More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:32:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!  (Read 351423 times)
V
Senator

View Profile
Re: Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!
« Reply #250 on: 2007 August 03, 13:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never really understood the pay scale methods on BRY so I just use the in-game method of clicking the petals until I see the reasonably happy face. Wink

It does seem as if the managers do get mad about their pay rather suddenly in the middle of the day, though. Until you mentioned it, though, I had supposed that was a feature.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2007 August 03, 13:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem I hit is if the manager is under control of BRY ('be salesperson'), it's hard to catch them in between actions to manually raise their pay before the action drops out of the owner's queue, and they're off to do something else. The businesses are usually at level 10 by the time I hire a manager, so they're pretty busy.  I suppose I could just cancel BRY on the manager and have him/her wait for the owner to trek across the lot to do the raise, but it does seem that the time between the pay suddenly becoming 'ridiculously underpaid' and the sim up and quitting is very short.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2007 August 03, 14:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need to physically bother the manager to raise his pay if you use the options on BRY itself to adjust his pay.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2007 August 03, 15:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need to physically bother the manager to raise his pay if you use the options on BRY itself to adjust his pay.

Well, yea, but see my problem message a couple up (last message on the previous page) -- the manager suddenly dropped from 'fairly paid' to 'ridiculously underpaid', and when I tried to use BRY to raise her salary enough, the raise-by-10 didn't work, and I couldn't get her up fast enough with the raise-by-5 to keep her from quiting.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2007 August 04, 07:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like you're missing the fix that was part of Relevant Wages which fixed a corrupted value. Note that if you JUST promoted the manager, his base wage demands go up by +70, which will not register until the game refreshes its cache values.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2007 August 04, 14:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like you're missing the fix that was part of Relevant Wages which fixed a corrupted value. Note that if you JUST promoted the manager, his base wage demands go up by +70, which will not register until the game refreshes its cache values.

Hmm, I thought I had the latest version in my game, but I'll re-download and refresh it.  And yea, that sounds like what happened -- I promoted the managers at the end of the previous session, so the jump in wages registered during the next session.

But why didn't BRY let me raise their wages +10 at a time?  When I clicked on that, it just went back to the previous menu without changing the wage. Or is that caused by the relevantwages corruption?

ETA: I re-downloaded relevantwages, and it's the same version I already had in my game (dated 04/05/07), so I don't think that was the problem.
« Last Edit: 2007 August 04, 15:13:33 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2007 August 04, 16:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you SURE it didn't allow you to use +10? Because that option is not a conditional option. Also, you can use it while the game is paused, so it doesn't require speed.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2007 August 04, 17:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you SURE it didn't allow you to use +10?

Yes -- I tried it multiple times, and all it did was return to the previous menu (the one with the employee's name) without changing her salary at all.  Clicking on +5 worked fine, and the menu went away after clicking on it. 

I did forget I could pause and it would still work, though.  Embarrassed

ETA: Ok, it gets weirder -- I tried it out last night just to confirm that +10 wasn't working, and it still wasn't.  So I tried the rest of the options, and found that +15 doesn't work either.  Nor did any of the - options other than -1.  So the only ones that worked for me are +5, +1, and -1.  Everything else just returned to the previous menu without changing the employee's salary.
« Last Edit: 2007 August 05, 13:10:22 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2007 August 06, 02:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not possible to "return to the previous menu" as a BHAV, so you must simply be fatfingering your mouse. The behavior you describe is not physically possible to do in a BHAV.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2007 August 06, 13:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yet it happens.  I'd say I was fat-fingering if it happened once, but it happens every single time. And with multiple values, as I said in my addition.

Well, it'll be a while before I cycle around to a lot that owns a business again, so I shan't be running into this problem again for a while.  When I do, I'll be extra careful to click on the exact center of the value box, and see whether the problem is me or something else.  Wink

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2007 August 07, 06:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it actually is happening, it's an issue unrelated to BRY itself, and represents either a bug in the core engine, a driver issue, or a hardware issue.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2007 August 07, 13:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, that's what I'm beginning to suspect, since no one else reported it.  So it could be the latest ATI drivers (7.6), which I upgraded to recently, or the latest mouse drivers (Logitech), which I just downloaded recently. My money right now is on the mouse, since it also has issues with clicking on the center button to change the view angle (as in, it doesn't work).

ETA: It was the mouse drivers -- a new version was posted about a week later and the problem is gone.

« Last Edit: 2007 August 19, 14:40:10 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2007 September 03, 09:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be a litle off, but it just ocurred to me how great the "asign work" funktion could be used. The "be janitor" option is good, but would it be to much to ask to include "be nanny" so we could use this fine tool to hire a nanny from the neighbourhood an even pay by hour a custom fee. Also "be entartainer" would be nice for clubs or even tell the employes of an brothel to do their job? ;-)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2007 September 03, 10:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be a litle off, but it just ocurred to me how great the "asign work" funktion could be used. The "be janitor" option is good, but would it be to much to ask to include "be nanny" so we could use this fine tool to hire a nanny from the neighbourhood an even pay by hour a custom fee.
Be Nanny is a nonfunction because it is not possible by default to hire a sim to be a nanny, as visitors do not count for the purposes of avoiding the SS. Meanwhile, the nanny itself basically has little or no jobs of real importance.

Also "be entartainer" would be nice for clubs or even tell the employes of an brothel to do their job? ;-)
The default game does not include any ability to carry out such a function. The only way such a thing can occur is through non-awesome third-party items. It is not our problem to figure out how these work and to make them function in businesses. Just leave the job unassigned.

trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2007 September 03, 13:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be Nanny is a nonfunction because it is not possible by default to hire a sim to be a nanny, as visitors do not count for the purposes of avoiding the SS. Meanwhile, the nanny itself basically has little or no jobs of real importance.
well the is also no janitor without the mod, or is there?
my idea was something like: home bussines. hire someone. use BRY to tell him/her "be nanny", set salary. Then whenever you need a nany, summon an watch. But of course im not awesome so I´m not sure one would be able to leave the kids alone with such a nanyy, know thart you mention it...
Also "be entartainer" would be nice for clubs or even tell the employes of an brothel to do their job? ;-)
The default game does not include any ability to carry out such a function. The only way such a thing can occur is through non-awesome third-party items. It is not our problem to figure out how these work and to make them function in businesses. Just leave the job unassigned.
nay, nothin non awesome. Just ACR, wich works great, but I would like to tell the employes to go be friendly with the customers.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2007 September 03, 14:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a "Tidy Up" task. Also, Janitorial duties are a well-defined set of tasks that exist in the core game, and thus an AI routine can be written for it. Prostitution, on the other hand, lacks this sort of algorithmic specification to it.

nay, nothin non awesome. Just ACR, wich works great, but I would like to tell the employes to go be friendly with the customers.
ACR is non-Awesome. I don't have it, and there's no defined rule by what procedure should be performed. Thus, no algorithm defining this job.

trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2007 September 03, 16:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A i get it. Then it may be easier to to it on the side of ACR, asking the wrong person then.

just noticed twojeffs is gone, thats what happens if one blinks... Is all his work to be considered non-awesome then?
Well it was worth a try.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2007 September 03, 16:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly, Twojeffs has failed us. You must not!

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2007 September 03, 21:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a "Tidy Up" task. Also, Janitorial duties are a well-defined set of tasks that exist in the core game, and thus an AI routine can be written for it. Prostitution, on the other hand, lacks this sort of algorithmic specification to it.

ACR is non-Awesome. I don't have it, and there's no defined rule by what procedure should be performed. Thus, no algorithm defining this job.

Don't underestimate your equipment, IIRC autosoc has an auto-romanticate option which would serve in a pinch.  Or, at least it used to.  I haven't used it in a long while.  I personally wouldn't want this, but there aren't many things in TS2 which cannot be beaten into submission by the big club of macrotastics + BRY.

However, BRY seems to be borken for servos.  Not sure whether it was the latest update or the one before, but it now sends servos to clean showers.  It only seems to happen if the shower is the second object in the cleaning queue or later, and oddly enough it doesn't happen with macro-clean; only with Be Farmer-directed maintenance.

As ever, I double-checked with only Awesome hacks and an otherwise empty DL folder.
ApatiaMax
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2007 December 16, 08:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

REQUIRES:
autosoc.zip
autoyak.zip
bathroomusesyou.zip
macrotastics.zip
skillinator.zip

suggested or needed ?
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2007 December 16, 09:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

REQUIRES:
autosoc.zip
autoyak.zip
bathroomusesyou.zip
macrotastics.zip
skillinator.zip

suggested or needed ?
REQUIRES:
Breakdown of requirements:

Autosoc: Necessary for on-lot socialization.
Autoyak: Necessary for off-lot (phone) socialization.
BUY: Necessary for hygiene and bladder handling.
Macrotastics: Provides the commands for BRY to use.
Skillinator: Merged with Macrotastics.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: 2008 January 22, 22:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Small & irritating problem. I have food theives thanks to BRY. I have a restaurant come bookstore that is BRYed, and it's all well & good, except that bry is making two of my guys steal customers food & eat it rather than grab what's in their inventories or use the mini fridge provided.

Hunger is at about halfway when this happens, usually, although I have also seen it happen with hunger of 75% full or more.

I am running all eps + ffs + gls. The only food hacks I have are dizzy's & moragues even more filling muffins & single serve desserts.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2008 January 23, 02:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's strange. I thought there was code to explicitly exclude customer food from grabbage. I will look into this at the next opportunity.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2008 January 23, 10:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time i've seen BRY make my employees eat customer's food, is when the customers are done eating and there is food left on the plate.
   This happens when i send a playalbe on a date to another playable's owned business. 
   Once i get a restraraunt started, i rarely play that business lot tho, no Pets/BV.  I'll test and see if that happens for Seasons.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2008 January 23, 10:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time i've seen BRY make my employees eat customer's food, is when the customers are done eating and there is food left on the plate.
This happens when i send a playalbe on a date to another playable's owned business.
Noted. Will also disable the Ethiopian Manuever for employees of current lot, even if not currently played.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: