More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 02:09:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  SimSheet (a sim-tracking program) [Now with Aspiration and LTW tracking!]
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimSheet (a sim-tracking program) [Now with Aspiration and LTW tracking!]  (Read 239317 times)
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: SimSheet (a sim-tracking program) [Now with Aspiration and LTW tracking!]
« Reply #425 on: 2009 April 21, 02:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just to make sure that i am using the lastest version i will re download it again but i know it not going to make much difference i only downloaded it a few days ago
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: 2009 April 21, 02:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I cannot reproduce this error, so I have no idea why it's happening.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2009 April 21, 03:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well dont worry for now as I have re downloaded sim sheet on my laptop and so far it seems alright i must of got a bad download or something as i sometime have to download some custom content a second time and its fine I will download sim sheet on my desktop and see how it goes sorry for the hassle and thank you for your time. Huh Embarrassed
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2009 April 21, 12:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was Using version 0.5 before I downloaded I dont know what was wrong now it fixed which is good
Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2009 April 24, 15:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just discovered this. Sounds nice after doing this all in excel.
But I'm a blond and I can't figure out how to import sim lists from SimPE. I get the same "Cannot find output file. Check that you are using the AL version of SimPE." that was posted here a while ago. I read what was written about it here but I honestly haven't understood a thing what to do with this.

I know I don't have an evil twin, because I'm the evil one.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: 2009 April 24, 17:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where is SimPE installed?  Where is SimSheet installed?  Do you get any other error messages?  Are you in fact using the latest SimPE QA?

Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2009 April 24, 19:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I thought M&G patch was the latest version of SimPE. Just downloaded the newest. Still the same. But now I'm getting an error when running SimPE so I think I have to figure that one out first... SimPE is installed by default in C:\Program Files\SimPE\ and SimSheet is also in C:\Program Files

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: 2009 April 24, 20:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the QA version, though, right?  In order to get the QA you have to get Inge to sign you up for the QA group on the SimPE forums, and then download it from the QA forum.

tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2009 April 25, 02:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not any longer, the QA is now available to all.
SimPE Homepage

Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2009 April 25, 20:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uninstalled SimPE at all, deleted all "leftovers" of it, installed QA version and it's now working perfectly fine and import also works!
And this thing looks amazing so far. And much better/easier than using excel for this.

I have a question already. How can I delete a household or a sim from the list? And delete images?
« Last Edit: 2009 April 25, 21:48:42 by Fikcija » Logged

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #435 on: 2009 April 26, 00:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Households only show up if there are sims actually in them, so just removing all sims from the household will make it disappear.  There is currently no way to delete sims, unfortunately.  The only way to get rid of an image is to replace it with another one, but if you really want it gone, you can edit the savefile by hand like so:  Find the line that begins with the sim's name; on that line is the path to the image encased in double-quotes - delete the path so that it simply reads "".  You can't remove sims by simply deleting their lines, though - this will cause problems with family ties information, which relies on the order and number of the lines.

Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2009 April 26, 09:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I will then just delete the lists and import them again from simpe, but this time I won't be lazy and not just check all playables but actually check that it doesn't import the households that are just sitting in the sim bin.
As for images I just found it a little annoying that if you're for example currently viewing Brandi Broke and she has an image, then you click on Mortimer Goth, who doesn't have an image, it will still be showing Brandi Broke's image.
My Belladonna Cove and Desiderata Valley (I haven't yet played either of them) had social bunnies included as playables! (I'm not complaining, just stating the fact)
« Last Edit: 2009 April 26, 10:49:23 by Fikcija » Logged

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: 2009 April 26, 14:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for images I just found it a little annoying that if you're for example currently viewing Brandi Broke and she has an image, then you click on Mortimer Goth, who doesn't have an image, it will still be showing Brandi Broke's image.
My Belladonna Cove and Desiderata Valley (I haven't yet played either of them) had social bunnies included as playables! (I'm not complaining, just stating the fact)

Ok, those are bugs - I'll fix them for the next version.  Thanks for letting me know.

tabbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: 2009 May 10, 20:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I need a walk through for this *blonde and airheaded*

I have Simsheet in one file on my desk top (that is where I have the files all stored)
Then I have SimPE installed on my C drive in program files

When I go to import a neighborhood it brings up the Black Loader exe thing, it opens SimPE - but then does nothing after that.

Am I required to do anything further at this point? I have no idea how to use this program but I would LOVE to use it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also thank you for the program, I just can't wait to use it Smiley
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: 2009 May 10, 20:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like you do not have the right version of SimPE.  You need the latest QA, which can be found here.

tabbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: 2009 May 10, 20:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like you do not have the right version of SimPE.  You need the latest QA, which can be found here.

Ok I just installed the new version but I did get an error that said no output.

So do the DLL files go with SimSheet or do I stick them in the SimPE program somewhere?

I think I need a break down of how to install it & how to import families.

I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out but I would rather not break it LOL.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: 2009 May 10, 20:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dlls that you downloaded from this thread go with SimSheet; anything that was in the SimPE 7zip file goes with SimPE.  If both programs run, you did it right.

There is not much you can do to break it, to be honest - this isn't TS2, after all.  Did you change the "path to SimPE" in SimSheet to match where you installed the QA?

I am actually gradually accruing a documentation page here, which is still incomplete, though it does have instructions on importing.

tabbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: 2009 May 10, 20:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dlls that you downloaded from this thread go with SimSheet; anything that was in the SimPE 7zip file goes with SimPE.  If both programs run, you did it right.

There is not much you can do to break it, to be honest - this isn't TS2, after all.  Did you change the "path to SimPE" in SimSheet to match where you installed the QA?

I am actually gradually accruing a documentation page here, which is still incomplete, though it does have instructions on importing.

What is the QA?
Do I need to create this or will it be in SimPE or will it be in the SimSheet?

Ok I just read through your linked document, it was very helpful and as far as I can tell I have followed those instructions though I still get the "No Output" error.
I will try doing this again just to make sure I did not miss anything.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 10, 20:49:31 by tabbs » Logged
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: 2009 May 10, 23:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"QA" is the version of SimPE that I linked above.  Basically, you download the 7zip file, unzip it into somewhere (like, say, C:\Program Files\SimPE_QA\ or something) and then in the SimSheet settings set the "default path to SimPE" field to "C:\Program Files\SimPE_QA\" or wherever you put the 7zip.

Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2009 May 12, 10:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't reading this very carefully so I don't know if I just misunderstood, but just in case. It's better to uninstall SimPE completely and then install the QA version. It worked for me, solved all the errors.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: 2009 December 02, 13:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded this today for the first time.  The ready made list of sims will be really useful and the sorting works well.  I'm thinking about trying a rotation, so again this will really help.  Thanks!

Had you thought about adding the zodiac sign to that front page?  It would be really nice to be able to plan how to pair sims up outside the game and zodiac sign is pretty important for a 3 bolt match.  If I remember right, matchmaking was one of the useful things you could do in sims2db.

It took me a while to get my 717 sims imported, but I got there.  Still not sure what I was doing wrong.  I kept putting filepaths in the fields and closing the window because I didn't see a "Go" button.  Eventually I got it right and the "import" button became selectable.  That's when I realised that this is the "Go" button.  The filter hung a lot and boxes didn't uncheck, so I guess I'll filter before I make the next list and use sort instead.  I'm running Windoze 7 btw & am getting a regular C++ error, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was me.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: 2009 December 03, 00:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had you thought about adding the zodiac sign to that front page?  It would be really nice to be able to plan how to pair sims up outside the game and zodiac sign is pretty important for a 3 bolt match.  If I remember right, matchmaking was one of the useful things you could do in sims2db.

Does zodiac really have an effect in TS2?  I remember it being a big thing in TS1, but I was under the impression that in TS2 aspiration and turn ons pretty much subsumed everything else.  I'll put it on my to-do list, though, for when I get back to working on 0.6.

It took me a while to get my 717 sims imported, but I got there.  Still not sure what I was doing wrong.  I kept putting filepaths in the fields and closing the window because I didn't see a "Go" button.  Eventually I got it right and the "import" button became selectable.  That's when I realised that this is the "Go" button.

Well, I tried to make it straighforward, but it's probably less so for some than others.  Where were you looking for the button?  The Import button will become enabled when you navigate to a folder than has a "SimPE.exe" - otherwise, the import won't work.

The filter hung a lot and boxes didn't uncheck, so I guess I'll filter before I make the next list and use sort instead.  I'm running Windoze 7 btw & am getting a regular C++ error, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was me.

It might be Windoze 7 - I downloaded it and ran it just now on this XP computer, and there's no real noticeable delay and the filter dialog definitely works.  What does the error say?  Is it a crash, or something different?

If Windows 7 is the problem, it might be fixable by downloading the source and installing Qt and MinGW and then just recompiling it on Windows 7 - the problem then is finding someone with Windows 7 who's willing to do all of that.  I wouldn't have thought Windows would have this particular problem, to be honest, though.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: