More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:51:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Face Templates - 2008-05-08 - No Update - New Links
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Face Templates - 2008-05-08 - No Update - New Links  (Read 335031 times)
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
Re: Face Template Replacements (Work in Progress - Pictures)
« Reply #25 on: 2006 April 11, 01:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see them now, "Hey, we can make REALLY awful looking faces here!  Look at this one!  I just know EVERYONE will want to kill this sim over and over and over again!"

Therein lies the problem for the Australian Aborigines  Sad

The funny thing is that the appalling #18 was carefully labelled as CAUS so that no American cultural group would get offended.  I think that had they tried to have such a template labelled so it was clearly African Americans or even Native Americans there would have been absolute uproar.

Nailati - I think you are doing a wonderful job and I would really love to have your kind of sims in my game.
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 April 17, 03:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest. I'm trying a new style of thumbnail, in an attempt to make it easier to compare the faces.

[Faces 12 - 15 moved upthread --3 June]

(#15 is supposed to be Ethiopian; #14, "Teutonic;" I don't know what ECER stands for, so I decided to go with Cherokee for #13.)
« Last Edit: 2006 June 03, 23:48:12 by Nailati » Logged

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 April 17, 20:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like these last examples, you've managed to make the existing faces much smoother.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 April 17, 21:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are fantastic.  I would totally use these.  Wow!  I am guessing you will also let us know how to do the replacements?

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 April 17, 21:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fae, when they are done, Nailati will be shipping them off to me for the SimPE part (since she's a Mac user) and then she'll be posting them for download, I believe.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 April 17, 22:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

piping in again just to tell you that you are doing a fantastic job and I am still watching this thread closely...

I can't wait to have these in my game!

but no pressure Wink

take your time, these look better everytime I see them

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 April 18, 11:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, too, am keeping a sharp eye on this thread. Not so very long ago I very nearly DL'd one of the other CAS face replacements springing up just now and I'm glad I hesitated. These are very, very promising so please Do take your time as you're, obviously, doing something Right.

Something to consider, perhaps--I, like so many, enjoy playing my Sims as close to 'reality' as possible, and so, have had very little use for the 'Elven' face templates. This really is a shame, and a waste, as the two faces that are rounded out with the pointy, Elven ears are interesting. I really like them--but, I really don't want Spock ears popping up all over my neighbourhoods. Undecided

I can't be the only one who feels this way. So, I was wondering, and please keep in mind that this request comes from one with No concept what degree of effort this might entail, so, simply ignore me if my suggestion is outlandish...but, would it be possible to upload two versions of the face templates? One, with the original Elven ears, for those who enjoy using them, and Another set with 'normal' ears for those of us who prefer our games a tad more true to life? I figured that it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thank You for working so hard on this project!

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why?...Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 April 18, 17:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone pop up with those ears unless I've deliberately put them in the hood...
I kind of like the elf face, though of course I have a replacement for it so it isn't so uh, Spock-like.. pointy and harsh looking.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 April 18, 17:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just adding my name to the list of those eagerly awaiting these templates.  Beautiful job!

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 April 18, 23:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone pop up with those ears unless I've deliberately put them in the hood...
I kind of like the elf face, though of course I have a replacement for it so it isn't so uh, Spock-like.. pointy and harsh looking.

Goopy Gillscarbo has the pointy ears, but you usually can't see them because his default hairstyle covers them.  But don't let him breed -- any kids will most likely have the spock ears (and be REALLY FUGLY to boot).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 April 19, 01:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pointy-ear face template is not used to spring townies.  It's the only one set up not to do that, so there's no need to have a separate round-ear template.

Your work is beatiful, m'dear.  We're all eagerly awaiting the final product, but don't rush!

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 April 19, 03:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goopy Gillscarbo has the pointy ears, but you usually can't see them because his default hairstyle covers them.  But don't let him breed -- any kids will most likely have the spock ears (and be REALLY FUGLY to boot).

I've put the ninja costume (incl. hat) to good use so I don't have to look at him  Tongue  However, I might just make over Goopy eventually, using Nailati's stunning templates of course and give him some new clothes.
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 April 19, 04:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone.  Cheesy

I want to make these available as soon as I'm satisfied with them, so I'll just be doing the standard set of 27. I'll see how I feel after those are uploaded--I'm considering making alternates at some point, but I'll probably need an extended Body Shop detox first.

Fae, when they are done, Nailati will be shipping them off to me for the SimPE part (since she's a Mac user) and then she'll be posting them for download, I believe.

Yep--after Blue h4x0rz the faces into templates Wink , I'll upload them to MTS2 (and will let you guys know, of course). Then it'll be a matter of putting the ones you want in your Downloads folder.

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 April 19, 10:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pointy-ear face template is not used to spring townies.  It's the only one set up not to do that, so there's no need to have a separate round-ear template.

Ah, I see...it looks like your observation was accurate, Zeljka Smiley...
Good to know I needn't live in fear of the generation of any more pointy, Goopiesque Sims infiltrating the ranks of my neighbourhood. *shudder* It's a pity that it would be those templates which bear the curse of the Elven, as they also happen to be two of the more palatable, as CAS aesthetics go, at least. Not that this will soon matter since Nailati will, shortly, broaden our horizons.

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why?...Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 April 19, 12:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've put the ninja costume (incl. hat) to good use so I don't have to look at him  Tongue  However, I might just make over Goopy eventually, using Nailati's stunning templates of course and give him some new clothes.

Goopy is now a zombie wandering around in my game, and his fugly kid had an unfortunate meeting with a falling satellite... Wink

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2006 April 19, 13:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goopy is long dead in my game. Yes, I also let him breed. His great grand daughter is gorgeous. I finally managed to get rid of the Goopy traces in the family's genes.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 April 20, 02:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Boy, I can see a difference in #16's eyelids.  Looks terrific.  My name is on the growing list of people leisurely waiting for them to be available for download. No hurry. We will all be playing the Sims for a long time.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 April 20, 03:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are very nice!  Smiley
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 April 24, 13:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are awesome! I can't wait 'til you finish the lot of 'em, so I can start using them in my game. I love that you chose to keep the characteristics of the original faces and just de-uglify them. Keep up the great work!

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 May 03, 12:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the latest batch--they just about killed me. For one, I find it difficult to make convincing Asian faces with Body Shop. Also, I've been getting pickier (this must violate some law of physics). I'm still trying to find that balance between grotesque and gorgeous, but I've been looking at these particular faces for too long to be able to judge anymore. As always, suggestions are welcome. *collapses in a corner*

By the way, #11 is an attempt at a Mexican face; my logic was may=Mayan=Mexican, which may be a stretch, but I ran with it since I hadn't done any specifically Latino faces yet.

[Faces 7 - 11 moved upthread --3 June]

Oh, yeah, and a new thumbnail style as well. I swear I spend as much time dicking around with the thumbnails as I do making the faces.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 03, 23:45:29 by Nailati » Logged

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 May 03, 13:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

->hands Nailati some Red Bull and vitamin pills.
Great work indeed! Don't you collapse just yet, you've still not released those!  Grin

Let the Beast inside you free!
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2006 May 03, 13:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks like a labour of love and you have done well. My only criticism is that it appears to my eye that your own preferences in regard to facial characteristics are in danger of overshadowing your obviously genuine desire to approach the job impartially. By that I mean that some of the changes from the Maxis versions are quite drastic ... perhaps more than was needed. Just a personal point of view though. The overall quality is excellent and I would certainly use many of your revised templates when they're all ready. Smiley

/Slight ramble .... I remember how disappointed I was with the pre-release version of BS when I discovered that Maxis had utterly ignored natural facial anatomy and, instead, opted for a dogs' breakfast assemblage of lumps of virtual putty. The clearest examples of what I mean are:
  • Two cheek options - one for size and another for gaunt/plump and neither work exactly as might be reasonably anticipated
  • Width adjuster for upper and lower face - operates irrationally
  • Cheekbones have 3 adjusters! none of which successfully mimic the only significant variable of the real thing: width
  • Absolute omission of an adjuster for the most important facial proportion: the so-called middle third dimension

LOL Maybe Maxis just couldn't afford to hire an orthodontist to advise them Roll Eyes
/Diversion ends  Wink

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 May 03, 20:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I make no claim to any special expertise re the aesthetics of facial structure, and though lowly layperson, I thought it topical to point out that, Clearly, many of these templates Required drastic intervention. I bear nary a single degree of fondness for the Simian trolls which Maxis chose to infest our neighborhoods...so for me? The farther you can deviate from their abnormal norm, the better.

However, as with you earlier batches--to my eye, this group boasts a pleasing degree of variety, and succeeds at retaining any good inherent to each, while respecting the spirit of the originals...as far as common sense could allow, that is. Considering the origin of your enterprise? No small task.

Again, thank you for tackling it for the rest of us who, without the generosity and intervention of yourself, and others like you, would remain saddled with fewer choices, and the goon squad, ad nauseam.

Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 May 03, 21:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Natilati, these are lovely harmonisations of proportions, ones that will most likely breed well among each other.  Thank you so much for your hard work!

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 May 03, 22:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always get really excited when I see that this thread has been updated ... As always, they look awesome.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: