More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:54:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!  (Read 351397 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!
« on: 2006 April 04, 21:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Soviet Russia, you do not take break, break takes YOU! And you do not run business, business runs YOU!

businessrunsyou.zip

REQUIRES:
autosoc.zip
autoyak.zip
bathroomusesyou.zip
macrotastics.zip
skillinator.zip

In Soviet Russia, Business Runs You! v0.6b for TS2OFBp0 - TS2OFBp1
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)
Mesh By: Inge the Round Mound of Gray Fatness

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

FEATURES:
In Soviet Russia, you do not run business, business runs YOU!

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested for TS2OFBp1.
Requires all previous FFS controllers.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 06, 14:48:40 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Business Controller: Business Runs YOU!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 04, 21:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to say THANK YOU for this new hack! And yes, I am  fully aware of the new Thanks buttons. Tongue
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 04, 21:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose the only way to find out how this works is to play the game.  I presume there is something to click on?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 04, 22:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose the only way to find out how this works is to play the game.  I presume there is something to click on?
There is, but all the options are rather self-explanatory to me and none of them need to actually be touched. Just have all of the relevant things in place and watch magic happen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 04, 22:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have questions, but I guess I should try it out before I bug you about it...................however, what new options were added to the FFS Lot Debugger since I see its been updated.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 04, 22:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh!!! I've been waiting for this for ages! Kiss Off to try it out.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 04, 22:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question:  Is this version different than the test version I already have?
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 05, 00:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tested this hack with a home business.  I keep getting multiple errors referencing "Visit Controller" (see attached log) popping up literally every few seconds.  I get these errors whether the business is open or closed, it doesn't seem to matter.  I have never seen this error before today so I figure it is probably related to this hack.  I didn't test with the "business uses you" object removed from the lot to see if the error still occurred.  I am running all the latest versions of macrotastics, bathroomusesyou, skillinator, etc.

On the bright side, I like the new "Be Restocker" option.  I'm sure it will come in very handy.

Karen
« Last Edit: 2006 April 05, 06:30:33 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 05, 06:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tested this hack with a home business.  I keep getting multiple errors referencing "Visit Controller" (see attached log) popping up literally every few seconds.
That bug is actually Phone Hack related. It is fixed. Go get the update.

Question:  Is this version different than the test version I already have?
Yes, this is newer than Fat Head Edition.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 05, 11:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this should be posted here or in the Macrotastics thread, but I noticed that Macro...Be Salesperson is now showing up even on home lots that don't have a business, and on business lots when the business is closed.

Karen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 05, 11:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this should be posted here or in the Macrotastics thread, but I noticed that Macro...Be Salesperson is now showing up even on home lots that don't have a business, and on business lots when the business is closed.
Will be fixed in next AutoSoc update. Option should still appear when business is closed, since it is now a stationkeeping mode like Power Idle.

Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 05, 15:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where is the Be Restocker option?  And how does this affect employee breaks?  Do business owners still have to tell employees to take a break and they're just coming back quickly or the employees take the break when they need it automatically?

Mooooo
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 05, 16:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got errors with Employees multiple paid on two different Lots with different Owners  logs attached. Please help i dont know what causes this. Have the new  "Business Runs You"  on the Lots. All relatet hacks updatet also.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 05, 17:09:43 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 05, 16:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where is the Be Restocker option?  And how does this affect employee breaks?  Do business owners still have to tell employees to take a break and they're just coming back quickly or the employees take the break when they need it automatically?

Restocker option is in "business" menue on the sim, and you have to send your employee to pause he get back to work after he got green moods
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 05, 17:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got errors with Employees multiple paid on two different Lots with different Owners  logs attached. Please help i dont know what causes this. Have the new  "Business Runs You"  on the Lots. All relatet hacks updatet also.
This problem is not related to Business Runs You. Your problem is caused by by something which appears to be non-awesome. Employees cannot be employees on multiple lots with different owners, so whatever you're doing is clearly not-awesome.

Business owners may tell an employee to take a break, whereupon they will do so, and once everything addressable is addressed, they will return to work. If an employee stops working due to motives, he will take a now-automated break and then return to work on his own automatically rather than goofing off until yelled at.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 05, 17:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This problem is not related to Business Runs You. Your problem is caused by by something which appears to be non-awesome. Employees cannot be employees on multiple lots with different owners, so whatever you're doing is clearly not-awesome.

My employees are not on more then one  lot employees.
wombat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 05, 17:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool stuff. Question, could LilAbner still add swedish translations to the awesome hacks? Reason I'm wondering is that the phones and business options duplicate, both a Ring and a Call pie menu option cluttering up the place.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 05, 18:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool stuff. Question, could LilAbner still add swedish translations to the awesome hacks? Reason I'm wondering is that the phones and business options duplicate, both a Ring and a Call pie menu option cluttering up the place.
I haven't seen him in ages. If someone would like to volunteer extra-language translations, feel free.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 05, 18:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This works great. Very little attention needs to be payed to, well, anyone.

Question: Would this prevent interactions with the reporter NPC? I had one pop into the shop and do that stupid "I don't know where anything is" action and when I tried to "May I help you?" it would immediately drop out of the que. At the time that this happened, there were no other salespeople on site.

Instant gratification takes too long.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 05, 18:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. An interesting possibility. I believe that might actually be an odd side effect eliminated in the next version, because I noticed this also, but it went away a few updates later in testing.

wombat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 April 05, 19:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen him in ages. If someone would like to volunteer extra-language translations, feel free.

I volunteer mine, although I'm not sure most swedes would agree that Färdighetsfiffla is a good translation for Skillinate. How would I go about making translations?
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 April 06, 12:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to load it into SimPE.  You should see an item in the package which reads 'Pie Menu Strings' - to add a translation, you want to check the box which says 'Show Default for Comparison' if English is the default language, and then choose the desired language from the drop-down menu.

When you have the right one picked out, you should notice that it is presently devoid of menu strings.

Of course, there are other texty bits which may need to be translated (such as messages which are sent to the user via message box) but these follow a similar pattern.

wombat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 April 06, 12:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Done so, written in most of the texts, just working on sleepclock and waiting for a brainstorm on Power Idle (Been using Supersysslolös, but it doesn't have quite the ring to it). Then some spellchecking to avoid public humiliation. And then how to send them on their merry way?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 April 06, 13:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Loading into SimPE won't actually get me those changes for official incorporation, so it's best if you send them as a flat text file for cutting and pasting, simply in the order they were listed.

wombat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 April 06, 13:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Färdighetsfiffla it is, although I'm open to suggestions and/or complaints.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 02, 21:27:16 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: