More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 16:27:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Makeup?? Where do you get yours??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Makeup?? Where do you get yours??  (Read 13774 times)
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
Re: Makeup?? Where do you get yours??
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 30, 11:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, that's a really interesting observation about people using the same sim to display their stuff because I have never noticed. To be honest, it's not something I'm even interested in. What is important, for me anyway, is whether the clothes, slap or whatever looks good. I don't like it, I don't get it. But I'm often caught out as I've DL'd stuff which looks bloody awful in game, but ok on the site... meh.  Roll Eyes

As to whether a lass should cover her face in paint that is truly individual. Personally, I think that a youngster who is a walking advert for Maybelline or whoever is just putting on a mask. And all that crap on your face day in and out is no good for your skin. I don't think it makes them tarty, just a little lost in their own lack of self-esteem.

Meh...
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 30, 14:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fail to see how a trend in one country (one that's already passed, mind you) adopted by a portion of the population somehow means every other country in the same approximate region of the world is doing the same, or even that their fellow citizens are doing the same?

And anyways, Japan has always been the crazy one in terms of styles and the like. Everyone else is pretty subdued, makeup-wise anyway.

I just think it's a gross overstatement to say Asian women don't wear makeup. It varies from country to country, from region to region within the countries, between the cities and the countryside, by age etc etc. It varies in the US too. I was just pointing out that not every Asian woman is subdued in makeup, albeit by pointing out a rather extreme trend in one country at one point in time (I hear some still exist though, heh).

Even here in the US, it varies from from region to region and among age groups. And no one wears as much makeup as celebrities no matter what country we're talking about. They're always overly madeup. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 30, 18:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys are enablers.  Last night I was playing and I lemented over the lack of eyeshadow in my game.  I got many medium value shades that I was lacking.  I like to have a wide variety of makeup in my game to prevent accedental cloning.

I don't have too many natural shades because I don't like natural makeup on myself.  I'm not going to waste time and moneyy to look like I did before I pulled out my makeup box. I'd rather spend that time and money on better skin care products.)mind you this is coming from a person who only wares lipstick)

I don't know how I feel about people that use the same model all the time.  Most of the time I don't notice unless the model is booty crack ugly.

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 30, 19:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how I feel about people that use the same model all the time.  Most of the time I don't notice unless the model is booty crack ugly.

Hehehehe, that's exactly what I was thinking, I never really notice unless the sim is really ugly and they use her or him over and over again.(Pronup sims comes immediately to mind.) YMMV.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 30, 20:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just think it's a gross overstatement to say Asian women don't wear makeup. It varies from country to country, from region to region within the countries, between the cities and the countryside, by age etc etc. It varies in the US too. I was just pointing out that not every Asian woman is subdued in makeup, albeit by pointing out a rather extreme trend in one country at one point in time (I hear some still exist though, heh).

Even here in the US, it varies from from region to region and among age groups. And no one wears as much makeup as celebrities no matter what country we're talking about. They're always overly madeup. Tongue

I said subdued, which does not mean "little to no makeup". In America we get the smoky eyes and the multi-color shadow all over the lid and heavy, heavy mascara and all that. In Asia, it's mostly nudes, pinks, pastels, and rarely charcoal blacks or iridescent blue or the like. So the effect is definitely more subdued, which certainly does not mean they don't wear any.

And of course there are going to be the exceptions - what celebrities and fashion folk wear aren't exactly representative of what you would wear everyday, I'm sure - and of course the certain niche trends, but those are rarely representative of the overarching trends. Goths, for example, make up a good number of the young population in the States, but based on goths, can you say that in general, pple in the States like to be very very pale? Hardly.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 30, 23:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lyran's, Helaene's and renSims are my favorites for makeup.  The right Blush is the hardest to find -- when it sits right smack on top of the cheeks, or extends way out to the ears, it doesn't look right.  Could I have a link to thesimssi2     please?? 

Max
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 31, 01:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could I have a link to thesimssi2     please?? 

Here's his MTS2 link: http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=77758
Here's him on the exchange: http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/uploads.php?user_id=1390&asset_type=sim

I do think these two blushes came from his Indian sim and Gemma Ward sim, but I can't be sure. Either way, the icons for these are really simple skin-colored gradients. His other CC is also top notch too, though. I've d/led all his sims just for the assorted CC.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 31, 14:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! I'll check it out!  Cheesy

Max
Lyran
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 31, 14:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am very glad many of you like my make-up Cheesy And, if you do you might also like http://www.simsbysarhra.com/
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 31, 15:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am very glad many of you like my make-up Cheesy And, if you do you might also like http://www.simsbysarhra.com/

I wondered if you were 'that' Lyran Grin Love your stuff, especially the hair recolours Wink

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 31, 15:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. I love her more natural blonde shades of the Maxis banana yellow textures. One of these days, I need to get around to making a replacer file that replaces the blonde textures on the Maxis hairs with hers.

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 31, 16:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi! Cheesy I am definately a fan as well, I think I have every lipstick you've ever done :lol: Your new piercings are very nice too, and the first face mask ear piercings I've seen that I liked.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 31, 16:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, I do like that site, thanks.  Smiley  I also do love your stuff as well, especially the default eyes and ash-blonde hair.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 31, 21:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, I do like that site, thanks.  Smiley   

Yes it's nice - and the hair is binned properly, yay.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 31, 21:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, I do like that site, thanks.  Smiley   

Yes it's nice - and the hair is binned properly, yay.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

OMG that is SO rare that anyone does that. She rocks for doing that.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: