More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 15:34:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Game Stopping bug: Object referred to must be a person. HELP grrr
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game Stopping bug: Object referred to must be a person. HELP grrr  (Read 5391 times)
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
Game Stopping bug: Object referred to must be a person. HELP grrr
« on: 2006 April 03, 15:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims can no longer leave community lots.  So far it's been on dates, but I suspect it would happen regardless.  If they take thier car, it becomes unselectable.  When they use the phone for a taxi, they call and the taxi says it's coming, then they "jump" away from the phone.  Then the taxi never comes.  I did turn debug mode on, and got the log attached.  "Object referred to must be a person." is the error.

I thought at first it might be a conflicting Not Awesome hack, but blew this theory out of the water, because I went to my "clean" game on my other profile, no downloads in the downloads folder except wallpapers, clothes, genetics etc. made by ME.  No hacks.  This error log came from my "dirty" profile so it's got a lot of crap in it, I couldn't get an error log from my clean game because on that one, I can't even get them to use the phone on the community lot! When I put my mouse over the phone or the car, it's become unselectable. 

Anyway, log attached.  Thanks.

EDIT: P.S.  I *do* have the patch installed.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2006 April 03, 16:10:16 by Liss » Logged

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Game Stopping bug: Object referred to must be a person. HELP grrr
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 03, 17:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Liss, it happens to me too, and sometimes I exit and lose all the relationships I made.

From then on, I never take my sims to a community lot by car - only by taxi. The car works fine when it matters going to work.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 03, 19:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this error from a "clean" game, or is it from the hacked-game? Is the Phone Hack present?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 03, 19:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She said the error was from her dirty game.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 03, 22:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the instance the log came from is from my "dirty" game.  Yes, the phone hack is present.  On my "clean" game, the sims can't even use the phone.  I had them go by taxi, they can't use the phone to call the taxi to go home. If they take their car, once they are on the community lot, the car becomes unselectable, they can't even sit in it.  The phone is also unselectable in my "clean" game so I can't even get an error log on that one.  If I hover over the phone it says no available actions or whatever that is.

EDIT:  It appears that deleting groups.cache in my "dirty" game fixed the problem on that profile.  I'm going to test it in the other profile now.  If I'm still having a problem I'll check back.

EDIT AGAIN: AAARRRRGGGHHH.  Ok this makes no fucking sense at all.  In my dirty game, I took a family of sims downtown in their own car.  They were all able to go home in the car.  When I opened my CLEAN game, I took a family downtown, and once they got there, both the car AND the phone became unselectable.  This was after I deleted groups.cache on both profiles.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 04, 07:17:49 by Liss » Logged

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: