More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 08:12:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Face Templates - 2008-05-08 - No Update - New Links
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Face Templates - 2008-05-08 - No Update - New Links  (Read 334344 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Face Templates - Testers Wanted - Update: 14 & 15 uploaded [09 March 2007]
« Reply #350 on: 2007 March 17, 09:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I understanding right, that my sims I spend so much time creating will end up looking like a facetemplate once they are adults? And is there anyway around this? I donīt really want to turn faceblend off, because of all the ingame born sims.
I think this is a misunderstanding. Amber is, at best, talking about what happens over generations. Sim genetics should not be altered due to natural aging, only that sims allegedly have 3 "parents": Your two input sims, and a baseline face.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: 2007 March 17, 18:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I understanding right, that my sims I spend so much time creating will end up looking like a facetemplate once they are adults? And is there anyway around this? I donīt really want to turn faceblend off, because of all the ingame born sims.
I think this is a misunderstanding. Amber is, at best, talking about what happens over generations. Sim genetics should not be altered due to natural aging, only that sims allegedly have 3 "parents": Your two input sims, and a baseline face.

Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, abelle!  O_o  I expressed myself very poorly there.  The genetics in a CAS Sim won't change, and if you design a Sim to look a certain way at a certain age, they should look that way as they grow up.

What I mean is...okay, have you ever noticed that when you make a Sim and age them up and down in CAS, the features that look really nice at one age can become weirdly distorted and more noticeably Maxian at others, requiring you to adjust them and make a lot of compromises to get a Sim that looks nice at all ages?

One example that particularly comes to mind is face thinness: make a kid in CAS without the overly plump Maxian cheeks, and then age her to Elder, and she'll wind up looking cadaverously thin.  Adjust them so the Elder looks normal and then regress her to a toddler, and she'll be bloated.  This is because the game is using the face templates to help it figure out how to change the features from one age to the next.  (Drives me up a bloody wall, incidentally.)

Create a CAS Sim without bothering to check how they look at other age stages and adjust to your tastes, and they and their children will be pretty much at the mercy of the templates--their genetics will still be there, but the game will interpret them without your input.  If you use replacements, those will become the guide for the game instead and you'll get different (and hopefully less annoying) distortions. 

However, in the context above, I was primarily talking about children born in game, not CAS Sims.  As Pes says, the genetics get diluted over the generations.  I'd say the best way to avoid it is to regularly introduce new CAS Sims to the hood so the Maxian component doesn't overtake everything else.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2007 March 18, 11:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Templates 08 ("Asian") and 18 ("Australian") are up.

Not sure if they eyes on #18 are too big.

I haven't tested these extensively for "breedability," so please let me know if you come across any awkward feature combinations. Thanks!

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Face Templates - Testers Wanted - 18 March: Faces 08 & 18 Uploaded
« Reply #353 on: 2007 March 18, 14:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You fixed the most hidious of all the maxis hidiouses!
I could actually risk creating a neigbourhood with just these replacements (but I won't; I'll be patient a while longer).

I love you so much for doing this; thank you.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2007 March 18, 19:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, abelle!  O_o  I expressed myself very poorly there.  The genetics in a CAS Sim won't change, and if you design a Sim to look a certain way at a certain age, they should look that way as they grow up.

What I mean is...okay, have you ever noticed that when you make a Sim and age them up and down in CAS, the features that look really nice at one age can become weirdly distorted and more noticeably Maxian at others, requiring you to adjust them and make a lot of compromises to get a Sim that looks nice at all ages?

One example that particularly comes to mind is face thinness: make a kid in CAS without the overly plump Maxian cheeks, and then age her to Elder, and she'll wind up looking cadaverously thin.  Adjust them so the Elder looks normal and then regress her to a toddler, and she'll be bloated.  This is because the game is using the face templates to help it figure out how to change the features from one age to the next.  (Drives me up a bloody wall, incidentally.)

That is good to know. I did notice, that the toddlers I created in bodyshop and CAS were looking strange, when I aged them up there. I didnīt know, that the facetemplates played such an important role for ingame born sims though. This is another reason to have good facetemplate replacements. I canīt wait for these to be finished. I feel like I have been following this thread for a year. The finished templates look amazing though. Well worth the wait.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2007 March 23, 23:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For faces 8 and 18, when I click on the FileHO links, I get this message:

This File has been deleted because of abuse
If you think that this is an error, please contact us.

What the hey? I'm assuming that the links you provided to the other file sharing site will work once that site has finished it's maintenance.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2007 March 23, 23:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love you so much for doing this; thank you.

Just for you, my fellow crazy cat lady.

For faces 8 and 18, when I click on the FileHO links, I get this message:

This File has been deleted because of abuse
If you think that this is an error, please contact us.

What the hey? I'm assuming that the links you provided to the other file sharing site will work once that site has finished it's maintenance.

Huh. That's bizarre. What, they think it's some kind of pirated goodies?

Off to do link maintenance.

EDIT: Added some more mirrors, trashed the FileHO links.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 23, 23:45:35 by Nailati » Logged

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2007 March 24, 00:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*click* Baaaaah!

Err, I mean...thanks, Nailati. I appreciate it. Smiley

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2007 May 02, 08:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be a stupid question, but how many faces have you done altogether?  I mean, I see the seven in the links on the 1st post, but are there more? :p

I ask this because I seem to have downloaded a lot of them in the past and am interested in making sure I have the newest and theoretically most shiny versions (I'm ransacking my download folder in hopes of fixing some Seasons-based conflicts, so I figured I'd try to do some other mod housekeeping/updating at the same time).  Is there a way to, say, download them all at once? Wink
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2007 May 02, 10:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are 7 complete sets, with all ages.
All other faces from the game has only been finished for adult, and as far as I understand, just beta versions.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: 2007 May 08, 10:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naitali, I would like to give you a bit of feedback, although I am sure you have heard what I'm about to say from many directions already. So far I am seeing a great range of diversity & interesting faces with your template betas installed. I am pleased to say that in a new hood I have already noticed considerable improvements to the pleasantview-default townies. The faces are interesting & diverse without being cariacatures of racial prototypes. I have to commend you for the quality of your defaults thus far.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Baronetess
polonius
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2007 May 25, 15:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These templates are fabulous.  I can't get over it - some of my townies turned out to be gorgeous!  There was a nasty surprise for me when one of my sims aged to elder, though - I had forgotten that most of the templates are still adult-only.  I'm pretending that he was involved in some sort of disfiguring accident lol.

I like the way you preserved the distinctive characteristics of each template, so the resulting faces look human instead of like porcelain dolls. 

I hope work is continuing on this wonderful set.  Thanks this is great! Tongue 
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: 2007 August 22, 05:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes yes I know, scary undead red skull dude, but ummm...Naitali?  You still alive?  XD

cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2007 August 22, 20:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the waking of the dead Amber as I was just wondering about this as well.  Smiley

Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2007 August 23, 23:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, guys. I'm desperately searching for a job and have been without internet access for several months now (I'm writing this from the public library, elbow-to-elbow with the hobos). So I can't work on this project now and to be honest I don't know if it'll ever be finished. Of course you can always help things along by contributing to Nailati's Rent and Cat Litter Fund.  Tongue

Y'all are free to take the faces and do with them as you will. A while back I got a pm from someone who wanted to know if they could make some templates based on my #2, and I'll state here publicly what I told them: absolutely. If you use my faces as a starting point for your own, I would very much appreciate credit, but you do what you want.

Later!

Edited due to a momentary lapse of spelling
« Last Edit: 2007 September 08, 15:37:52 by Nailati » Logged

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2007 August 24, 00:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're okay, and that's what matters.

Good luck with the search! Kiss

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2007 August 27, 23:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly!  Here's hoping that things will look up for you soon.  Best wishes.

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2007 November 20, 07:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are all of the Nailati faces that I have. I hope that it is okay with her that I've uploaded them but they are so beautiful that it would be cruel to hoard them for myself.
There are several sets of replacement face templates that are meant to "fix" the EAxis faces. At the moment my two favorite sets are by Terrakosmos and
Selzi. Both of those posts have links to tons of other face replacement sets so you shouldn't have trouble finding one that you like.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: 2007 November 20, 12:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if anyone has links to similar but more complete face replacement sets, in the same vein of subtle tweaks to the original faces, I would be very appreciative (though perhaps that's better done as a PM or a new thread). The existing face replacement sets I've come across have been more dramatic changes, often eliminating the variety (for better or for worse) in the original EA/Maxis set, or just plain ugly.

Heh, well, the EAxis originals were kinda ugly to start with, which is the whole point of replacements, so if you go too subtle that's what you're going to get.  XD

Having said that, AllenABQ's set, which was the first to be made, is basically a mild defiglification of the originals:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=106077&c=1&page=1&pp=50

And I tried to keep some of the character of the originals in mine:

http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=194488

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: 2007 November 20, 13:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Amber's face replacements and they are great looking without being too pretty-pretty. I like my sims to have some facial character rather than constant good looks.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2007 November 20, 17:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto -- I tried a bunch over the years, but settled on Amber's.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2007 November 20, 18:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't used face templates until recently.  Currently I'm using Zazazu's, which have a nice variation in face sizes (or so it seems to me) - not constant large foreheads, small mouths, etc.  Her set also has slightly larger eyes (I think), which I know some folks think is a bit cartoony, but I like it.

Tribulatio proxima est
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2007 November 20, 19:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I like is the mix and match. I think I used faces from just about every talented creator: Selzi, Amber, Nailati, etc. I had the perfect set going in my game. Of course all of that, including all the downloads of the full templates, have gone down with my computer. Stupid computer.

Meh. I will have to do it all over again, but because I know where I got the most templates from, it'll not be that hard. The hardest part was/will be finding the odd little here's and there's. Thanks to Amber and the 'abandoned mods' thread I was able to find quite a few of those back.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2007 November 20, 20:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I do too.  There are some Maxis faces I don't mind, so I don't replace those.  Then, I put in some replacements for those which I only want modified slightly.  Finally there are some I never want to appear, and I choose the prettiest or most interesting version from one of several creators.  I think in total, I have borrowed from around 6 different sets.

Doing it this way does expose my game to some ugly babies from face size mismatches, but it avoids the problem of homogeneity.  I don't fault any of the creators; it's only natural that we each have an individual sense of what we find pleasing and that's bound to be an overriding influence when you try to make up 20+ faces.

I try to resist the urge to give plastic surgery to any of my sims.  I've found that by playing even the ugly ones, I can eventually find something attractive or interesting about them.  What I hate about the maxis uglies is that they're all unbearable in exactly the same way.
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Face Templates - Updated 2007-12-09 - #17 Added (Thanks Gwill)
« Reply #374 on: 2007 December 09, 23:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

#17 is complete. Thanks to Gwill for doing the SimPE legwork!

(All ages are included.)

Download

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: