More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 20:57:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Face Templates - 2008-05-08 - No Update - New Links
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Face Templates - 2008-05-08 - No Update - New Links  (Read 336726 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Face Template Replacements [23 June: Some more in-game pics]
« Reply #175 on: 2006 July 02, 00:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you can use Ctrl + right click on the thumbnails to refresh them.  You might need testingcheats enabled for this.  Sims' portraits can be regenerated with "change appearance" or "regenerate portraiture" on the clothing tool or Lot debugger.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2006 July 02, 01:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, I didn't realise you could refresh the thumbnails to see the new templates when in CAS or using the surgery machine. cool. I'll have to test it out once the new templates are available.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2006 July 02, 02:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Nailati's templates, if a Sim were to have a baby with Goopy, would the baby have the new template genetics or Goopy's original genetics?

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2006 July 02, 02:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The baby would have Goopy's original genetics.  You can use SimPE to replace original facial data with the secondary facial data from the plastic surgery so that it is genetic.  Step-by-step instructions can be found here.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2006 July 02, 03:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to make sure my summer-vacation-brain gets it....
New templates change the defaults for new sims only. To change current scaries, I'll have to apply some kind of surgery and then use rainbow's link (thanks!) to make them permanent?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2006 July 02, 03:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to make sure my summer-vacation-brain gets it....
New templates change the defaults for new sims only. To change current scaries, I'll have to apply some kind of surgery and then use rainbow's link (thanks!) to make them permanent?
You got it.  New custom neighborhoods get the default townies from Pleasantview, unfortunately.  I thought I'd get a bunch of new random ones, but I got Goopy, Brandon, Ivy Copur x 2, Marsha Bruenig, etc.   You have to do some kind of DAC to get rid of them and generate your own, which is doable, but can be a bit of a PITA.  Angry
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2006 July 02, 03:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooray! My brain hasn't "mushified" yet. My brain lapses are almost enough to make me wish for year-round school.

Hey! Don't hurt me! I said "almost."

*hits thanks! for rainbow*

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2006 July 02, 04:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, what a pita. I don't suppose anyone is working on a plugin to facilitate the process.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2006 July 02, 15:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, what a pita. I don't suppose anyone is working on a plugin to facilitate the process.

A long time ago, our own jordi posted a fix for this on MTS2.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=110889&highlight=names

I don't get freakout names anymore with this in.  (Granted, I DO have to do a DAC and regen the townies, but I'm used to that.)

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: 2006 July 06, 01:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't wait to get these templates. *croses arms*

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2006 July 06, 04:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't wait to get these templates. *croses arms*

I've been designing houses, downloading nice new clothes for my future sims to wear and planning out plots in my head. 
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
Re: Face Template Replacements - Testers Wanted - INCOMPLETE Beta [9 July]
« Reply #186 on: 2006 July 09, 10:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've uploaded the adult faces for anyone who wants to test them--see the first post.

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2006 July 09, 11:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

realy natural.. realy nice... but i prefear character like....
....  THIS .....

is realy fun and to have wird charater.. they are realy expressive and mixing his dna his realy intresting  Grin
« Last Edit: 2006 July 09, 16:23:18 by MaximilianPS » Logged
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2006 July 09, 19:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to give them a go, but what am I supposed to be testing, exactly?  Grin I'll presume that we're supposed to be seeing if they look all right. I can do that, all I HAVE are test neighborhoods right now. I'll try to get to them in the next few days although I can't make any promises; writing eats up most of my time anymore.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2006 July 09, 20:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Corporal vilia reporting for duty, ma'am [salutes]

I'll DAC a test hood tonight, let the game generate some townies and see what I can randomly turn up.

Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2006 July 09, 22:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to be unclear. Yeah, I pretty much want to know if they look all right and if they breed all right. I've made quite a few changes to the first ten, in particular. I'm not entirely happy with some of them, but then again I'll never be entirely happy, so I wanted to see what you guys think.

How do the proportions look? Are the necks too long?

Any faces that look too similar? Any faces that bug you?

How's the breeding going? (Personally, I've had mixed results with breeding dissimilar parents, but no monsters so far.)

I'll DAC a test hood tonight, let the game generate some townies and see what I can randomly turn up.

You can try out a DAC if you'd like, but it's not required...might be sort of boring, since any non-adult townies will still be Maxian. Smiley

Thanks, all.

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: 2006 July 10, 00:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been just randomly generating Sims in CAS with these and they all look great.  I thought at first a couple of the male templates weren't loading properly, and then I realized I was getting templates #21 and 25 (I do hope you normalize those at some point!  XD)

A few of the females do look just a tiny bit long in the neck to me, but I also noticed that this impression is also affected by what hair and clothing styles the Sim winds up with, so it may not be a real problem.  Cuz some people just do look that way.  Smiley

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2006 July 10, 02:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drat! Drat! Drat!

*cries softly....I can't test...and I've been waiting so nice and patiently......sniffle*

Alie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2006 July 10, 04:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You made the elf faces' eyebrows curve a little.  Nooooooooooooo.  Must be stick straight!  Aghghgghgh!
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2006 July 10, 07:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a chance to try these out in my game and they look great.  Sims with gaunt features do not breed well with sims that have rounder faces (but that has always been the case anyway). Some of the women have quite large eyes (vertically speaking)- esp. when you compare them to their male equivalent.

If possible, could you move the eyes of faces 4, 9 & 12 (in CAS) out 1 notch as in-game they look a little close? This becomes more apparent when you start breeding them.

Apart from that, I thought they looked really good and are a definite improvement over the originals.

« Last Edit: 2006 July 11, 02:50:57 by vilia » Logged
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2006 July 11, 01:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drat! Drat! Drat!

*cries softly....I can't test...and I've been waiting so nice and patiently......sniffle*

Same here. My computer's power supply blew out over the weekend. While trying to load The Sims, of course. Embarrassed

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2006 July 11, 04:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here. My computer's power supply blew out over the weekend. While trying to load The Sims, of course. Embarrassed
Wow, that's always fun.  Sad
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2006 July 11, 20:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, neriana. *crosses fingers for a swift return of your game*. I'll be back to mine next month...just in time to start school. ugh.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2006 July 14, 23:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, neriana. *crosses fingers for a swift return of your game*. I'll be back to mine next month...just in time to start school. ugh.

I've got mine back now -- just in time for some sports game to be released, causing me to work substantially more hours this week and play Sims 2 much less. Bah. Well, at least the hours pay for the computer repair. And I can test the templates now.

NikonSnow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2006 July 18, 22:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no major flaws as far as I can tell either. I don't even think the eyes on 4 are too close together myself but I think that's a personal prefrence. (Sim eyes by default are farther apart than human eyes were ever intended to be. I prefer my sims look more human than sim like.) They look great, I can't wait to see how they age. ^^
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: