More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:06:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!  (Read 351426 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!
« Reply #200 on: 2007 March 31, 09:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK I made sure all the controllers - bathroom, business and security - are seated properly with move-objects OFF

I also removed the small wall at the bottom of the downstairs, because it didn't enclose a separate room. I still have a stuck sim. I forced an error on the BRY controller.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 31, 10:01:54 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2007 March 31, 10:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted an error on the bathroom controller, not the Hammer and Sickle.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2007 March 31, 10:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh god - that's my BRY / BUY senility again. OK. Got it. Bathroom controller. Tomorrow.

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2007 March 31, 23:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"BUY = Bathroom Uses You; BRY = Business Runs You... You probably already knew that but you said "... bathroom uses you and BUY..." so I figured I would mention it for you.  ;-)" - V

Cheers V, it was late and I was confused, obviously. I even tried it out in my head and thought, that's odd, why would JM name both things BUY?  Roll Eyes I kept thinking Business Uses You.

If you like the business I could package and upload for you.

All right, Witch, you completely defeat the purpose of the tiny print if you announce it loudly in the next post! Wink

And I do like your lot. If you don't mind packaging it, I would really like to add it to my new business neighborhood.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2007 April 01, 00:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was supposed to be tiny print?  It looked normal to me.  Huh
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2007 April 01, 06:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's too many hours in front of a monitor - it's given you xray vision.

PS Though I guess these days it would be macro-vision.  Grin

Hopefully I'll get to fire the game up tonight, package the lot and generate an error log on the bathroom controller. Otherwise it may be next weekend for the lot.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 01, 06:09:48 by witch » Logged

Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2007 April 01, 08:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

isn't macrovision a supplier of copy-protection techniques?

prattle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2007 April 02, 01:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

isn't macrovision a supplier of copy-protection techniques?
Yes; among other annoyances, Macrovision makes Safedisc, which doesn't actually keep anyone from being able to pirate the Sims but is a good target to curse out when your legitimately obtained CD won't read.  Undecided
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2007 April 02, 07:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. File 1.txt is the upstairs bathroom controller. I'm not sure the sim was genuinely stuck.

I did notice that often when a sim became stuck, there was another sim using the staff bathroom. There was no little 'wait' timer icon above the stuck sim's head though.

2.txt is the controller in the upstairs bathroom on another occasion.

3.txt is the controller in the downstairs bathroom the vamp uses.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 02, 22:09:38 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2007 April 02, 22:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We still can't find any apparent reason for this. Try another error on another sim that faceplants into that door somehow. What task is your sim assigned to, and what skills and personality does he have?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2007 April 04, 09:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I do like your lot. If you don't mind packaging it, I would really like to add it to my new business neighborhood.

Your wish is my command. Fresh and Fruity.

Also, I packaged up the house the vamp & plantsim live in. Out of Africa. (Sims not included).

And now that I've finished touting my lots, I return you to the regular programme.  Cool

Seriously JM, I'll get a chance to play tomorrow night, so if I still get stuck sims I'll generate some more error logs.

ETA: and make sim notes.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2007 April 07, 04:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. First off, I was going to report back about the sims who were getting stuck in front of the basement door. I updated some of your hacks and the other night I only got one stuck sim. He was the janitor, so I gave him an override to go down, he went and cleaned the basement bathroom. After I updated the hacks, I also deleted and replaced the various controllers, then reset them. I'm just about to have another session there, so I'll see if anyone still gets stuck.

Which brings me to the new problem. I have three farmers milling round in a garden plot  in the greenhouse, where peppers need to be harvested and they can't do a thing. They keep turning around in circles and generally wandering aimlessly. Error log attached.

ETA: This is with the BRY from 6/4/07, freshly downloaded before booting the game.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 07, 10:11:32 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2007 April 07, 10:11:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. First off, I was going to report back about the sims who were getting stuck in front of the basement door. I updated some of your hacks and the other night I only got one stuck sim. He was the janitor, so I gave him an override to go down, he went and cleaned the basement bathroom. After I updated the hacks, I also deleted and replaced the various controllers, then reset them. I'm just about to have another session there, so I'll see if anyone still gets stuck.
Uh, yeah, the Janitor would need keys and a service entrance to all bathrooms so he can clean them. The code has no way of knowing whether the route is clear.

Which brings me to the new problem. I have three farmers milling round in a garden plot  in the greenhouse, where peppers need to be harvested and they can't do a thing. They keep turning around in circles and generally wandering aimlessly. Error log attached.
Known issue fixed in updated Macrotastics. Constant tweaking of gardening is currently in progress already.

breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2007 April 07, 12:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, progress! I was happily pleased last night watching one of my "grunts" move to an apple tree with the command "sell fruit" going. Later I noticed eight apples in his inventory, so may I ask: is there a specific sell/harvest ratio? And will gardening sims also take care of selling vegetables?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2007 April 07, 22:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM - just had a thought about the milling gardeners from last night. I'm running patched seasons - what about Nec, V & you?

ETA: I tried again today. I freshly downloaded gpsign and fruitbowl, macrotastics, BRY and BUY. I also added phonehack & the talk module without checking for new one. (So I could get selected sims in the Taxi!)

When I tried Be Farmer today, they first swarmed the new planting patch & all planting went well. I had five family sims & a couple of employees going. When they finished the planting they looked for other work. Only my vamp went to harvest, but started turning in circles. An employee went to harvest the peppers and the same thing happened. So, no swarming to harvest, but harvest still not working.

Do I need the fruitbowl on the lot for harvest to work?

I forced an error on Africa, then made her Be Farmer again, then forced an error again when she started spinning round.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 30, 01:56:43 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2007 April 08, 18:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Seasons is not patched at this time.

I created a pretty large farm with trees and gardens for a sim that I cloned from the gardener, Leo. He hadn't been tending it very long before he became a plant sim. Then I had him spawn 4 children and when they grew up one of them spawned 3 more (those are still toddlers).

When I was playing yesterday three of the grown plantsims got stuck in the same patch of the garden. There didn't seem to be anything that needed doing in that patch of garden; the only option that came up for any of the plants near them was "Talk To"

I paused the game, cancelled the "Macro...Garden" command, told them "Go there" to separate spots in the orchard that needed attention and then set the Macro...Garden command again. As soon as I unpaused, they ran right back to that patch of garden and started milling around again. I gave them a minute to see if they would quit it. Then I cancelled Macro...Garden again and commanded each of them to separate specific tasks in the orchard and queued the Macro...Garden for after those tasks. They finished their tasks and did not return to the garden until it actually needed something.

I only mention this here because Witch mentioned it first. It didn't occur to me that this would have something to do with BRY.

I have most of the FFS hacks. I play with testing cheats enabled and there were no error logs created when this happened.

Oh, and Thanks Witch for the great looking lot. I am going to try that tonight!
« Last Edit: 2007 April 08, 19:02:40 by V » Logged

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2007 April 08, 21:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not patched, for the record. The latest version of macrotastics that was updated earlier today seems to have stopped the harvest shuffle. The giant garden runs like a well-oiled machine now. Yay!
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2007 April 08, 23:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And here I thought I had found a needed solution!  Cheesy
After experimenting with 4x3 orchards, I had switched to 3x3 ones, with a Ladybug central on the middle, and found the routing problem completely gone. You say it's not necessary to tone down on orchard size, Nec?
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2007 April 09, 00:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, the problem was with the garden plots. I did not have that problem with the orchard tree, but.I haven't been on an orchard lot that is ready to harvest since the update, so I can't say for sure, however. Probably sometime later this evening I will, and will post results in this post as an edit, unless you get to if faster. Tongue
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2007 April 13, 12:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a error on one of my playable Sims at a owned Community Lot. Log Attached. His Name is Vincent.The Sim who let Vincent error out is Harvey a Gardenclub Member one of the Sims who swarm over the lot whit the notepad and say nothing. It is enough to hover over Harvey to get the reset on Vincent.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 13, 12:55:26 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2007 April 13, 12:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your problem is completely unrelated and is apparently the Work of the Non-Awesome. It's dying in a check tree for a business social, which has nothing to do with anything Awesome, as nothing Awesome is known to modify that.

babygurl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2007 April 28, 03:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if the business runs you could assign employees to "be instructor". This would be useful for my apocalypse survival lot. I am hoping to assign employees as instructors and have my visiting sims macro the body skill. Is this possible?
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2007 May 29, 23:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm currently having a problem with BRU.  I have a staff room set up for the employees.  Table with 4 chairs, and a couch.  There is also a coffee machine for them.  The problem i'm having is seats are becoming "corrupted/unusable".  I have a pretty good idea whats happening.   A sim normally gets coffee, pulls out a dining chair and sits in the chair at an angle, then when done, gets up and pushes the chair back.  With BRU they are sitting, drinking the coffee, then BRU seems to be forcing them back to work and the seat is not resetting to be usable again. Both the couches and dining chairs are having this happen, but with the dining chairs it's more easy to spot. If the chair is at an angle when they get up and leave, it's unusable after that. I can't tell for sure yet, but it also looks like it may be active sims that are causing the problem. They seem to run around for everything.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2007 May 30, 01:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect this may be a Maxis issue that is being made more apparent by high usage, but I will look into this.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2007 May 30, 02:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole unusable chair deal happens in Uni, too, and it is annoying as hell.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: