More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 23:26:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Puddle Rage
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Puddle Rage  (Read 27869 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
No Puddle Rage
« on: 2005 November 29, 14:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eliminates the furiousness resulting from puddles. Because you get the dumbest results from it. Like a sim throwing a water balloon at another sim, both of them laughing, and then the thrower becoming furious at the target when he then cleans up the puddle.

OFB: nopuddlerage.zip
NL: nopuddlerage.zip

No Puddle Rage for TS2OFB p0
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!
In Memoriam: Dizzy

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Neat Sims no longer become irrationally furious at someone when told to clean a
puddle (right after enthusiastically cheering, at that!). Game apparently does
not distinguish terribly well between puddles of pee, puddles from water
balloons (which were thrown by the sim in the first place!), puddles from
showers, puddles from puddles...

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. For TS2OFB p0.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 16, 03:10:25 by BlueSoup » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
Re: No Puddle Rage
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 29, 14:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God Yes!  finally that is fixed.... I've been avoiding pranking because of the stupidness.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 29, 23:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although this feature sounds cool -- what household drama is more common than the slob/neatfreak tension? -- the way it's implememented is, er, stupid. I don't know how the game tags puddle ownership, but I don't think it tags puddle type. Shower = water balloon = pee. Holdover from the way Sims 1 handled it, although I *think* there was a hack that "fixed" it so that pee was yellow. And then, in the second version, so that only pee was yellow.

"Puddle rage" sounds kinda nifty, though. Like what some easily annoyed, very small pirate might get.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 30, 05:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there is actually a yellow pee hack for TS2, but it severely breaks NL for some reason and I don't know if it ever got updated. I think it was on MTS2 somewhere.

I wonder if this is the reason for the totally mysterious furiousnesses I'm finding in my game.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 01, 03:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a funny one.  At a Sorority,the Cow threw a balloon at a sister.  No one cleaned it up--it was on the lawn.  A different sister comes home from a date and goes straight over to the puddle to clean it up and gets furious at---the gardener??? because it was on the grass I guess--the gardner wasn't even there that day.  Go figure.
TheSimaniac
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 21, 21:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they wanted the gardener dead (I need to get LOADS of posts, if ur wonderin, but failin miserably)?
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 21, 21:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they wanted the gardener dead (I need to get LOADS of posts, if ur wonderin, but failin miserably)?

Why? The only reward you get for massive post counts is ripped lips and alliterative insults.

I saw the yellow pee hack once. I seem to remember something about Inge being involved, helping the person with how to clone an object. Turned pee into an entirely seperate thing, which would probably explain why NL broke it. Not an elegant hack.

I had a funny one.  At a Sorority,the Cow threw a balloon at a sister.  No one cleaned it up--it was on the lawn.  A different sister comes home from a date and goes straight over to the puddle to clean it up and gets furious at---the gardener??? because it was on the grass I guess--the gardner wasn't even there that day.  Go figure.

How'd you get your sims to clean up a puddle on the grass? I thought they weren't supposed to do that.

There's some serious weirdness in the furious system. That may turn into a project one of these days. Not that I don't have enough. But my Novel in a Month insanity will be over on the 31st, and then I'll need something equally random to occupy my time. And I've been meaning to learn Simantics for ages. Right after I learn Java . . . and finish my conlang . . . and write the three zillion other novels I've worked on at various times . . . and take over the world . . . and get back into martial arts . . . and . . . yeah. Yay for being an INTP.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 22, 08:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How'd you get your sims to clean up a puddle on the grass? I thought they weren't supposed to do that.

I've been able to get them to by using the Macrotastics 'clean' right after they make the puddle. I have the hack that lets male Sims use the bushes whenever they like, and sometimes in poor houses with overloaded single bathrooms it's very useful, but the resulting puddles are annoying. The macro works nicely to make them clean it up, since you can't click on it directly.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 08, 20:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She cleaned up the puddle on her own.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 08, 20:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is actually a yellow pee hack for TS2, but it severely breaks NL for some reason and I don't know if it ever got updated

It's been fixed.

http://charlotte.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=88490
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 09, 05:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I for one, am rather amused when grandma pees herself and everyone becomes furious  Cool
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 09, 06:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that Nina Caliente never got annoyed with Don when she cleaned up his endless shower puddles and put it down to her having 3 lightning bolts for him.  Then one day her dear friend (NOT) Blodwyn Bluesoup turned-up and although she fancies Don (2 bolts), she proceeded to annoy him and then throw a water balloon at him.  Later on, Nina cleaned-up the puddle and was furious at Don, who apologised to her (voluntarily) twice.  The following day she got extremely angry at him for making a mess in the shower, but this time she was on Macrotastic cleaning and mopped it up as soon as he'd done it, so maybe that had something to do with it.  Luckily he was on his way out and by the time he got back she'd gained 20 points and wasn't anywhere near as angry with him. 

Anyway, does this mod just deal with the water balloon problem and does it make the Sim angry with the person who threw it?  It would have been quite understandable for Nina to be angry at BlueSoup (she always is anyway and they're enemies now after a fight), so will it work that way instead?  I certainly don't want the normal anger at shower puddles and wee-wee removed, because they can be quite useful when you want to break someone up quickly.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Sarahzsmyl
Asinine Airhead

"Say 'Good night,' Manuel..."

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 28, 15:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had any of this happen.  I wish I had.  Maybe it has something to do with neatness being set to 5.  It's a good threshold: Eat faster, but turn off tv and flush potty.  I have a child sim who ended up with 10 for neatness, so I'll see what happens when he's a teen/adult. It sounds hilarious.

\\\"Science without religion is lame, and religion without science is lame.\\\" --Albert Einstein
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 12, 12:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried to DL the OFB version of this hack and am getting a page not found message.  All other downloads today were fine.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 12, 12:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can find the OFB version here.  There's a hack directory here if you ever can't find something Smiley

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 12, 14:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can find the OFB version here.  There's a hack directory here if you ever can't find something Smiley

Thanks for that.  I found it all right (I do know about the hack directory) but I just thought JM would like to know the link isn't working.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Rebochan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 16, 00:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The link still isn't working - it seems the file doesn't exist.  I was also trying to get the NL version since I just got a copy for my sibling.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 16, 01:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Links fixed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: