More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 01:40:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Anti Business Decay
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anti Business Decay  (Read 56612 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Anti Business Decay
« on: 2006 April 04, 21:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

antibusinessdecay.zip

Anti Business Decay for TS2OFBp0 - TS2OFBp1
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

FEATURES:
Businesses no longer steadily become worthless as long as you check in.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested for TS2OFBp1.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
webwench
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Anti Business Decay
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 05, 00:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey JM, is this the same as the one we were testing?  Do I need to find, kill, and replace?
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 05, 01:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this comply with the 9-day cut off or override it (9-day cut-off being that your Sim's business stops making money after 9 days if they haven't been into the business since)?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 05, 07:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, what I saw is that there appears to be a "day counter". Since this hack simply makes it so the "day counter" is not incremented at all if you checked in, it should keep going after 9 days. In theory.

And yes, this is the same one, stamped for release since nobody reported anything broken.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
webwench
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 05, 12:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yey JM!  TwoJeffs has officially lost my luv in favor of you Smiley
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 05, 18:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for this.  So much more realistic!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 08, 19:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this in and on the one day I remembered to get Malcolm Landgraab to check his business (can be forgiven for the third, he got married and was away on honeymoon) it said his business did well and sent in "0" today.  I never know whether that means customers or what, but anyway 0 doesn't seem to fit with "did well".  He appeared to earn $100, as that flashed-up as the panel appeared, but for all I know it could have been a visitor who just happened to stop playing the piano at the same time.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 08, 23:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Malcolm Landgraab's businesses kinda suck, so it's possible that despite no-decay and checking in, your business didn't earn a profit anyway.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 09, 01:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, his electronics store is hit-or-miss on whether he has a good day or not, but I've gotten his nightclub pretty successful by making a few changes, such as adding a pool table and bubble machine, and replacing the karioke machine with a piano.  I also replaced the kitchen with one of Paladin's automatic buffet counters, and charge $25 a pop for food, and he makes a decent profit there in a couple of hours now.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 09, 08:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, his electronics store is hit-or-miss on whether he has a good day or not, but I've gotten his nightclub pretty successful by making a few changes, such as adding a pool table and bubble machine, and replacing the karioke machine with a piano.  I also replaced the kitchen with one of Paladin's automatic buffet counters, and charge $25 a pop for food, and he makes a decent profit there in a couple of hours now.
Hmm. My results are exactly the opposite, that the club makes a marginal profit which has yet to offset the expense of upgrading it, whereas the Electronics Store was mostly functional and makes a fairly decent profit once you set the prices so you're not selling things at a loss!

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 09, 12:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, well, different strokes for different folks and all that. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Final Warrior
Blathering Buffoon

A Bastard and a Half

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 09, 18:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made roughly thirty million using a bunch of Snapdragons, chairs, a small TV, an assload of caffeine, and two Sims, one using rally forth. And a bunch of other stuff to keep my Sims' moods up.

Really hard to set up, but when you're charging around ten Sims $19,999 per hour to watch TV, you're gonna make a very nice profit.

-- Griffinhart

PS. THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU for this mod. X3
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 10, 05:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made roughly thirty million using a bunch of Snapdragons, chairs, a small TV, an assload of caffeine, and two Sims, one using rally forth. And a bunch of other stuff to keep my Sims' moods up.

Really hard to set up, but when you're charging around ten Sims $19,999 per hour to watch TV, you're gonna make a very nice profit.
Heh, that's a really broken use of hourly pricing. Tongue

Final Warrior
Blathering Buffoon

A Bastard and a Half

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 30, 03:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that's a really broken use of hourly pricing. Tongue

Of course. Games are meant to be taken advantage of, aren't they?

And my record using the above method got me roughly 7 or 8 million in a single day (24 hours) with only 4 or 5 sims, or something. S'awesome!

Or have I been playing too many H-games again?

-- Griffinhart
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 30, 04:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And my record using the above method got me roughly 7 or 8 million in a single day (24 hours)
So what are your sims planning to do with all that money?  Huh
Final Warrior
Blathering Buffoon

A Bastard and a Half

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 30, 04:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Passing it (and the ten commercial lots they own) down through the family lines...

I'm planning a not-so-hostile takeover of Pleasantview, Downtown, University, and Bluewater.

That way, everyone who's part of the Griffinhart family knows everyone else. And all the commercial lots will be owned by us.

Yeah, we're gonna become some sort of super-old-money family. Woots.

-- Griffinhart
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 14, 04:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I don't understand this and the other business mods I'm using from here (and only from here), but I'm not so sure this is working right. Most likely I'm doing something wrong.

I started 2 businesses and once I had them up to level 10 I started checking in from home. But each day they have made a little less than the day before. The oddest part is that they are making the same amount or almost the same as each other. 

These numbers are not exact, but it went something like this:

Bus 1     Bus2
3215        10   (ran over and changed stuff at bus 2 and worked a few more days)
2586     2586
2254     2254
1956     1958

So is it supposed to be like this? There was one day I forgot to check in, so I expected penalization for that, but is it an accumulative penalty?

These are my business mods:

anti business decay
business runs you
remote business fix
finish at register fix
missing manager fix
no lame hires
no offer cheap
no playable shoppers
relevant wages
remote business fix
swindlers list

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 14, 09:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not supposed to get any decay, provided you check in every day. However, if it decays, you'll get an accumulating penalty. The Lot Debugger has an option to reset all the decays and get your base amount back, in case you were previously bitten by the decay bug.

nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 17, 21:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not supposed to get any decay, provided you check in every day. However, if it decays, you'll get an accumulating penalty. The Lot Debugger has an option to reset all the decays and get your base amount back, in case you were previously bitten by the decay bug.

Oh good, I didn't know that.  I missed one day and don't want to have to go back to my bakery to get the amount back up again.  What is this option called?  I've never seen it before?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 17, 22:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's in "Business". If you don't see it, you don't have the problem. Decay is only 50% what it was pre-Maxis, so you only have a 50/50 shot of actually getting a decay marker even if you missed the check.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 January 26, 10:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want any decay at all - it's going to be the trustworthy owner's son managing the business and the dad has retired and doesn't want to bother phoning in.  Is there something I can tweak in the anti-decay to make the business just go on earning daily?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 January 26, 11:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just look for where I call 1d2 and relink the result accordingly to bypass.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 January 26, 12:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: