More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 07:27:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Marriage In a Church Would be Nice
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Marriage In a Church Would be Nice  (Read 9949 times)
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Marriage In a Church Would be Nice
« on: 2005 August 18, 04:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone done this with their sims? Again, I have seen it in a few blog stories and I don't know if they did it on a public lot or in a house lot. That would be a pain in the butt. So, has anyone attempted this on a public lot?

Cheers
Stormy

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Re: Marriage In a Church Would be Nice
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 18, 04:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've downloaded a really cute chapel from the exchange which appears all set up for weddings and such, but haven't actually tried marrying anyone in it.  So far it just looks good in the neighbourhood view.

<insert witty comment here>
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 18, 05:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Vecki, was this a commercial lot?

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 18, 07:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes it was.  Sorry did I forget to mention that??  gah.

*hits head with a spoon*

<insert witty comment here>
JoanE
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 18, 09:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have. The wedding looks really great. The only problem is that if your sims are not liivig together already when they return to the church after the honeymoon and you send them home. The one that's not a resident of the house will end up in the family bin. If you have Uni you can just move them in, if not you have to put them on an empty lot with a phone and then get their spouse to invite them over and then propose that they move in.

Did I explain that properly? I hope so. Roll Eyes
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 18, 22:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Vecki and thanks Joan. It made sense! I will give it a try on the weekend.

Carmelita
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 19, 01:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a church on a residential lot in Pleasantview.  It's functional, but the biggest problem with it is that in order to get anybody married there at least one member of the couple has to buy the place and move in.  This method insures that, unless you're willing to go nuts with motherlode, pretty much only your rich Sims will be able to have a church wedding.  Not to mention that it's kind of a pain in the butt to move Sims back and forth like that.  I've done a couple of weddings there, though, and it works.

For someone who has nothing to complain about,
I'm pretty good at it.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 19, 02:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't you use the teleporter?

Zephyr Zodiac
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 19, 02:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made a marriage community lot. I had my first Sim marriage there and I found it very convenient. I like it, since you can focus on decorations and make the place extremely pretty, even if the Sims are dirt poor. However, you'd have to switch it from a residental lot to community lot a few times, as the wedding arch and all that stuff is for residental lots only.

You also don't get that lemo and it isn't an "official" party. If you want specific guests to be there, you'd have to use the teleporter to put them there. However, none of those things really matter to me as long as the couple gets hitched.
Carmelita
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 19, 03:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't you use the teleporter?

Could be.  I haven't tried.   Last time I played Pleasantview I was still hack-free.

For someone who has nothing to complain about,
I'm pretty good at it.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 19, 13:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This appeared yesterday at MTS2 http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=84605  it's for having a party by cellphone on a community lot.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 22, 12:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious what would happen if you built a church on a residential lot with a live-in minister.  You could teleport in the participants, then use the mind control mirror to get one of them to initiate the wedding.

I may have to experiment with this.  Oddly enough, none of my sims has gotten married yet.  Hmmm.

I really think Maxis is missing a lot of money by not making a wedding expansion.  I think that would sell incredibly well.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 22, 14:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps they will........if someone were to drop them a little hint?

Zephyr Zodiac
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 22, 15:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious what would happen if you built a church on a residential lot with a live-in minister.  You could teleport in the participants, then use the mind control mirror to get one of them to initiate the wedding.

I may have to experiment with this.  Oddly enough, none of my sims has gotten married yet.  Hmmm.

I really think Maxis is missing a lot of money by not making a wedding expansion.  I think that would sell incredibly well.

I did that.  I used the InSimenator to teleport them and make them all selectable, also turned off free will so everyone would stay put.  I take Sims there that are about to die of old age so I also have a cemetary there.  I aslo have Sunday services there with the minister using the podium and his wife plays the piano.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 22, 17:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you incorporated some hymn tunes? 

Zephyr Zodiac
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 22, 18:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Married at City Hall or in Vegas would be funner.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 22, 18:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose that really depends on your point of view!  How about one of those Oriental weddings where about 200 couples all tie the knot at once (only to each other, not everyone, of course!) Cool

Zephyr Zodiac
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 August 23, 00:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shadow,

I think your idea is the best. I love the idea too of having a grave-yard there, and if you have a day time wedding, ghosts won't bother your guests. I think a wardrobe too on the lot would be good to make sure people can change into their formal gear via the mind control mirror.

The teleporter is Inge's one?

Hopefully I'll to play sometime this week. Hubbie had a spit on the weekend because I played for a few hours while the toddler was asleep. I hadn't played for a whole week prior to that! Talk about cheated!

*Wonders off, head down, muttering & cursing...*

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 August 26, 06:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you could have a fat Elvis living there to perform the ceremonies.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 August 26, 07:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or just to sing at the wedding!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005 August 26, 15:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried this last night using the Woodland Chapel from the official TS2 site and the mobile phone hack from MTS2 mentioned earlier in this thread.  It worked perfectly, the only problem was that out of the 18 guests invited to the wedding, only 2 were left when the actual ceremony took place, even though I'd set it to allow up to 30 visitors.  That's the problem with community lots, Sims come and go.  Next time I will change the lot to residential while the wedding is going on, then change it back when it's time for them to go home.  Incidentally, although all the wedding paraphernalia is present on these wedding lots, you can get modded collections of residential stuff to use on commercial lots.  I forget where now, either MTS2 or Various Simmers.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 August 26, 22:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you could have a fat Elvis living there to perform the ceremonies.

OMG YES! Too funny.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 August 27, 00:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shadow,

I think your idea is the best. I love the idea too of having a grave-yard there, and if you have a day time wedding, ghosts won't bother your guests. I think a wardrobe too on the lot would be good to make sure people can change into their formal gear via the mind control mirror.

The teleporter is Inge's one?

Hopefully I'll to play sometime this week. Hubbie had a spit on the weekend because I played for a few hours while the toddler was asleep. I hadn't played for a whole week prior to that! Talk about cheated!

*Wonders off, head down, muttering & cursing...*

I've never had any ghosts at a wedding.  I do make a "reception hall"  that includes a wardrobe, restrooms with showers, buffet table, stereo, bar, anything that would make a good wedding reception.  I have Inge's teleporter but I use the InSimenator because you can make everyone selectable and they stay that way unlike the Mind Control mirror where they only stay selectable as long as they are the selected one.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 August 27, 00:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried this last night using the Woodland Chapel from the official TS2 site and the mobile phone hack from MTS2 mentioned earlier in this thread.  It worked perfectly, the only problem was that out of the 18 guests invited to the wedding, only 2 were left when the actual ceremony took place, even though I'd set it to allow up to 30 visitors.  That's the problem with community lots, Sims come and go.  Next time I will change the lot to residential while the wedding is going on, then change it back when it's time for them to go home.  Incidentally, although all the wedding paraphernalia is present on these wedding lots, you can get modded collections of residential stuff to use on commercial lots.  I forget where now, either MTS2 or Various Simmers.

I teleport everyone I want there, make them selectable with the InSimenator and turn off free will so everyone stays where I put them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: