More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 13:25:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Leave My Shop!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Leave My Shop!!!  (Read 7359 times)
Lyran
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Leave My Shop!!!
« on: 2006 March 31, 22:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a hack that makes shoppers leave the shop after paying? Many customers just stay on and on, losing their stars cause they don't want to buy more stuff and harrassing other customers. I want them off the lot!!!

BTW I still also look for a hack that makes simmies wear their normal clothes instead of work clothes on community lots.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Leave My Shop!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 31, 22:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know Crammyboy did a hack to make NPC wear their normal clothes on community but I don't think it is OFB compatible.  Check in the 1st post he made, it should mention with which ep it is compatible with.

Maybe you will find something at modthesims2 for the other thing, I know Squinge made many "business" hacks related lately.  Otherwise if you can, simply ask the customer that are staying on the lot to leave like you would when you have a guest Sim in a household.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 31, 22:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ideally, it would be nice if they left after making a purchase but that isn't so. Normally, what I do is either a) Show them something to buy or if that doesn't work I b) Show them the door. This only applies to the troublemakers though.

*thinks we need a "business uses you" hack*

Instant gratification takes too long.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 31, 22:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe.  I can't wait for Business Uses You to come out.  It'll probably do what you're looking for, Lyran.  By then, I'll probably be ready to reinstall OFB.  Grin
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 31, 22:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have yet to have any customer buy anything at all so I'd just be happy if any of my customers bought at least something.
All they ever do is look and be shown around. Then of course after they look they hang around like they're home and use my Sims house like it's theirs. I'm really starting to hate them Angry
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 31, 23:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an opposite issue. My customers leave almost always after purchase. This makes it harder to gain customer points. Furthermore, they don't interact much anymore. In a restaurant all they want is to eat. And after eating they immediately walk over to the reception sim again. Scary. As if they are remote controlled. I removed all noautonomousthisandthat hacks, but they're doing it still.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 31, 23:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an opposite issue. My customers leave almost always after purchase. This makes it harder to gain customer points. Furthermore, they don't interact much anymore. In a restaurant all they want is to eat. And after eating they immediately walk over to the reception sim again. Scary. As if they are remote controlled. I removed all noautonomousthisandthat hacks, but they're doing it still.

Actually, I think it's a bug in OFB that makes the podium attraction higher than it should be.  Squinge has a hack that fixes this over on insimenator.net (and I think on MTS2 as well) that seems to work pretty well.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 01, 00:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If so, then it might be introduced by the patch since it worked well before. Do you know the name of the hack? I check on insimenator.net regularly, but haven't seen anything that seems to be related to it.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 01, 00:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge didn't make that hack; It was Eddie66 or somesuch similar name over at MTS2 who made it.

sgestner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 01, 00:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have yet to have any customer buy anything at all so I'd just be happy if any of my customers bought at least something.
All they ever do is look and be shown around. Then of course after they look they hang around like they're home and use my Sims house like it's theirs. I'm really starting to hate them Angry

Did you make your items available to buy?  I once set up shop with all my pretty displays, set up my cash wrap with my employed cashier...and no one was buying anything.  It took me a couple of sim days to realise that I hadn't set stuff up for sale... Roll Eyes
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 01, 02:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I think it's a bug in OFB that makes the podium attraction higher than it should be.  Squinge has a hack that fixes this over on insimenator.net (and I think on MTS2 as well) that seems to work pretty well.

Are you sure you are not talking about the one Eddief66 made called "less attractive podium?  If so, right now it works great on our controllable Sims but it does not affect the townies, he is working on a new version that will affect townie.

If you were really talking about one that Squinge made, what is the name of it please, I will go get it right away  Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 01, 02:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Business Runs You! will include an option to induce someone to bugger off.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 01, 06:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure you are not talking about the one Eddief66 made called "less attractive podium?  If so, right now it works great on our controllable Sims but it does not affect the townies, he is working on a new version that will affect townie.

If you were really talking about one that Squinge made, what is the name of it please, I will go get it right away  Smiley

No, I got cornfusedeled -- it was eddief66's hack, not Squinge's. 

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 01, 06:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I was having that very same problem with my first business.  Then someone here pointed out that the doors are lockable, so I locked the house doors to all but family members.  Sims still weren't buying.  They'd just look around then leave.  Finally, I figured out I had somehow accidentally set everything NOT for sale.  Once that was righted, merchandise started moving right along.

If you can't seperate the business inside the house from their living quarters, just move it outside on the lawn.  The potential shoppers won't mind in the least. Smiley

Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 01, 06:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lyran, That Work Clothing Hack never worked for me

ISFJ
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 01, 06:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've noticed if you do let customers stay and chat you sometimes get an extra loyalty star
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 01, 06:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When your business is first starting out, especially, you don't want the finished shoppers hanging around on your lot because the amount of visitors allowed is based on the star rating.  If you're trying to make a few sales you need to get rid of them once they're done shopping.

Sometimes I have my sim bid them good day, other times I use Inge's shrub to clear them off.  I've never seen one finish a purchase then go back and buy more.  They usually look at the merchandise like they are thinking about buying it, turn away and end up lowering their star rating.  Once they are gone, though, they may come back one or two more times during the day and buy even more.

As for chatting with the customers, my sim with a Level 8 business doesn't have the time.  She's too busy (with the help of her hubby and their robot) running the store.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 01, 10:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Is there a hack that makes shoppers leave the shop after paying? Many customers just stay on and on, losing their stars cause they don't want to buy more stuff and harrassing other customers. I want them off the lot!!!"  [Lyran]

Yes, there is - but it's not hack, it's a tool...Smiley

Put in front of the business the Electric Clock (venue) - if they don't go, at least they have to pay for the stay...Smiley.

Edit:  Just rememberred: there is a hack - if you have the phonehack, and the Merola's Mirror, you can select the sim you want to leave the lot,  by clicking on the community phone, and order him: "go home". It's not possible in home businesses.

« Last Edit: 2006 April 01, 10:47:03 by gali » Logged
Lyran
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 01, 10:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually do let my sim say good-bye, or ask them to leave, but she is so busy restocking. I look forward to Business Runs You Cheesy I hope it'll have a feature where you can choose "Always leave after purchase" if that is possible.

The clothes hack used to work for me, I seem to be blind though cause I can not find a post listing EP compatibility for CBOY's hacks. It seems to be for NL only though.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 01, 14:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW I still also look for a hack that makes simmies wear their normal clothes instead of work clothes on community lots.

I think you can do this with TwoJeff's Visitor Controller, which has been updated for OFB. I'm not sure tho, as I haven't yet done it myself.

Unsouper
Lyran
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 April 01, 21:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I'll check that out Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: