More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 16:04:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Face Templates - 2008-05-08 - No Update - New Links
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Face Templates - 2008-05-08 - No Update - New Links  (Read 336411 times)
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Face Template Replacements (Work in Progress - Pictures)
« Reply #75 on: 2006 May 29, 19:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also excited for this project. I have a set of template replacements already but they tend to all look the same. These look wonderful. Even with all the same eye color and hair styles and skintones you can still see the differences.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 May 29, 21:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet another harmonius set of faces.  This will be, I think, the best template set to come out yet.  Thank you in advance for your eventual sharing them all with us!  Finally, a set of faces that will breed well, yet be distinctive.  (*click, baaa*)

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 May 30, 04:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* BlueSoup is bouncing off the walls waiting for this.

*Joins Blue and bounces in the opposite direction so we criss-cross in the middle of the room.....

I am so excited for these!

c

*joins Blue and dink and bounces at a 90 degree angle to their direction of travel...

*hopes his timing is right or we're gonna have a big mess in the middle of the room in a bit...

I have been on the edge of my seat waiting for these since I first saw them... Poor chair is about to break!

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 May 30, 15:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much for the support (and the snuggling  Wink ).

* waits for the perfect moment, then chucks a water balloon into the center of the room *

* runs away, cackling *

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 May 30, 16:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You better run away... Get back to work! Before you go, though, could you hand me a towel?

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 May 31, 14:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

are we there yet?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 May 31, 15:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

are we there yet?

how about now?  are we there now?
Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 May 31, 17:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to pee

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 May 31, 17:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to pee

Why do I suddenly want to watch Forrest Gump?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 May 31, 18:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patience, my friends, is a virtue.  Cheesy
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 June 01, 04:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* vecki waits patiently... and uses this post to flag when the thread is updated - hopefully with a complete set ready for download!

Can't wait, can't wait... Cheesy

<insert witty comment here>
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 June 01, 08:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IF I HAVE TO TURN THIS CAR AROUND...

(Made you look)

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 June 01, 10:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* vecki throws a rattle at Nailati

GIVE ME!  GIVE ME!

<insert witty comment here>
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 June 03, 13:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*starts bouncing again - but from ceiling to floor this time.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 June 03, 23:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are definitely the best replacement face templates I've seen. I can tell you put a ton of work into them. I'm really looking forward to having them in my game  Smiley.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Face Template Replacements (3 June: New Pics)
« Reply #90 on: 2006 June 04, 00:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you   Cheesy .

The latest update is up in post #1, and I've rounded up all the screenshots there, as well.

A couple of questions for everyone. First, how does face #2 look in terms of proportions? I tried to make it as averaged-out/ideal as possible (taking the name "BASE" literally) so I'd have a generic base to compare the rest of the faces to when I'm checking the compatibility of the features.

Second: faces #21 and #25--ugh. (Those are the "broken" templates.) I understand that they pass on face #1 genetics, so I tried combining each of them with face #1--which resulted in 2 slightly crappy variations on face #1. I could just make them look exactly like face #1, but personally, I've never much liked that template. (Though I haven't changed it much because it's popular.) Now I'm considering making #21 and #25 into hideous freaks, so you'll have eminently killable sims who can still be allowed to spawn. Thoughts?

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2006 June 04, 00:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you   :D .

The latest update is up in post #1, and I've rounded up all the screenshots there, as well.

A couple of questions for everyone. First, how does face #2 look in terms of proportions? I tried to make it as averaged-out/ideal as possible (taking the name "BASE" literally) so I'd have a generic base to compare the rest of the faces to when I'm checking the compatibility of the features.

Second: faces #21 and #25--ugh. (Those are the "broken" templates.) I understand that they pass on face #1 genetics, so I tried combining each of them with face #1--which resulted in 2 slightly crappy variations on face #1. I could just make them look exactly like face #1, but personally, I've never much liked that template. (Though I haven't changed it much because it's popular.) Now I'm considering making #21 and #25 into hideous freaks, so you'll have eminently killable sims who can still be allowed to spawn. Thoughts?

#2 looks quite nice to me.  :)  Re. #21 and 25...not *too* hideous, I hope?  I don't like to kill my Sims no matter how ugly they are, poor things.  :)

Another question: how do these faces look when they're aged up or down?  And do you plan to make other age sets to match?  (I would think if they age and de-age well you could just use the same proportions, not have to make all new ones...)

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 June 04, 01:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second what Amber said about not liking to kill sims.  I want decent looking sims if I must have them wandering around my game.  Smiley
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 June 04, 01:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that even your version of 'crappy' has got to be an improvement over the regular templates.  Could you post some pics for us to see?
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 June 04, 03:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are absolutely beautiful.  I may even try a DAC for the first time to spawn pretty new townies and test these all out

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 June 04, 04:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* waits anxiously *

Seriously, they are a vast improvement on what's in the game originally, and for just that reason I'd be happy to have them as is.  I don't think they need much (if any) tweaking...  I just want them - NOW!   Tongue
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 June 04, 14:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*breaks out the keg of Guinness

This is a cause for celebration and revelry! The True Faces are nigh! Rejoice!

Stunning, Nailati! Hats off to you!

Let the Beast inside you free!
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 June 04, 22:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some ugly Sims are good. But if you could make them look ugly and still human, that would be what I would like best. My problem with Maxis faces isn't the ugliness per se, it's the fact that they don't look like people at all. It's like they escaped from a mutant science experiment gone wrong, especially the males.

I also like your alternate version of the elf face better, it's much more interesting to look at.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 June 06, 09:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grouped all together, WOW, it's really amazing to see the difference! Your templates looks so much better and real. They've kept the stylized look of the game but they look so much more like people I can think of people who look like them for pretty much all of the templates - there was no way I could do that with the freakish exaggerations Maxis provided us with.

I would prefer not to have any hideous or particularly ugly templates. They are templates after all, which are supposed to be a kind of a baseline. If I want or need ugly townies I can make my own, and there's always surgery if I want to mutilate an NPC. Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 June 06, 10:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of these faces, while less hideous, all retain idiotic grins. Shouldn't they have a somewhat more neutral, or, more realistically, a frowny to scowly expression?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: