More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 15:56:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Face Templates - 2008-05-08 - No Update - New Links
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Face Templates - 2008-05-08 - No Update - New Links  (Read 336403 times)
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
Re: Face Template Replacements - Testers Wanted - INCOMPLETE Beta [9 July]
« Reply #275 on: 2006 October 12, 18:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink Kiss

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Baronetess
polonius
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2006 October 13, 02:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

woot!  so glad to see you're still alive and well... and also of course that the project is still inching forward lol Tongue 

Take your time, although honestly, to judge from what we've seen so far, a template you consider "imperfect" is probably infinitely better than the "finished" ones in Maxis's set. 

Lol I'm as excited (or maybe more so) about this project as for the upcoming EP!
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: 2006 October 13, 21:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I would also like to see a compare-and-contrast of this project and Amber's sometime. Not to have them competing with each other...just so I could have a better idea of the differences.)

Heh, in a nutshell, Naitali has been working her hieny off to get everything nice and consistent and anatomically plausible and ethnically accurate while keeping the basic "feel" of the faces, whereas I went through and said, "Hmm, this guy's nose is absurdly big.  Let's make it smaller!  That kid's eyes are so far apart he looks deformed!  Push them closer together!" and so on.

As someone at MTS2 pointed out, mine have a rather Anglo feel because I found it such a pain to try to make pronounced ethnic features that look both accurate and attractive (the game really doesn't accommodate them very well, which may be why they went with such grotesque cartoony distortions instead.)  I admire Naitali's determination to work around that.  Hers will also likely breed better than mine because she's been so careful to stay consistent with how the features are spaced.

Frankly, I made mine mostly as a stopgap until hers were done.  They're still a lot less fugly than the defaults.  And, er...they're available now.  XD

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

Official THANG and Insular Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: 2006 October 13, 23:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Amber.

I really do hope these are ready soon so I can use them in my new neighborhood. But you did a very nice job in providing a "stopgap" alternative.

Yup...the gap's good and stopped, I'd say...  Wink

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2006 October 26, 04:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coming into this thread REALLY late.  All I've gotta say, Nailati, is:

WOW!  Shocked

You go, girl!  Finish these off!  I'd love to replace several of my own that I'm currently using in my game with your creations.  VERY well done!
Baronetess
polonius
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2006 December 10, 00:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering if we could maybe get an update on the project, to see how far along things are... not that I'm trying to rush you, of course, I'm just eager to create my new neighborhood with your lovely sims in it. Smiley
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2006 December 14, 08:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! AllanABQ! What a reversal--you posting in my thread. And yay, everyone else! Thanks for sticking around despite my inconsistency.

So. Status:

Don't ever do what I did.

I've spent the past few months working intermittently on perfecting face #2. A couple of days ago I declared her finished. Huzzah!

Now to round out the other ages & genders--then I'll be able to simply mix a little of template 2 into any faces that are too wonky. I could be done in time for Festivus! So I flipped her over to male--

gah.

What I've done, thinking I was so clever, was to use my beta templates to make a few versions of #2. Then I turned those versions into temporary templates and used them to make the uber-2. Problem: my beta templates carry hidden Maxis freakshow genes for every age except adult, and, compounding that, my temporary #2 templates carry freakshow genes for everything other than adult female. Meaning I can't get this face to convert.

So now I'll attempt to replicate her from Maxis templates (or else make my beta templates complete--awful lot of work for supposed betas--and then attempt to replicate her with those). Unless somebody knows some SimPE voodoo that would fix this. I can't imagine a way around it, though.

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
Re: Face Templates - "I'm a Dumbass" Edition [14 December]
« Reply #282 on: 2006 December 14, 09:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good thing you're returning from time to time Nailati, or else Pescado would announce you dead! Wink These face templates have turned into a royal PITA, eh? Well, I'm glad you still have the energy to continue working on them! We're all awaiting patiently still for you to finish them...they're surely worth the wait!

Let the Beast inside you free!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2006 December 14, 11:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made the mistake of forgetting to put these back in when starting my new neigbourhood after pets.
I'm now blessed with a headmaster with the most hidious #18 face.  I can never get over how awful that face is.  What the hell was maxis thinking?
Luckily I noticed before creating townies, so it's just a few NPCs that look like mutants, and even they have mostly been luckier than the headmaster.

Since I'm posting anyway; I have to tell you how in love I am with the second elf face.  That's one elven hunk!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: 2006 December 14, 12:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! AllanABQ! What a reversal--you posting in my thread. And yay, everyone else! Thanks for sticking around despite my inconsistency.

So. Status:

I've spent the past few months working intermittently on perfecting face #2. A couple of days ago I declared her finished. Huzzah!

Now to round out the other ages & genders--then I'll be able to simply mix a little of template 2 into any faces that are too wonky. I could be done in time for Festivus! So I flipped her over to male--

gah.

What I've done, thinking I was so clever, was to use my beta templates to make a few versions of #2. Then I turned those versions into temporary templates and used them to make the uber-2. Problem: my beta templates carry hidden Maxis freakshow genes for every age except adult, and, compounding that, my temporary #2 templates carry freakshow genes for everything other than adult female. Meaning I can't get this face to convert.

So now I'll attempt to replicate her from Maxis templates (or else make my beta templates complete--awful lot of work for supposed betas--and then attempt to replicate her with those). Unless somebody knows some SimPE voodoo that would fix this. I can't imagine a way around it, though.

O_o

...you know, it may just be that I'm up way too early right now, but I made my own set of templates and I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  LOL!  XD  Although now that I think of it, I believe I used a much different methodology than you have.  Hmmm...she's very beautiful, there must be some way to get her to work...if you'd like to PM me a copy I can putz around with her and see if I can help...

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2006 December 14, 13:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, just wow. Somehow, you have managed to recreate my face with almost pinpoint accuracy  Shocked . I'll only need to tweak the nose angle and eye shape a little and voila, sim-me. And I must say the rest of your templates are looking fabulous (except for that male #2 conversion that didn't really turn out well Tongue ) I know it's kinda late but I came her to support you and I beg you to please finish this project. I'm sure you'd be making a lot of people very happy.

Edit: don't forget to spell-check kids!

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2006 December 14, 15:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eleonora, you must be hot!

Nailati, the work you've done so far is amazing.  I hope someone can help you straighten this out!
Baronetess
polonius
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2006 December 14, 19:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! Nailati's still alive!  Grin  I was starting to worry lol.  Seriously, though, I can't believe how much work you've put into this project.  I would have given up ages ago!  Roll Eyes  I'm glad to see you're still working on it, even if intermittently.  It's definitely worth the wait!
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2006 December 14, 22:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*throws an early celebratory party*

Nailati hasn't forgotten us!!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2006 December 15, 01:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So. Status:

gah.

Oh, ouch! Cry I've had that happen before. No way to fix it that I know of, but I can sympathize. Here are some tips that are probably painfully obvious to you now, but may be useful to others thinking about trying these:
-- Work on only one archetype at a time. Trying to work on all faces in one age group increases the chance for this kind of error, unless you are in the habit of keeping frequent backups of your SavedSims.
-- Flip over to other ages and genders often to avoid... surprises.
-- Complete all eight gender/combos of a face before replacing any files. I do them in this order now: Create AF, AM, TF, TM, CU, PU in BS. Check faces in CAS. Make changes in BS. Check faces in CAS again (stupid perfectionism). Then replace files. Replace EF and EM with AF and AM, respectively. Fiddle with EF and EM in BS. Optional CAS check. Replace EF and EM files. Replacement is always my last step.
-- Make obsessive backups of SavedSims rather than deleting them, and keep them organized by archetype and/or date discarded. (This can't help you if your backups are based on incomplete replacements, of course.)

Best of luck completing your replacements, Nailati! They look luverly and unique. No matter when you release them, they'll be a hit.
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2006 December 15, 01:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coming into this thread REALLY late.  All I've gotta say, Nailati, is:
WOW!  Shocked

This thread, plus the recent related activity on MTS2 has made me begin work on my contention that the same linkage method I used for adding a new dog collar will allow new things to be added to CAS, including non-replacement face templates.

My first attempt to do so has been ignored, probably because I had only an "af" template in the package, instead of all eight age/genders. So I will add the rest and see if I can make this work.

Because I am such a poor artist, I borrowed some (Eelf) of AllenABQ's face meshes rather than make poor imitations. His posting at MTS2 said it was OK to copy and use them, and I plan to leave him with the credit for the artistry anyway.

If I get the package construction details correct, someone else that actually has talent can use it for a template to put some original non-replacement templates into CAS. Please continue with the replacement efort, because I can't guarantee I will succeed (although I have done a lot of research on this already), but if I do, the GMDCs you guys  guys and gals all are creating will need to be available to put into the set(s).

Anyway, I am just awed by AllenABQ and Nailati's artist's eye for balance and detail (Mr. "Can't-draw-a-stick-man-with-a-ruler" here).

<* Wes *>
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2006 December 15, 09:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eleonora, you must be hot!

Cheesy I guess so, but I wear my grumpy face most of the time, so it isn't that noticeable  Tongue

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2006 December 18, 21:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a working link for the betas at the moment?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
Re: Face Templates - Have Some Podlings [15 January 2007]
« Reply #293 on: 2007 January 15, 16:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK -- Keep cool, my babies, as Conan would say. I'm chipping away at this. Smiley  Here's the current set of faces for template #02 BASE:

You can download them as regular, non-template Body Shop Sims if you want to take a look. Let me know what you think.

Download face #02 test Sims

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2007 January 16, 19:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like these faces, and I'm using your old replacements at the moment. My newly-generated townies are soo much prettier. I'm assuming there will be wider noses coming up as well like before? I especially like the bridge of the nose in all 5 faces. Good job, can't wait!
Baronetess
polonius
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2007 January 19, 02:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

woooooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! 
I always get so excited when I see this thread has been updated Grin
I was afraid (again lol) that you'd abandoned the project.  These are so much better and well-rounded than any set I've seen, let alone the Maxis fuglies.  These will totally be worth the wait, IMO.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2007 January 23, 13:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the distance between the eyes and the jaws. Very nice!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2007 January 23, 14:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These will definitely be worth the wait!

I'm planning to run every Townie or Dormie I can get my hands on through the plastic surgery station the second these are finally released.
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2007 January 23, 14:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like that they all really look like the same person, the guys look like guys and the child is not hideous.
I'm really looking forward to using these when they are finished.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
Angeleyez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2007 January 23, 19:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really enjoy the ways these look so much realistic. Thanks and cant wait for the rest of them. Move over old townies theres new faces to this town.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: