More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:17:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Face Templates - 2008-05-08 - No Update - New Links
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Face Templates - 2008-05-08 - No Update - New Links  (Read 335028 times)
cassandra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Face Template Replacements (3 June: New Pics)
« Reply #125 on: 2006 June 13, 22:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These look much more human, much better than the first templates I got.
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Face Template Replacements [14 June: Adult Faces 12-27 finished]
« Reply #126 on: 2006 June 14, 20:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know its been said over and over but I'm really looking forward to these. Every time you post new previews I just drool that much more.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2006 June 15, 10:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice to see the new pics Nailati.  The black and white makes it easier to picture all types of skin tones.

[whips out her fedora and tips it rakishly over one eye]
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2006 June 15, 19:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm... my concern about the faces is this- if you shorten the forehead, what does the neck look like? I am also slightly concerned about #2 and (I think) #4... pretty busy at the moment, but I will edit this post later tonight with more constructive, specific feedback.

Generally speaking, I think it looks great.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2006 June 15, 20:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really love your New Templates . But why had #4 Totaly lostst his Charakter ? (have loved his Ears and Nose)
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2006 June 15, 22:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

are we there yet?

ok this has been my dopey impression since studying the faces and looking up different regions and studying different ethnic groups:
eas = El Salvadorian
cer= Romanian
teu = I suspect this is actually supposed to be Ukrainian
eth = Ethiopian
eng = English/British
ara = Arabian
Aus = Aus Aboriginal
cel = Celtic
ind = indian as in American
cmed = central mediterranean
pla = Palauan
pol = polish
tge = Uyghur possibly? seems obscure - but...the faces kinda fit.
rus = Russian
emed = Eastern mediterranean
ban = Bangladeshi
mas = Malaysian
afr = african (typical/generic)
easi = asian (typical/generic)
ino = Indonesian
este = East Timor
cmay = Mayain

At least I would like to think they put some thought into the templates and what/who they are supposed to represent...
NikonSnow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2006 June 16, 07:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really love your New Templates . But why had #4 Totaly lostst his Charakter ? (have loved his Ears and Nose)

If that was considered character then i'm glad it's gone. I'm sorry but male4 is my least favorite default template, it's really hard to think of one I hate more. It looks like a wooden puppet.

Nailati, these faces are definitely an improvement all the way around. Thanks for actually taking a project like this on...
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2006 June 16, 13:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that was considered character then i'm glad it's gone. I'm sorry but male4 is my least favorite default template, it's really hard to think of one I hate more. It looks like a wooden puppet.

Nailati, these faces are definitely an improvement all the way around. Thanks for actually taking a project like this on...

Not all Humans have aerodynamik Ears why Sims ? The nose was to long , i a am whit you in this.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2006 June 16, 21:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the character of the ears and nose on #4 have been preserved very well. The sideshow freak part has just been discarded. Maybe Simchildren will no longer run screaming at the sight of Remington now. I know he's considered handsome by some, I just don't understand why.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2006 June 16, 22:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought #4 would look really neat without the mutant aspect, so I tried to keep its character--in particular, I wanted to keep the funky nose, but give it a more realistic structure.

The change in the ears was entirely unintentional; it happened because I started with a sim I'd made a while back, who was based on a different template. (Stupid Nails!) The only way to change the ears now is to start over with the correct Maxis template. (Stupid Maxis!) I'm looking into a workaround to avoid that, as I have nothing against #4's original ears.

hmm... my concern about the faces is this- if you shorten the forehead, what does the neck look like?

This was also a concern of mine, before I decided to go ahead and raise the faces--it does make the necks longer, but I don't think it looks unnatural. If it's not to everyone's liking, then perhaps I could upload both raised and "Maxis-height" versions of these faces.

I'm whipping up some in-game screenshots to give you guys a better look at #2, #4, and the neck/head area in general.

@ nectere - Thanks for the list--I never would have thought of some of those (like Palauan). The only one I disagree on is POL--I thought of Polish first, as well, but after looking through some photos, Polynesian seems closer to me. (That's what I based my version on.) The whole selection of ethnicities seems so arbitrary, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: 2006 June 16, 22:11:23 by Nailati » Logged

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2006 June 20, 17:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great job, Nailati! We can never have enough of these, especially since mine all look alike, allegedly. Grin
Well, okay. Most of them do look alike. But they breed so well together, I promise!

I admire how you've made this a community effort. Your faces look great, and they look like they'll blend really well with each other and even with other sets.

To everyone else, let's see more people creating and sharing face templates. Yes, it's tedious, but it's soooo worth it.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: 2006 June 20, 22:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay--I haven't looked for a loooonnnng time.  These're awesome!  (Number 4 default is one of my two favorite default faces--funny nose and all.  Hmmm.  In fact, my other favorite, #16, has a honkin' nose, too!  LOL

The great thing is, though, that if a person wants to keep an in-game template you simply don't add the file that will over-ride it to your game.

I am wondering about one thing, though.  Where you raised the faces, will this cause problems when they have children with other sims?  I always tend to raise my sims' eyes to the level eyes should be--eye corners level with the tops of their ears, and in essence raise their faces.  I've noticed not everyone does this, though.  Just food for thought.

At any rate, I'm anxiously looking forward to these!  I like to rotate templates so I don't end up with so many duplicate faces in my game. Smiley

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2006 June 21, 12:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regina, I would think using these in a clean, DAC wiped new neighborhood would cause ALL sims to have these characteristics (long neck) unless you went into body shop and lowered faces for CAS sims.  isn't that right peeps?

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2006 June 21, 12:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, whenever a new sim is generated, it'll have the new template. Only Maxis-made sims that pre-exist in a neighborhood template will remain unaffected, i.e. if you add a Maxis sub-hood after the DAC

Let the Beast inside you free!
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2006 June 21, 12:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, whenever a new sim is generated, it'll have the new template. Only Maxis-made sims that pre-exist in a neighborhood template will remain unaffected, i.e. if you add a Maxis sub-hood after the DAC

But, if you added the sub-hood AFTER these default replacements, wouldn't these defaults affect every single sim in the game from that point forward?  In all neighborhoods?  For example, when i replace default skins, even Dirk Dreamer has the new skin.  Woudn't these templates affect say, Chloe Singles as well if they are in place before adding a uni?

C

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2006 June 21, 12:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. These templates are used to define facial structure on random Sim generation only, and are not retroactively applied to existing Sims.
Any template Maxis Sims are not affected.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2006 June 21, 12:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, the only way to get any new default faces on existing sims is to do some plastic surgery, either with the station, or through testing cheats or insim.  Which is at least one way to fix the fugly townies that already exist. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2006 June 21, 12:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, bummer.  Well, there's always the cowplant....
C

Standardliving
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2006 June 22, 06:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I simply adore all of these replacements. Will--without a doubt--download. One of the only modification that I dislike is #08 both the male and female's eyes are far too small and nose too wide. (This was about the only template that I would use from Maxis, giving that most of the features were one of the most decent looking ones)

Please consider.

I'll also tame the chipmunk cheeks on the child-creatures.

I'll love you for that! Please do so.
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2006 June 22, 18:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the only modification that I dislike is #08 both the male and female's eyes are far too small and nose too wide. (This was about the only template that I would use from Maxis, giving that most of the features were one of the most decent looking ones)

I don't agree.  It's nice that they're not so "China-doll" like, while still retaining the characteristics of the idea.  There's always Tweak-a-Sim where you can go in and fiddle, after all.

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2006 June 23, 03:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about the slow progress. A bit overwhelmed in RL, and I wasted a day's worth of work on this--I painstakingly obsessed over the miniscule details on some age-adjusted templates which I ended up BALEETING. Long story short, the kids and teens have super-short faces for a reason.

The good news is that I got my paws on Virtual PC, which means I can now run SimPE, so I've been able to play around and test these things out. (Blue is still my Tech Support should Virtual PC go pear-shaped, and is awesome because I never would have started this project without her offer of help, and also she has quite a skinny head I'm sure. So there!)

First the pics, then the replies.

These are screenshots of face #17, all ages. I brought the elders' eyes to a normal depth and filled the cheeks out a little. I made almost no changes to the teens. I made the child less fat-faced and more balanced, but it still creeps me out. I made the toddler less fat-faced, and refined its jaw; I think it came out okay.

Elders, Adults, and Teens (If it looks like their bodies are overlapping, that's because they are.)

Child and Toddler

Pics of #2 and #4 are forthcoming. I was able to fix #4's ears with the aid of SimPE.

One of the only modification that I dislike is #08 both the male and female's eyes are far too small and nose too wide.

I've had a couple of comments about the eyes being too small for #8, so I'll fix that. The adjustments to the nose are based on the reference photos of Chinese people which I used, so unless there are others who dislike it, I'm inclined to leave it how it is.

Nope. These templates are used to define facial structure on random Sim generation only, and are not retroactively applied to existing Sims.
Any template Maxis Sims are not affected.

Yep--existing Sims are unaffected when you install/delete/change templates. They keep their appearance and genetics. Which is actually great, because you can switch out templates as often as you want, to freshen up the gene pool without affecting previous generations.

Where you raised the faces, will this cause problems when they have children with other sims?

Yes, it may cause problems. I've tried breeding one of my Sims with a Maxis Sim, and while the offspring weren't quite freaks, they were a bit...off. If there's call for it, I may release a second version of these at "Maxis-height."

Great job, Nailati! We can never have enough of these, especially since mine all look alike, allegedly. Grin
Well, okay. Most of them do look alike. But they breed so well together, I promise!

I admire how you've made this a community effort. Your faces look great, and they look like they'll blend really well with each other and even with other sets.

To everyone else, let's see more people creating and sharing face templates. Yes, it's tedious, but it's soooo worth it.

Thanks for the comment, terrakosmos. You know I admire your templates.

Also: So what if they look alike? Some people like it that way--and those who don't can just install the ones they want. My previous set-up was a combination of your templates and AllanABQ's; some of his were too jagged for my tastes, and some of yours too smooth, so they complemented each other well.

I'll second your call for more templates.

< tangent > I was thinking to myself that it would be cool if people started releasing their Sims with optional template versions, and it would be awesome if they'd make these single faces usable in any of the 27 spots. It would take a bit of copy-and-paste work to make 27 templates of a face, but nothing too taxing--and then people could start plugging new faces in whatever slot they wanted to.
It would be good, however, to have some standards for face height/length, so you'd know if a face would breed well with your other Sims. Perhaps "human proportions" vs. "Maxis proportions." < /tangent >

Thanks again for all the comments. Off to wrangle some more uglies.

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: Face Template Replacements [22 June: Some in-game pics, some rambling]
« Reply #146 on: 2006 June 23, 04:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The face for children look really nice. No more cartoon eyes.  Smiley

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Standardliving
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2006 June 23, 06:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoa, sweet update. The children look, well--normal. Wonderful job.
And yeah, I undersand, but thank you for considering the adjustment with the eyes. The nose isn't an actally big deal, when the eyes are tweaked a bit bigger, evyerthign should balence out.

The child template actually looks like she related the the above generation.
The toddler's face looks great too, I love the defined jawline and how the face in general looks smooth. No weird sag lines or puffy areas.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2006 June 23, 07:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't changing the child templates affect what the sim looks like when it grows up? The lower age categories essentially produce their faces as a deformation process of the original, so wouldn't "correcting" warped childfaces produce warped adultfaces?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2006 June 23, 08:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From my experience, this is not true of templates. When you age a child who has template childface n, you get an adult with template adultface n, whatever you stuck in that slot. (If you didn't put anything in the adult slot, the child sprouts the default Maxian face on reaching adulthood.) Hence why templates 21 and 25 don't age properly--the game can't access their nonadult versions, so rather than interpolating, it grabs some other template.

As far as I can tell, the deformation only happens in the case of Sims created in BS or CAS, who only have one defined age-face and thus must be deformed. When that kid is aged up as a non-template, BS Sim--yeah, it's not pretty.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: