 is actually going to the business owner, not the bar tender - major DNW.  On a slightly related note, I dismissed said bar tender for several consecutive days, and then deleted the bar.  A few days later I called him back in and attempted to reassign him with the hammer and sickle - the pie menu on the H&S remained unchanged (with no options greyed out) and the business info continued to list the employee as the bar tender.  Is this BRY related, or did I break it by deleting the bar?
Unrelated. What did you reassign him to? If there's no bar, the bartender option will no longer appear, even though he retains the job assignment until you give him a new one.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: 2009 February 20, 01:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make cashiering more attractive to sims with the appropriate badges when there are customers waiting to be rung up?
Cashiers treat cashiering as first priority. So if they're not cashiering as their next task after whatever they are doing now, something is wrong. I will ponder increasing the lookahead on the job, though.

Thanks.  All of the sims in question were primarily assigned to sales, but I do recall in the not-too-distant past that sims assigned to sales with register badges would still be pretty prompt about ringing up customers if it needed doing.

What did you reassign him to? If there's no bar, the bartender option will no longer appear, even though he retains the job assignment until you give him a new one.

First I tried to reassign him as a barista, and then simply to unassign him.  Neither worked, so I eventually just dismissed him and hired some other talentless peon.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2009 February 20, 07:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  All of the sims in question were primarily assigned to sales, but I do recall in the not-too-distant past that sims assigned to sales with register badges would still be pretty prompt about ringing up customers if it needed doing.
A sim will always perform its primary task FIRST. So your salespeople will continue to perform sales, and only do secondary jobs when no one can be salesed to. Your mismanagement of personnel is not my fault. Tongue

First I tried to reassign him as a barista, and then simply to unassign him.  Neither worked, so I eventually just dismissed him and hired some other talentless peon.
Can't reproduce this issue, I was able to reassign bartenders just fine.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2009 February 21, 15:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A sim will always perform its primary task FIRST. So your salespeople will continue to perform sales, and only do secondary jobs when no one can be salesed to. Your mismanagement of personnel is not my fault. Tongue

True. If you want them to always ring up customers when there is one, you should assign them to cashier, and they will ring, and then run to restock, sell, whatever, and then run back to ring. This works very well for me.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: 2009 February 24, 05:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True. If you want them to always ring up customers when there is one, you should assign them to cashier, and they will ring, and then run to restock, sell, whatever, and then run back to ring. This works very well for me.

Never worked for me.  Cashiers seem chaiined to their stations, sales badges and all.  Maybe they need gold ones before they can be allowed to sales people as a cashier?  Ah well, I'll just go back to assigning everyone to restock, which seems to work right anyway.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2009 February 24, 06:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lazy sims don't automatically perform secondary tasks because it takes them far too long to get anywhere, so the risk of being away from their actual station for 3 hours to go someplace is too high. Hire some sims with a better work ethic and leave the slackers to starve.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: 2009 February 24, 06:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will keep that in mind in future.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: 2009 April 02, 05:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Employees are borken.  Cashiers will go to the cash register and restockers will move away from the portal, but then they will just stand there twitching in and out of idle animations without actually doing anything, even when there is cashiering/restocking that needs to be done.  If I shift-click->force error->reset them, they will do one task (e.g. restock one item, ring up one customer) and then go back to standing around uselessly.  Unassigning and reassigning them via the hammer and sickle has this effect as well.  It does not seem to matter if my playables are there as business owners or shoppers.  The Businiess...Be Restocker/etc. options for the playable sims do not seem to be broken.

In order to preempt any accusations of tight pants, I ran HCDU (which turned up no unexpected conflicts), and then took BRY out of my downloads and went to one of the problem businesses, where everything was peachy (at least as far as employees actually doing their damn jobs was concerned).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2009 April 02, 07:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bug was already fixed in latest update.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: 2009 April 02, 08:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, must have missed that one, thanks.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2009 April 15, 23:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm setting up a Victorian brothel and used the customer selector to allow straight AND male AND rich. Then I used the phone to hire employees. I could only get males. I tried hiring and firing. Still only males. I took the business owner sim home and tried there. I got an even(ish) balance of genders for hiring.

I haven't gone back to the business lot to try turning off the customer selector yet, I was just wondering whether this might be related. I will get back and test, but not today.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2009 April 16, 00:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely unrelated, the customer selector does not influence the hireable pool. Although by default, you only get one crappy selection of a small number of hireables at any given time. Shiftclick and hit "Reset" to see a new selection if the current pool is exceptionally suck or the cache is old.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2009 April 16, 00:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely unrelated, the customer selector does not influence the hireable pool. Although by default, you only get one crappy selection of a small number of hireables at any given time. Shiftclick and hit "Reset" to see a new selection if the current pool is exceptionally suck or the cache is old.

Reset on what? The hiring window/sims? I'll give it a go. Cheers.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: 2009 April 19, 11:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd presume he meads the item the thread is about.

Didn't know it could do that. I'll have to try it next time I run a business. I'd been resorting to hiring tours  to get a large selection  of hireables in a short period of time.

(Each community lot you visit will have a different selection of Sims hireable by cell phone (or computer, if the lot has one). This selection won't change until midnight passes on the home lot, so you can go to one lot, evaluate the hireables,  go to another lot, evaluate the hireables there,  and if nobody beats what you found on the first lot, you can return to that lot and hire from the pool you had when you were there first.)

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
spammer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2009 May 06, 19:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get an "too many iterations" error when I try to sell via the bry object.
Only occurs when the sim's got some more items in its inventory like 1000 or 2000.
Am I supposed to give some (300 or so) items to another sim and sell the items with that one?
Or is there the possibility to fix that error somehow?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: