More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 20:17:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Party Problems post OFB?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Party Problems post OFB?  (Read 5654 times)
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Party Problems post OFB?
« on: 2006 March 30, 18:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some problems I've been having since OFB, and I'm wondering whether you're seeing these, too. I haven't installed the patch yet, but I don't see any mention of a fix for these specific problems included with the patch. So, I'm wondering if maybe it's just my game with the hacks I have, or if this is a universal problem since OFB.

1) The "Party Timer" disappears after the first few interactions with guests on the lot. This has happened both in Pleasantview and on Uni lots. So no party score is possible. Sims can no longer get a Good or Bad Party memory. The Party has no end.

Related to this, guests no longer leave -- they stay forever until told to leave.

2) Grad Party no longer works. The Sim who's just graduated doesn't get the option to throw a Grad Party until AFTER you have him call a taxi to move back to original hood. Then you get a "Are you sure? Sim can still throw a party before returning...blahblahblah" The only grad-related hack I have in my game is gradpartymemfix, and I don't think this is causing the issue, because I've had it in my game since pre-OFB.

3) Sims who have graduated OR who have left their home lot to go to University make a reappearance in some weird place on the lot they've departed from sometime later (as in a couple or 3 days later). Which scared me; I thought maybe they didn't make it to their destinations. But when I went out of the lot to go back to Uni or back to Pleasantview, the Sim in question actually WAS in the bin, ready to move in. So maybe if, once a Sim has taxied off to Uni OR back home, if you don't go right away and move the binned Sim into his/her new digs, then the game sometimes is messing up and thinks the departed sim is still around??? Bizarre!

4) Then an unrelated bug: When Sims return from a Community lot, I'm getting "Congratulations! Your Sim has just purchased a new electronic game, and now they just need.... blahblah" ...
In not one case did my Sim purchase the game, and in every case, there were already both TV's and computers on the home lots. Has anybosy else seen this happen?

Should add that I have all EP's! Cheesy

Thanks for your feedback,

Max
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Party Problems post OFB?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 30, 19:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See my post in the "Missing Neighbor" Thread. I have the same issue with parties, but I have the debug cheat on, so I get an error message. Try if you get something similar  with the cheat on. No solution, sorry, I'm just collecting people with the same problem  Wink
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 30, 22:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the lot debugger?  If so, try using the "Delete Stuck Party Token" option.  It unfreezes the party token which can corrupt sometimes for no good reason.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 30, 22:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

problem solved, I think.  I removed the maxnumof visitors line from my userstartupcheat, and things seem to be back to normal. Smiley    I did try using the FFSDebugger, and it was telling me that the problem was fixed even though it wasn't.  :p

Max
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 31, 00:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4) Then an unrelated bug: When Sims return from a Community lot, I'm getting "Congratulations! Your Sim has just purchased a new electronic game, and now they just need.... blahblah" ...
In not one case did my Sim purchase the game, and in every case, there were already both TV's and computers on the home lots. Has anybosy else seen this happen?

Yea, that's been reported, though it does happen more often if the sim actually does buy a new game. It's an OFB bug that folks have made Maxis aware of.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
VyeOlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 01, 19:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get that constantly, also the notice about not having a dresser when there are clearly several in the house. :S
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: