More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:33:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!  (Read 351394 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!
« Reply #175 on: 2006 December 31, 12:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I have APO I'm just lazy about setting it up, I'll use it on business lots from now on. Goopy was the worst offender, even when he actually left the lot, he'd return again within a short time.

The sim tonight who wouldn't do sales? There were other salespeople operating and finding new customers during this time. Could it be his personality didn't gell with any of the customers? There were generally 3-4 at any one time with bars above their heads.

I didn't know that BUY calculates which customers need sales, that's useful in understanding why the salespeople leave some customers alone.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2007 March 07, 19:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

whats the reason that you can't make your own sim "be salesperson" unless you get a gold badge?
its a pain in the butt to train my own sims manually while i can train my employee by just assign them to be the salesperson regardless of sales skill
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2007 March 07, 20:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

whats the reason that you can't make your own sim "be salesperson" unless you get a gold badge?
its a pain in the butt to train my own sims manually while i can train my employee by just assign them to be the salesperson regardless of sales skill
Because without a gold badge, sims cannot actually effectively run sales. Employees can be assigned such, but BRY will simply ignore them and let them run crappy Maxis code until they get that gold badge. Nothing worthwhile will actually be sold until then, however. Your sims, however, cannot run this code. There are, however, Skillinator codes aimed at acquiring this badge.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2007 March 08, 15:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Monique's custom computers (over on MTS2) have a 'study at home' option where sims can use the computer to study for the badges.  Pretty handy when you have a sim you know will eventually have a business (or has just started one), and can walk in with gold badges for cashier, sales, and stocking. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2007 March 08, 22:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think this is a bug.
but "be farmer" is not working, the sim (with gold badge in gardening) just walks around the plants without doing anything, they sometimes talk to the plants, but other than that, they never tend or spray
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2007 March 09, 01:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think this is a bug.
but "be farmer" is not working, the sim (with gold badge in gardening) just walks around the plants without doing anything, they sometimes talk to the plants, but other than that, they never tend or spray
This feature is being looked into. Currently, non-robot, non-teen, non-YA, non-Plant sims cannot spray, because this would turn them into plants. This restriction will be relaxed for non-playables in the next version. They should, however, still tend or talk to. Be sure it's not a vampire trying to tend an outdoor plant during the day, or other things like that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2007 March 09, 02:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So robots can be vampires and werewolves, but not plants? They both run on sunlight, but I can see how the water need would be hard. Hilarious, though.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2007 March 09, 04:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vampires can be plantsims, but vampires fry in the sun.  Someone asked about this in the Maxis chat, and they said that could be a little challenging, but vampire plantsims can sit under a sunlamp indoors.  Roll Eyes
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2007 March 09, 04:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vampires can be plantsims, but vampires fry in the sun.  Someone asked about this in the Maxis chat, and they said that could be a little challenging, but vampire plantsims can sit under a sunlamp indoors.  Roll Eyes

If you're gardening in the greenhouse with those lamps up, that sounds like they'd make a good gardener, assuming their motives freeze at night like normal vamps..

INFP or something
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2007 March 09, 09:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the gardeners i used are humans and plantsims
all with gold badge in garden
they just walk around and talk to the plant, but they don't seem to tend at all
even when they are not doing anything
most of the time they just walk from plant A to plant B back and forth back and forth
a friend of mine has the same problem in his game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2007 March 09, 10:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issue should be fixed by new Macrotastics.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2007 March 28, 11:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple of problems with BRY.

When the staff are busy and I make my playable sim 'ring up these customers', if then BRY assigns someone to the till, my sim freezes and never completes the transaction. Then the sim is stuck and it seems to corrupt the till too.

Second problem is a combo of the security system, bathroom uses you and BRY I think. The owner of this store is a vampire, so I created a hidey hole for her during the day. There is one door that accesses the basement. In that room I have the security controller set to deny everyone except the vamp who is on override. This is the access to downstairs.

There is a bathroom in the basement, the bathroom controller is set to deny employees and visitors.

But the staff keep standing outside the basement door, frozen, I can't break and tell them to do anything else.

There is a staff bathroom attached to the lunchroom but no door through from the basement access - there was originally and I thought that was the problem, but the staff still keep standing by the door.

Edit: To fix the BUYs into BRYs. For the cognoscenti.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 28, 21:33:20 by witch » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2007 March 28, 11:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next time you see this happening, force an error, attach the log.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2007 March 28, 11:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Force an error on the stuck staff member? Sure - only I thought that overrode the problem in the log? I've finished for tonight but will upload a log in the morning.

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2007 March 28, 13:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like your rickety stairs leading down to the basement. Also the general rustic atmosphere of your vampire's business is very appealing.

BUY = Bathroom Uses You; BRY = Business Runs You... You probably already knew that but you said "... bathroom uses you and BUY..." so I figured I would mention it for you.  ;-)

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2007 March 28, 19:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"BUY = Bathroom Uses You; BRY = Business Runs You... You probably already knew that but you said "... bathroom uses you and BUY..." so I figured I would mention it for you.  ;-)" - V

Cheers V, it was late and I was confused, obviously. I even tried it out in my head and thought, that's odd, why would JM name both things BUY?  Roll Eyes I kept thinking Business Uses You.

If you like the business I could package and upload for you.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2007 March 28, 21:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, there's an error log attached as per request.

Second here are more layout pics of 'Fresh'n'Fruity'. I must say, I don't know if a farming business is viable. Three trees worth of oranges sold out in about 3-4 sim hours.

« Last Edit: 2007 March 29, 21:45:40 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2007 March 29, 21:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, there's an error log attached as per request.

Second here are more layout pics of 'Fresh'n'Fruity'. I must say, I don't know if a farming business is viable. Three trees worth of oranges sold out in about 3-4 sim hours.
You call *3* trees a farm? Psssh. Try 30-50 trees!

I was not able to locate anything interesting in the log. Next time this happens, force an error on the controller itself, instead of the sim, and attach that log also. Also verify that your controllers are correctly mounted on the walls and not illegally mounted with move_objects.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 29, 21:48:25 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2007 March 29, 22:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll also move the security controller - it is above the stairs and Maxian logic doesn't always recognise this as part of the room - wallpaper doesn't change in that spot.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2007 March 30, 04:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also verify that your controllers are correctly mounted on the walls and not illegally mounted with move_objects.

Could you please explain the logistics behind the rule "do not mount controllers illegally"?

Would it cause a problem if controllers were mounted normally and lights, awards, etc were placed in the same space with 'moveobjects on'?

In a business I often find the need to place lights and controllers in the same wall space to have the controllers in a place that is easily clickable without blocking the view of something behind it that I might feel the need to click on, and to save wall real estate which could be used to sell paintings. I hate ceiling lights as I am always clicking on them accidently. I used to use Inge's ceiling light hider, but it seems that some of the light comes from the actual mesh and hiding the mesh diminishes the room light.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2007 March 30, 07:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the invisible recolor on many of my business lots, and most often use ctrl+alt to place it over the open close sign (legally), or I place it directly above the island counter against the wall, close to where the register is placed. Or, I place it next to a painting or light fixture, rather than over...above a stereo, etc. Basically, I place it next to, or above something I can remember where it is.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2007 March 30, 07:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you please explain the logistics behind the rule "do not mount controllers illegally"?
Mounting BUY in an "illegal" place such as hovering in the air can confuse it as to what room it is in. The Hammer and Sickle is indifferent to location, though, and doesn't care where in the world you place it.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2007 March 30, 14:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the invisible recolor on many of my business lots, and most often use ctrl+alt to place it over the open close sign (legally), or I place it directly above the island counter against the wall, close to where the register is placed. Or, I place it next to a painting or light fixture, rather than over...above a stereo, etc. Basically, I place it next to, or above something I can remember where it is.
Where did you get the invisible recolor?  Did you make it yourself or get it from somewhere?
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2007 March 30, 17:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quaerendo invenietis.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2007 March 30, 18:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks breyerii. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: